Mushihimesama Futari ver 1.01

Started by EOJ, August 30, 2010, 12:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

CAVE 12/2006 (PCB) ~ 11/2009 (X360)

This is the Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.01 high score thread. DO NOT SUBMIT VER 1.0 SCORES HERE. There is a separate thread for that. Ver 1.0 has never been ported and there is a 99.9999% chance it never will be.

Rules: no continues, and default live stock, difficulty, and extends. Submit in the order shown in the table.

Key for all tables:
MODE - Character  
SCORE - NAME - STAGE (LxX for ALL scores)- X360/Arcade mode

LxX for ALL scores indicates how many spare lives you finished the game with (for example, if you finish the game with 2 spare lives, list it as Lx2, if you finish the game with no spare lives, list it as Lx0). Please include this info if you can, as it is very important for your extend bonus.

---

ORIGINAL MODE - RECO
Quote1.  121,650,228 - EOJ - ALL (Lx1) - X360
2.  109,911,432 - SPZ - ALL (Lx1) - X360
3.    89,631,342 - HVL - Stage 5 (Boss) - X360

ORIGINAL MODE - PALM
Quote1.  139,338,083 - EOJ - ALL (Lx2) - X360
2.    81,109,459 - HVL - Stage 5 (Boss) - X360
3.    36,234,312 - TOM - Stage 3 (Boss) - X360

MANIAC MODE - RECO
Quote1.  203,181,610 - EOJ - Stage 5 (Boss) - X360
2.     82,146,840 - SPZ - Stage 4 - X360

MANIAC MODE - PALM
Quote1.    

ULTRA MODE - RECO
Quote1.  

ULTRA MODE - PALM
Quote1.  
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

Got this score last night, finally broke the 200mil barrier. Score and replay are up on Xbox Live.

MANIAC-RECO
203,181,610 - EOJ - Stage 5 (Boss) - X360

My score archive

Medal

ORIGINAL-PALM
36,234,312 - TOM - Stage 3 (Boss) - X360

Pretty shit for a first credit. This mode is a lot more fun than 1.5 Original, though. Everything is dangerous.

Sapz

Original - Reco
109,911,432 - SPZ - ALL (Lx1) - X360

God damn, this is pretty intense compared to the regular game. Fun stuff.

EOJ

My score archive

Sapz

Thanks. :) Going for Maniac next, but I suspect it will take a while - it looks pretty brutal compared to 1.5 Maniac. Scoring well seems difficult too given how hard it is to raise the counter, though I haven't looked into it that much yet.

EOJ

I need to work on 1CCing Maniac one of these days. I've gotten to the last boss a bunch of times, but bombs do close to no damage and Reco's laser is weaker compared to ver 1.5, so it's a long and brutal fight. Best I've done is gotten to the last phase.

The scoring is sparser compared to Maniac 1.5, but still a lot of fun. It's all about scoring in the second half of the levels (just focus on raising your counter to 9999 in the first half) and on the bosses, like in DDPDFK 1.5.
My score archive

HVL

Inspired by Sapz, I decided to play a few credits too. Digging how the game tries to nail you from the get-go. :laugh:

Normal shot.

Original - Reco
68,561,388 - HVL - Stage 5 - X360

HVL

God damn! Pretty sure this would've been a clear if I hadn't died twice in the latter half of stage 5.

Original - Reco
89,631,342 - HVL - Stage 5 (Boss) - X360

Sapz

Badass, keep going! I had a game over or two at Larsa before the 1cc, you're really close.

Maniac - Reco
82,146,840 - SPZ - Stage 4 - X360

Tried a credit in Maniac today - had a really nice first three stages, and then lost every remaining life before the 4th boss. :oogle: If that was any indication, I don't think I'll be hitting the second extend before the final stage. I was getting hammered in stage 4 too hard to actually attempt serious scoring there.

Also, here's a video of the Original 1cc, for anyone interested.

HVL

Here's a Palm score I just got. The last boss is quite a bitch because the bomb damage is pitiful.

I'm really digging this mode. :righton:

Original - Palm
81,109,459 - HVL - Stage 5 (Boss) - X360

TimingTripod40

Original - Palm
75,886,536 - GUS - ALL (Lx0) - X360

Yeah, this mode rules. I got this on Sunday and played it for 12 hours straight. Could somebody just explain real quick how the scoring works? I always try to kill everything with the correct shot and my score is still shit.

Sapz

Original - Reco
126,965,323 - SPZ - Stage 5 (Boss) - X360

Put in another credit recently, with much more aggressive scoring. I managed to forget the 1up house for this version was different (and so missed it) and died three times to Larsa, though. :laugh: Maybe 150m will be a nice goal. There don't seem to be any really high scoring replays of this around, but ABI's leaderboard score was something like 250m from what I remember, so clearly there's a lot of potential here... somewhere.

TimingTripod: Just as important as using the right shot is grabbing the gems as quickly as possible to get double the value for them. It's crucial to raise your stage counter as quickly as possible in this way for good scores. Dying and bombing both hurt a lot in this mode, so it's pretty strict.

EOJ

Quote from: Sapz on June 14, 2011, 07:55:37 AM
ABI's leaderboard score was something like 250m from what I remember, so clearly there's a lot of potential here... somewhere.

It's 218mil.

Just as important as using the right shot is grabbing the gems as quickly as possible to get double the value for them.

Nope. They didn't add that until 1.5. Scoring in 1.0(1) is all about killing everything with the right shot, getting as many gems as possible (ground gems are a big deal), and not dying or bombing in the stages. Your multiplier cuts in half with a death, really hurting your score.
My score archive

Sapz

Wait, really? I guess that's where the lower multipliers come from, then. I'll play some more credits with that in mind.

EOJ

You know what, I think what I wrote is incorrect. The Futari wiki says it's the case (and that's what I was following), but I just did a test on the start of stage 1 where I stayed on the bottom of the screen, killed all the enemies and absorbed all the gems. I got about 235 on the counter by the time the power up carrier appeared. I then played the same part killing all the enemies very close to them to absorb the gems when they were green, and I ended up with about 345 on the counter by the time the power up carrier appeared. I tried it a few times, and it was the same result each time.

My score archive