Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Pretty cool! Give us the lowdown on any differences you find.  :righton:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

SuperPang

Fucked if I know, I've had this for years and never noticed it's an uncommon revision. That should tell you how much I like the game. :laugh: It was the talk of flamingos that made me go check. Yes, we have no flamingos  :whyioughtta:

Dave_K.

Does your board have an "E" serial number?

EOJ

That should make no difference whatsoever. I've had or seen a Mushi 1 board that was a reprogrammed E2 PCB, an Ibara Kuro that was a reprogrammed E2, a Futari 1.5 that was a reprogrammed PS (another was a reprogrammed Mushi-tama), an Ibara that was a reprogrammed Ibara Kuro, and a Futari Black Label that was a reprogrammed MMP. Cave likes to use old boards to program new games (and some times newer boards to reprogram older games!)
My score archive

Dave_K.

I see, so whatever backstock is laying around, they may reprogram to fill some type of request or special order outside of typical production batch process?

EOJ

Seems that way. Ibara reprogrammed from an Ibara Kuro is probably the weirdest one. Such a big difference in the prices between those two boards.

BTW some Pink Sweets boards have a PS- initial in the serial. My Futari BL (bought at release) is the only one I've seen with an MMB- initial, but it was on a sticker on top of an MMP- initial sticker (you could make out the faint MMP if you looked very closely), so it was clearly a reprogrammed MMP board. Most of the other Futari BL's were reprogrammed Futari ver 1.0 PCBs they wanted to get rid of.
My score archive

Muchi Muchi Spork

I have a Pink Sweets 4/6 3 dot version. I don't know what changes is has vs. other versions, but, it exists. Here is a pic from my supergun/S-Video.

Dave_K.

Quote from: Muchi Muchi Spork on April 05, 2011, 09:13:52 PMI have a Pink Sweets 4/6 3 dot version. I don't know what changes is has vs. other versions, but, it exists.

Would be nice if you could compare your board to the results posted here:
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18870&start=41

Muchi Muchi Spork

That's kind of a tall order. The flamingos are there and when I hit load default settings it's not like his. It's not on free play and there is no option for bgm/effect. Demo sound and everything under is the same as his is. As for ship type selection, I can chose from 4 different players and they each have a different ship but there aren't multiple ships per player to choose from. This is the only version I've played so I'm not really sure what he means about this.

EOJ

You can choose different shot types with A, B, A+B, or Start when selecting a ship. I think that's what he was referring to.

Anyway, it sounds like this is the original 2006/04/06 version, just with some bug fixes. Maybe just three instead of four (as in the four dot 2006/04/06 ver), or maybe it's exactly the same as the four dot version and they neglected a dot when they updated it. Who knows. It would be great to see if the infinite lives trick is still in there, but that's difficult to test unless you're pretty good at the game. This shouldn't have any connection to the 2006/xx/xx version, which is a different beast altogether, apparently made for the international (home user) market like the Futari Black Label "Another Ver".
My score archive

Muchi Muchi Spork

I currently still suck at it but I'll check the infinite lives trick at some point in the future. I'll check the shot types next time I play it.

EOJ

To set the record straight, this post doesn't confirm anything about the XX/XX version. You can only do the infinite lives trick by picking up a 1UP item with a full lives stock (+ no miss). The final life has to be a 1UP item, it can't be a score-based extend.
My score archive