Main Menu

Winter 2010 Cave festival

Started by EOJ, November 19, 2010, 07:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkninja

Quote from: GaijinPunch on December 25, 2010, 05:37:34 AM
Quote from: drunkninja on December 23, 2010, 11:41:37 PM
Any chance you'll be able to pick up extra DVDs? =D

Depends on your definition.  Definitely can, but they've all been claimed (and then some).

Awww, damn.  Maybe one'll pop up for sale at some point...

Aisha

Does anybody know if they will be streaming something again this time around?

KOA

There's one Japanese guy on twitter that's been paraphrasing everything that IKD and ASD's been saying during the CAVE Matsuri conference.
One of the things IKD said may justify how everyone's been feeling towards the newer CAVE games specifically.

http://twitter.com/reokaitio/status/18940088239005696
=D =D

GaijinPunch

Haha... strong words.
I didn't stay for anything.  I really froze my fucking balls off this morning.   The weather has been unbelievable around here lately.  I even went for a jog yesterday evening.  Well, that doesn't mean it's nice weather between 4 and 7 AM.  It's definitely not.  I'm wearing my first pair of vans an they must be the worst shoe for winter ever.   After about an hour the cold from the cement crept in the soles of the shoes, and I still had about 2 hours of queuing left.  I did watch 4 episodes of Peep Show though, which was excellent.

I was, once again, "that gaijin".  Looked like a total loser buying tons of crap.  But, oh well.  I'm sure most people realize I'm more of a representative than anything.  Wasn't too interested w/ the rest of the stuff so I just picked up my goods and made the long trek home.  I'm wondering now though if the queuing in the morning is worth it.  I arrived at just before the sweet spot.  4AM and was 49th in line.  I think you can easily push that back 40 minutes, maybe even 60 and be in the first 100.  After 5:00 forget about it b/c the trains have started. By 7AM when they pass out the tickets they're well into 300 or 400 so you're looking at a 12:00 to 13:00 time slot.  I wonder if that's such a bad idea though.  Hmm...

EOJ

Quote from: GaijinPunch on December 26, 2010, 04:14:53 AM
I was, once again, "that gaijin".  Looked like a total loser buying tons of crap.  

Oh man, you crack me up with lines like this.  :laugh:

I can't believe you still get to these things at 4am and trek through for the goods. You're a trooper!
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on December 26, 2010, 04:19:35 AM
I can't believe you still get to these things at 4am and trek through for the goods. You're a trooper!

Well, I always said to myself it wouldn't be worth it if if there wasn't loads of stuff I want for myself.  And now, there's not, although I did buy myself a couple of things I will keep.  Others I will just use once, like the fuck pillow, before passing it on.

But alas, the economy is not good, and there a few people that have been lining my pockets for the last few years, and deserve to get the goods they want.  That is my main motivation. When it's all said and done, it's not terrible.  I was home at  11:15 this morning, but the cold really did hit me from left field.  The summer one was actually nice.  I love this city in the summer (especially when the sun is down) and kind of like watching the sun rise truth be told.  It's one of the few times I can actually enjoy it.  Shorts & a T-shirt and you're golden.  It was also a newly paved area so you could lay down w/o fearing of being in pidgeon shit (for the most part).  Hey isn't quite like that, so that little comfort was gone.

Best part of the whole thing was a guy about 3 people up in line.  He had a small laptop running a Super Famicom emulator, with Playstation controller.  He played all games at maximum frame skip with cheats on.

Animaitor

I thought they'll sell the DFK BL DVD on their website :-\ If GP or Kaneda bought extra DVDs I'd love to make some business with any of you =D

GaijinPunch

They probably will again.  All mine were claimed (and then some).

And I retract one statement.  The emulator guy was a distant second to a couple of the girls in nurse outfits. There was a decent amount of cleavage showing... and the ones that didn't hadn't tight vinyl skirts.  Yeah, you can see this anywhere, but it's nice when it's in there to offset all the geek.

brentsg

GP, I wanted to make a joke and link to a pic of some awesome winter boots I have my eye on.  But I'm half asleep and on an iPad, so pretend I did and it was funny.

Yeah I've now shoveled the driveway in Asics running shoes twice, not pleasant.

But seriously, I'm sure the crazies who buy this stuff all appreciate it.

zlk

So now that the festival is over, what about zatsuza? Has anyone seen the dvd?

Animaitor

In that case, I'll keep an eye on the CAVE store then. As for Zatsusa, I also wanna see a pic of he/she/it... ah, never mind. Thanks EOJ.

GaijinPunch

Quote from: brentsg on December 26, 2010, 09:21:07 AM
GP, I wanted to make a joke and link to a pic of some awesome winter boots I have my eye on.  But I'm half asleep and on an iPad, so pretend I did and it was funny.

Can hardly control myself!

QuoteYeah I've now shoveled the driveway in Asics running shoes twice, not pleasant.

Ironically enough, I just got a pair of brand-spanking new pair of Burton snowboard boots b/c my loony wife threw out my last pair when they were moldy.  :/

QuoteSo now that the festival is over, what about zatsuza? Has anyone seen the dvd?

Mine are all sealed, but I might take a peak at one before shipping it off.  Still busy w/ after Christmas shit....like real work.

Tesuman

EOJ

My score archive

brentsg

Quote from: EOJ on December 27, 2010, 02:40:23 PM
Lots of pics from the event:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201012/26037375.html

They were selling IKD autographed Akai Katana LE kits.

Signed as "IKD Ver." and dated 12/26.. interesting..

EOJ

My score archive

brentsg

Quote from: EOJ on December 27, 2010, 04:30:18 PM
Could be yours, for just $3000.

I picture GP riding home on a bike in the freezing rain..  With a Santa-sized bag of pedoshwag over his shoulder.  I can't see how a $3000 kit fits in there with a happy ending.

GaijinPunch

Quote from: brentsg on December 27, 2010, 04:50:54 PM
I picture GP riding home on a bike in the freezing rain..  With a Santa-sized bag of pedoshwag over his shoulder.  I can't see how a $3000 kit fits in there with a happy ending.

If it was $3k for the kit + a happy ending I might be down for it.

The ironic part of me queuing up and watching Peep Show, there was a bit in there where they were opening up a pub called "Free the Pedos".

Exo

Quote from: GaijinPunch on December 28, 2010, 04:37:38 AM
Quote from: brentsg on December 27, 2010, 04:50:54 PM
I picture GP riding home on a bike in the freezing rain..  With a Santa-sized bag of pedoshwag over his shoulder.  I can't see how a $3000 kit fits in there with a happy ending.

If it was $3k for the kit + a happy ending I might be down for it.

The ironic part of me queuing up and watching Peep Show, there was a bit in there where they were opening up a pub called "Free the Pedos".

and leaving a washing machine in it  =D

GaijinPunch

and leaving a washing machine in it  =D

And making a statement... haha... I could go on all night.
That show is the best thing to come out of England since America.

SuperPang

Seen any of "The Inbetweeners" Paul?

QuoteThey were selling IKD autographed Akai Katana LE kits.
:facepalm:
The fact that it kinda ruins it is some comfort however.

ave

Why did the bee performer have to be a man? Just wondering. Bee costume... Japanese lolikon... focus on sex in Cave marketing... why?  =D

東亜プラン4ライフ

GaijinPunch

QuoteSeen any of "The Inbetweeners" Paul?

No, but I might give it a shot now.

Quote from: ave on December 28, 2010, 12:52:18 PM
Why did the bee performer have to be a man? Just wondering. Bee costume... Japanese lolikon... focus on sex in Cave marketing... why?  =D

B/c all the women were dressed up as slutty nurses.

DED

can someone take some pictures of the guwange artbook(?)?
my blog <- with EXY fanart :>

Aliquantic

SIN has left an interesting post about the Cave festival on his blog.

skykid

Quote from: GaijinPunch on December 26, 2010, 08:13:30 AM
There was a decent amount of cleavage showing... and the ones that didn't hadn't tight vinyl skirts.  Yeah, you can see this anywhere, but it's nice when it's in there to offset all the geek.

Surely they're there to perpetuate the geek, otherwise what would the point be other than to titillate boys who don't know how to get laid.

On the same topic, the chick on the right is hardly what I'd call eye candy. Poor PR from Cave and poor skills Ikeda for using your mum as a shameless marketing tool:

I like the look of the keyboards (didn't know they were there) and I'd like to see some shots of the Guwange book in time for the inevitable reprint if anyone has some to share?
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

Dude

aye those are 3:30am women in Wisconsin lol.

GaijinPunch

On the same topic, the chick on the right is hardly what I'd call eye candy.

Too bad she doesn't have a dick, yeah?

skykid

Quote from: GaijinPunch on January 05, 2011, 12:46:31 AM
On the same topic, the chick on the right is hardly what I'd call eye candy.

Too bad she doesn't have a dick, yeah?

Ah, is that what you were thinking while you were stuck in that queue?  ;)
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away