Ketsui and DDP DOJ BL ports [JP X360]

Started by EOJ, March 04, 2008, 11:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Noted on shmups.com, these games (listed as "X" versions) are listed on this webpage:

http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/soutahouse/diary

Far from anything official, but amazing if true.
Still no SH3 ports on that list, but if Deathsmiles and the like start getting ported, looks like
we'll all need to get a JP X360.

EDIT: Confirmed to be official.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

People on 2Ch are speculating that Arika is not behind this - apparently Mihara didn't know about it. :shock: If so, some other company has come in to port, or Cave is doing it themselves. Too early to tell right now, obviously.
My score archive

Kaneda

Goddamn. I'll believe it when I see it.

EOJ

I find the whole thing pretty weird right now, considering how Ikeda and Mihara reacted to questions about CAVE ports just a week or so ago at the Ketsui-kai 3. I mean, they just laughed at the idea. Must be some other company doing this. Then again, IKD is a known liar.:laugh:
My score archive

GaijinPunch

I'm sure Mihara is aware of pretty much any Cave goings-on.   It'll be interesting to see how they go.  My first assumption is that if it's a company other than Arika porting them (including Cave) that they will suck.   Would be cool if they made high res versions of the games, but that's just not going to happen.

EOJ

Hi res versions would be awesome, and worth buying even for those with the PCB, but probably ridiculously expensive to make. The "X" part is puzzling - who knows what that means.

You're right, any company other than Arika, and this is probably going to suck. I have a feeling it might be them, as if it were another company, wouldn't they go after some more recent games, like Mushi Futari or Deathsmiles? Arika still has the DDP:DOJ and Ketsui licenses - they're probably trying to finally make some money from the latter.
My score archive

cannonball

Interesting news.  No way I'd every import an X360 though.  I'd rather just buy the pcbs.

EOJ

Yeah, an import X360 is a risky venture - about $400 shipped (for the cheapest model), and if it breaks, you have to shell out another $400, since the warranty is no good outside of Japan. That's nearly the cost of Ketsui right there.
My score archive

zakk

So if this isn't Arika, I'm kinda hoping it's not Cave. I don't trust them to put the effort in to make _good_ ports. Although to be honest I only really trust Arika so...

Incoming flood of Ketsui PCB auctions!

EOJ

Holy fuck, DDP DOJ BL is in the newest famitsu:

-Graphic overhaul (you can still choose the original graphics if you want), replay mode, XB live support, downloadable themes & icons, etc.

**THIS IS NOT BY ARIKA. It's by a company called 5pb. Whoever the fuck they are.
My score archive

EOJ

More scans:

DDP: DOJ BL
http://www.vipper.org/vip757599.jpg
http://www.vipper.org/vip757601.jpg

Ketsui
http://www.vipper.org/vip757603.jpg
http://www.vipper.org/vip757605.jpg

The graphics don't look too hot on close inspection, due to the improper resolution. Such a shame.
It's cool they've kept the "INSERT COIN" in there though.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

I see no mention of TATE.  IN fact, there's more wallpaper than game screen.
*hugs PCBs*

EOJ

Yeah, no TATE would make this totally worthless. Considering 5pb has just put out some (bad) dating sims so far, this is not looking like the miraculous dream many had hoped for.

The graphic overhaul just consists of some cheap "smoothing" effects, by the way. It'll probably be about the same as a MAME version of this game, but with less accurate slowdown.
My score archive

rtw

Quote from: EOJMore scans:

DDP: DOJ BL
http://www.vipper.org/vip757599.jpg
http://www.vipper.org/vip757601.jpg

Ketsui
http://www.vipper.org/vip757603.jpg
http://www.vipper.org/vip757605.jpg

The graphics don't look to hot on close inspection, due to the improper resolution. Such a shame.
It's cool they've kept the "INSERT COIN" in there though.
Thanks for this information EOJ :D

The links seem broken, have you got an alternate source ?

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

Sperrfeuer

Wow thats great! :D
I also hope for some SH3 ports....and i really think they will come :P
so i can finally sell most of my expensive pcb's :righton: (if the ports are not f**up :rolleyes:)

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

We should also note DDP:DOJ BL includes the original DDP:DOJ. Though I can't fathom why anyone would want to play that when we have the Arika port of it.
My score archive

rtw

Quote from: EOJ@rtw: here are two of them:
Thank you EOJ :D

Are these the same res as the vipper.org stuff ?

rtw

EOJ

They're scaled down to 800x600, I believe. The originals are 1178x1522.
My score archive

rtw

Quote from: EOJThey're scaled down to 800x600, I believe. The originals are 1178x1522.
If you PM me a link to the originals, I can host them :D

rtw

EOJ

My score archive

Harlequin

I Got to admit im happy the ports are coming, more hope for a PS3 port at
a later date, but like i said on Shmups.com, i am no way taking
a risk on a Jap XBox360. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the Scans dude!

Harlequin

Shalashaska

It's kind of bitter sweet since Arika isn't doing the ports but maybe this new company will surprise us all. Amazing news none the less. I really didn't expect to see something like this at all or at least any time soon. Importing a X360 is the suck though.:/
Quote from: zakkIncoming flood of Ketsui PCB auctions!
Good, maybe I'll finally be able to get my hands on a kit.:D

GaijinPunch

You guys that think Ketsui PCBs are going to start magically appearing all over the place for 50,000 yen are high.  Sure it will hurt the demand in the long run, but this is hardly a viable replacement.

EOJ

I don't think this will affect the PCB price much at all. Maybe I'm crazy, but I just don't see it happening - I don't think 5pb is going to do a Mihara-caliber job porting these. It's too inconceivable for a company to make a bunch of crap dating sims for years, then magically make a few perfect CAVE ports totally out of the blue. Look at Starfish and their two crappy-ass Wii shooting games that were hyped up by people hoping for some quality shooting action on the Wii - Starfish just made mediocre dating sims before those two games.

Maybe it'll bottom out at 90K yen for a bare PCB?
My score archive

rtw

EOJ

Thanks, I emailed you two more in case you needed them.
My score archive

rtw

Quote from: GaijinPunchYou guys that think Ketsui PCBs are going to start magically appearing all over the place for 50,000 yen are high.  Sure it will hurt the demand in the long run, but this is hardly a viable replacement.
I think that this will bring more attention to Ketsui more people will play, but there will always be
the nagging fact that this is a port. My guess is that the PCB's will keep their value.

Since this is a new release it also means that MAME won't touch DaiOuJou or Ketsui since it
has once again become an active merchandise.

rtw

KOMA

It's very great news!Thx for sharing pics
Now,i'm wondering if i sell my Pal X360 for an Asian/Jap one or buy a fresh new one.:D

gsl

Well son of a bitch, pretty sweet news regardless of who's behind the port.  I know I'd personlly be pretty satisfied with a Cave-ported quality DDPDOJ BL and Ketsui; it kindof seems to me that in this genre, if arcade fidelity matters that much then you probably ought to just save up for the PCB anyways.

So are these going to be standard retail titles or through XBox Live; and are they going to be sold seperately or together?  Also, for all y'all in the know, how are 360's as far as import modding?  The inclusion of titles like Rez, Ikaruga, and Triggerheart Exelica already had me thinking about getting a 360 when I'm back home, but this will turn it into a done deal--the price of the console + game will still be about half the going rate for the Ketsui PCB, nevermind the DOJ BL.  I wonder if this would get even the slightest consideration for a port to western parts?  One would think shooters would be a pretty easy decision, as there's not a whole lot of effort required for localization at all (rare examples being cases like Shikigami no Shiro).