Official Cave preorder update thread

Started by EOJ, November 21, 2010, 05:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentsg

I need to add to this dumping ground.

My LE shipped from NCS on the 26th, and arrived at my Post Office (like 1 mile away, maybe 2) at 7:00AM today.  Unfortunately it didn't get delivered.  Right now they are thinking it might still be on the truck, perhaps that he forgot to leave the parcel.  Then again, maybe it's just lost..   :facepalm:

EOJ

The curse of the DFK packages continues!

Doesn't look like my DFK is turning up today. No update since it cleared customs yesterday.  :whyioughtta:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

njiska

Quote from: EOJ on November 29, 2010, 02:42:33 PM
The curse of the DFK packages continues!

Doesn't look like my DFK is turning up today. No update since it cleared customs yesterday.  :whyioughtta:

Ha welcome to my world. Processed by customs last night. Didn't leave there until an hour ago. 10 am tomorrow at best..
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

EOJ

I think for future Cave releases I'm going to skip on the EMS from Hong Kong. I'll do one preorder from Play-asia via Fedex, and another via ncsx.com via USPS priority. One of them should get to me in a reasonable period of time after the release date!
My score archive

brentsg

Mine would have been perfect timing too.  I received payment for my DFK 1.5 kit today via USPS money order, so I'm headed to ship that out.

Edit:  Dear USPS, sorry I'm a tool.  It was hiding on the front porch under a big orange bag with 2 new phone books in it. 

Balance has been restored.

HVL

neomoe

looks like mine was delivered today (NCSX via USPS Priority)!  But I won't get home from work until around 7pm.  

My wife is away visiting her parents, so once I get home I'm gonna have a nice long uninterrupted DFK session until the wee hours of the morn  :righton:

EOJ

Oh screw it, I just ordered the LE from ncsx.com because I don't know what the heck is going on with my EMS P-A order that cleared customs in San Fran yesterday afternoon but apparently still hasn't been put on a plane to Hawaii yet. Bleh. Worst Cave preorder experience ever.

Both will probably show up on the same day. :rolleyes:
My score archive

Lusche

it could be worse ... mine hasnt even cleared customs yet :mad:

but than again, its only 4 days ... 2months in customs isnt strange here, could take up to 6months but why with ddp dfk :(

sh00g

Got mine today from USPS. Been playing just about non-stop today.

My friend's sound track case had a crack in it. Surprised he didn't flip some tables.

lillin

My copy is awaiting customs clerance :'( poor DFK, Budapest airport must be a lonely place :P

njiska

Woo, package officially out for delivery. I'm going to miss it, but on the bright-side I should be able to pick it up at the post office immediately following work. Can't wait to see the customs charge. I'm guessing $20.

neomoe

Quote from: sh00g on November 29, 2010, 10:22:07 PM
My friend's sound track case had a crack in it. Surprised he didn't flip some tables.

That sucks.  Where did  he order his from, NCSX?  They shipped mine in a box packed pretty well, so maybe it happened en route from Japan.

I would be pissed if that happened to me :(

brentsg

It's just a standard, and easily replaceable CD jewel case.

neomoe

Quote from: brentsg on November 30, 2010, 11:09:10 AM
It's just a standard, and easily replaceable CD jewel case.

Well, I may get some heat for this...but when I was buying the LEs I wasn't opening the soundtracks, I was keeping them sealed.

But those days are past me now.  Last LE I bought was Espgaluda 2.  Since then its been SE's for me.

Though I came close to getting the DFK LE for the superior cover artwork.

njiska

Gah, this is intolerable. Still out for delivery. IF they don't attempt soon I won't be able to get it from the post office till tomorrow.

sh00g

Quote from: neomoe on November 30, 2010, 10:58:43 AM
Quote from: sh00g on November 29, 2010, 10:22:07 PM

That sucks.  Where did  he order his from, NCSX?  They shipped mine in a box packed pretty well, so maybe it happened en route from Japan.

I would be pissed if that happened to me :(

Yep, NCSX. Same place I grabbed mine from. He ordered late, payed a higher surcharge and shipping fee as well.

It isn't so much the case as my concern would have been the cd inside, but that foo didn't open it anyway.  :laugh:

charlienash87

Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

HVL

Preordering the LE with CAVE-STG affil. link. :righton:

EOJ

You are a kind sir.

I still have a long way to go to covering the costs of running this site (plus I give away free games in fun competitions here!), so any little bit from the cave-stg affiliate links helps.  :righton:
My score archive

dorakyura

EOJ

I think my DFK is finally going to be delivered tomorrow, as it shows it's at the Hawaii post office today. And now I have an LE coming from ncsx at the end of the week!  :laugh: Will have to sell one of them, but not sure which at this point.
My score archive

HVL

Hey, EOJ. Can you affil. link the LE too? I don't know how to use affils without a direct link.

SuperPang

I think I'll go with VGI as my $12 coupon doesn't seem to work because it's a 2011 preorder. :whyioughtta:

neomoe

Quote from: EOJ on December 01, 2010, 03:10:51 AM
I think my DFK is finally going to be delivered tomorrow, as it shows it's at the Hawaii post office today. And now I have an LE coming from ncsx at the end of the week!  :laugh: Will have to sell one of them, but not sure which at this point.

Is the one from Play-Asia a SE? 

If so, keep the LE from NCSX :)

emphatic

HVL

Quote from: emphatic on December 01, 2010, 09:55:10 AM
Horaay!

*awesome.jpg*

Ordered from VGI with ISF? Seeing you live in Sweden, I hope mine gets here tomorrow!

sh00g

emphatic

Quote from: HVL on December 01, 2010, 09:56:08 AMOrdered from VGI with ISF? Seeing you live in Sweden, I hope mine gets here tomorrow!

I got mine from VGI, yeah. Not sure if I had the same shipping, mine was the cheapest option. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Quote from: sh00g on December 01, 2010, 11:16:17 AMIf I had the space and chance to buy an Egret II. I would totally do it.

If you have the space, get two!  :righton:

ratsflif