Main Menu

Recent posts

Off Topic / Re: Site updates
Last post by EOJ - December 04, 2023, 06:00:48 AM
I upgraded the site to SMF 2.1.4 (from 2.0.19) today. Pretty big upgrade! I will have to see if there are any bugs/glitches. Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

This new version is also mobile-compatible, so we can finally view the site properly on mobile devices (and tapatalk is no longer needed). :righton:
PCB / Re: Stereo audio output from C...
Last post by bitkid - November 28, 2023, 09:44:46 PM
I'm starting to familiarize myself with the MAME CV1K code base and surrounding modules, as well as Buffi's ck1k_research repo, with the goal of attempting to inject higher bitrate and possibly even stereo audio into the ROMs. I'm going to start with seeing if I can just get higher bitrate audio to work first, as that seems like the easiest first step.

It's funny that this post showed up near the top of the Google results when searching for "Yamaha YMZ770". I had completely forgotten I'd posted this over 10 years ago, before I knew how to program or even how the underlying hardware worked in any way shape or form. It was a surprise to see my handle pop up.
PCB / Re: CAVE CV-1000 PCB serial nu...
Last post by EOJ - November 15, 2023, 06:56:13 PM
Yes, so far the evidence suggests 100 were made.
PCB / Re: CAVE CV-1000 PCB serial nu...
Last post by bitkid - November 15, 2023, 06:49:25 PM
Any idea how many Medal Mahjong Moukari Bancho PCBs were made? I found these completed auction links:
1. MB-40004 - https://aucview.aucfan.com/yahoo/168263776/
2. MB-90000 - https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/1111621324

So if these were the extent serials, would that mean that at least 90 boards were made? Someone on the STG Discord estimated probably less than 100 produced.
Other Games / Re: The "what NON-Cave game(s)...
Last post by EOJ - November 12, 2023, 11:18:06 PM
After finishing Ys X: Nordics (which was great), I went back and played through Ys IX (PS5). I had played the Switch version for about 9 hours, but the framerate and graphics were so bad I dropped the game about a year ago and didn't feel like returning until I cleared Ys X. I decided to try the PS5 version of Ys IX, and this time I really enjoyed playing it. Took me about 30 hours to clear it with 100%. Really good Ys game, but I felt the extensive story scenes and large number of characters in the city made it feel like a Trails/Kiseki game at times, which I'd rather not have in my Ys games. Ys X was better in this regard. However, I preferred the gameplay of Ys IX.

Next up on my playlist are Soul Hackers 2 (PS5) and Super Mario RPG (Switch), when it releases later in the week. I've played the first hour of Soul Hackers 2, and so far it's great.
Other Games / Re: Ys X Nordics [Switch/PS4/P...
Last post by EOJ - November 09, 2023, 06:11:51 PM
I finished this recently, it took me about 31 hours. There is a lot of side quest content I skipped, but I really enjoyed the game and Karja is an awesome partner for Adol. There is also a really cool story teaser in the epilogue (hidden in a rune stone under the lighthouse) that tells of one of Adol's adventures several decades in the future. I wonder if that will be Ys XI?
Other Games / Re: The "what NON-Cave game(s)...
Last post by EOJ - October 30, 2023, 07:26:44 PM
I'm still playing through Ys X: Nordics on the PS5, but I took a break recently to complete Super Mario Wonder. I got 100% in the game except for the "final-final" level. I've played that many times but keep dying on the invisibility part at the end, which is just not any fun, so I think I'll give up and move on. The game is pretty great outside of that, though it only took me 8-10 hours to do everything, so I feel it is a bit light on content. After that I did a 100% clear of Super Mario 3D World on the Switch (except for finishing each stage with all 5 characters, because that would take me dozens of hours and be quite boring), which was fun.
CAVE Games / Re: The Joys of Aging
Last post by brentsg - October 28, 2023, 02:50:36 PM
I'll pop in at a whopping age of 54.

My age is one of the reasons that I don't play much.  I have compression in my neck that'll need surgery someday, so the muscles in the back of my neck start to spasm if I'm not careful during the day.  When I play things like Fromsoft games, I'll play at my desk is a crazy expensive chair with my monitor on an arm that allows a neutral position.  Naturally, playing PCBs in my cabs isn't conducive to this. 

It sucks for sure!  I'll need to get a list of my PCBs and kits together and get over the hump of letting some or all of them go.
High Scores - Competition Style / Re: World Record Scores - Home...
Last post by EOJ - October 23, 2023, 04:04:25 PM
New Pink Sweets Ver. 1.00 Kasumi WR, by Aquas:

16,250,900 - 1CC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TWEjXZkZWI
S
CAVE Games / Re: The Joys of Aging
Last post by Sandinista - October 03, 2023, 07:10:14 AM

Yeah , things get tougher around the mid forties , but im still here , in my 60's ,
Enjoying the games !