RQ: DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu Strategy Guide

Started by brumma, March 12, 2009, 10:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brumma

Would someone be willing to do a full write-up on the basics (scoring, gauges. etc.) as well as some basic tactics for scoring?  I've found bits and pieces scattered around in several threads here and on Shmups, but nothing really all inclusive.  Oh yeah... why oh why can't I seem to trigger the DOJ Boss on Level 1?  I've tried watching MrMonkeyMan's videos, but I can't seem to mimick it properly.  Maybe I just suck... 

EOJ

I may write something, but don't hold your breath. Too much other stuff I have to do these days.
As for the first Ura midboss, do the following:

1)Have a full hyper gauge before the first silo appears in the upper left
2)Destroy the first 2 silos on the left just as they appear (before the tank can run over them)
3)Collect all 3 bees
4)destroy the final two silos before the tanks run over them
5)Don't die or autobomb

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

brumma

Quote from: EOJ on March 12, 2009, 10:26:10 PM
I may write something, but don't hold your breath. Too much other stuff I have to do these days.
As for the first Ura midboss, do the following:

Yeah, I understand that other things take priority.  You do right the best guides though!  :righton:

Quote from: EOJ on March 12, 2009, 10:26:10 PM
1)Have a full hyper gauge before the first silo appears in the upper left

I think this was my problem--not getting the full hyper gauge quickly enough after using the hyper at the beginning of the level.  Actually managed to trigger all 3 levels, although I have no idea how I did the other two.

brumma

What about how to trigger the other hidden mid-bosses?  BTW, I found the maps of all of the bee locations.  However, they change when you reveal the hidden mid-bosses.  Are there any maps of these bee locations as well?

EOJ

To get the other hidden midbosses you just have to pick up ALL the bees in each stage and NOT die in any stage (you can die on the bosses). Once you die in a stage, you revert back to the normal midbosses. If you collect all the bees without dying for the next few stages, you can get the Ura mid to appear in Stage 5.
My score archive

EOJ

Forgot to mention: the bee locations don't "change" when you get the hidden midbosses. You just have 2 more added (right before, during, or right after the hidden midboss fight). The other 7 bees are in the same place they always are.
My score archive

erzane

I found a map with all bees (7 in normal stage & 9 in ura mode)

here is normal mode :
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Knight/1496/hatiomote.html

here is in ura mode :
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Knight/1496/hatiura.html

but one thing I would like to correct
after testingit  it 's not obligatory to take all 9 bees in each stages for having the midbosses
for example I taked only 7 bees in stage 3 but I meeted the midboss in stage4
second example , some times I collected only4 or 5 bees in stage 1 and I meeted the midboss in stage and 3 but no in stage4 if I dont collect enough in stage 3
so, I think there is a minimum bees to collect but I dont know how much, perhaps 5 is enough or seven
and another thing I would like to correct is that
it's not obligatory to have a full hyper gauge before taking the first bee
you must only destroy the first oil boil before tank run on it
the second one to
and the third one to (but perhaps the 2 first are enough)
collect the bbes or not is not necessary to have 1st midboss before having it
for the other midbosses its necessary of course
so, I m not the best player on dfk but since some month I play I succeeded to unlock 4 midobosses well

adverse

Having watched most of the DVD set now, I have to say that Dame K.K.'s Power A-type 889 bil run is almost equally impressive as SWY's Power C-type run.  The fact that 2-5 is even chainable with shitty A-type is amazing.  Especially the area after the first mid-boss and the sections with the tank(s) after the bit area are just nail-biting.  And then he has to beat Hibachi's last form on his last life with raw dodging.  Ughhh.   :righton: :righton:

I had hoped that A-type would have some sort of secret advantage compared to the other ship types, but it basically doesn't.  With options on the top of the ship, you have to guard constantly against getting hit from the sides.  If it has one advantage, the laser milking in 1-3 is easier because of the limited range of its shot.  Also, according to the guide that comes with the DVD, it has the highest combo increase when cancelling bullets compared to B and C type.

EOJ

I watched a dude at A-cho perfectly chain the first 5 stages with A-Power a few days ago, ending the first loop with about 400bil. Pretty awesome, and made me want to try using the A-type ship again!
My score archive

Kickin|wiNg

I was curious if anyone knew what triggers the Special Midbosses to start appearing on Stage 3, but not the first two levels?

I've had this happen a bunch of times, but I'm not sure what exactly causes it.

adverse

You can't die on either the stage 1 or 2 mid-boss, and you have to get all the bees in stages 1 and 2. 

Good luck, the stage 3 mid-boss is the key to kickstarting some good scores!

adverse

Met KAZ today, who will probably have the top score for Tsuujou C-Power next month in Arcadia.

He's a sick player.  Full chained every stage except for the very end of 2-4, and got about 680 billion.  Crazy though that SWY is 320 bil over that.  At least 150 is boss milking, but the rest...?  Insane.

KAZ also told me that the tsuujou loop is basically harder than the Ura loop if you take Hibachi out of Ura.  This has to do with how hypers are handled.  Basically if you can get 6 billion out of 2-1 and 2-2, you should be satisfied.  2-3 and up in both Ura and Tsuujou are money though.