Dale

http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/881

Choices

Dodonpachi:Fukkatsu
Arcana Heart3
Senko No Ronde Duo
Other

EOJ

You should mention that was just made on their forums by a random poster, and is not an actual poll by Aksys asking their fans what game they should localize next. In other words, its not comparable to the polls Cave has taken to gauge consumer interest in what they should port next.

Thread title updated for accuracy.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Dale

Hive

Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

EOJ

Senko DUO will never see the light of day outside Japan. The first one sold horrendously in the USA.

The other two probably will be localized, at some point.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

gsl

Senko is a rough game anyways--you've got the niche appeal of a shooter with the gameplay of a fighter, including the biggest downside: it's really no fun if you don't have a second person to play against.  Maybe I'm just horribly out of touch and this isn't an issue for everyone else, but I don't have a Live Gold membership (not that I'm really into playing against random people online anyways) so there really isn't much reason for me to get deep into it.  I'd love Senko Duo, but yeah, the odds are really really against it.

Did we ever get Arcana Heart 2 in the states?

Fan poll or no, I figured I'd go register and cast my vote.  Who knows, Aksys may check their forums for indicators on what their followers will buy.  If not, I think I'm out the investment of all of 5 minutes of my free time.

Kiken

Quote from: gsl on September 17, 2010, 10:16:35 PM
Senko is a rough game anyways--you've got the niche appeal of a shooter with the gameplay of a fighter, including the biggest downside: it's really no fun if you don't have a second person to play against.  Maybe I'm just horribly out of touch and this isn't an issue for everyone else, but I don't have a Live Gold membership (not that I'm really into playing against random people online anyways) so there really isn't much reason for me to get deep into it.  I'd love Senko Duo, but yeah, the odds are really really against it.

Did we ever get Arcana Heart 2 in the states?

Senko's Western release problems were many... but at least the game saw a localization, thus creating a Western fan-base (even if it is small).  Part 2 has a shit-tonne of text, thanks to the Story Mode, which is also voiced... so that would be quite an undertaking to localize.

As for Arcana Heart 2... the Japanese PS2 version was a horrid abortion of a release that nobody wanted.  It was only for the best that it never got a localization.