Ketsui EX [JP X360] - April 22, 2010 release date confirmed

Started by EOJ, November 14, 2008, 06:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarCreator

This was posted to that other thread:

Quote from: EOJ on February 27, 2010, 04:59:45 AM
You won't say that when you play Ketsui. Recent impressions say it's a great port.

DDPDOJBLEX is solid too. The menus are glitchy and the loads suck, but once you start the actual Black Label game it's almost like playing the PCB. Slowdown is spot on, more than I can say for Espgaluda II!

EOJ

New Mihara blog post. He says the menu system in Ketsui is completely different from DDPDOJBLEX. Looks like we won't have to wade through horrible glitchy menus this time.

He also says he had no part in the development or programming of the Ketsui port. He simply helped with aspects of the release, and in general cooperated with 5pb if they had any questions. Nothing more.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Monouchi

Quote from: EOJ on March 01, 2010, 05:02:16 AM
New Mihara blog post. He says the menu system in Ketsui is completely different from DDPDOJBLEX. Looks like we won't have to wade through horrible glitchy menus this time.

He also says he had no part in the development or programming of the Ketsui port. He simply helped with aspects of the release, and in general cooperated with 5pb if they had any questions. Nothing more.

Thanks EOJ for the info.  :)
Especially about the menu system, that was one of my biggest concerns. (Now when people say that the actual gameplay seems ok.)

EOJ

A good look at how the game looks on an HD screen (I like how it still displays "INSERT COIN" in the upper right!):

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20100301_352001.html
My score archive

emphatic

Awesome. I'm liking that "no photos" sign to the bottom right.   :laugh:

That does indeed look marvelous. I wonder how good those Eizo screens are for gaming... 

Elixir

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/img/gmw/docs/352/001/37.jpg

This is what it looks like in yoko.. eww. I can't recommend this to people without a CRT monitor of some sort.

StarCreator

If it's anything like DOJBLEX it should be a bit more tolerable once you turn off smoothing.  That screen actually doesn't look like it would be all that bad in motion.

Definitely better than some of the XBLA games that use 2xSaI...

lam47

StarCreator

Looks like a Hori Tekken 6 wireless stick, minus the Tekken.

dcharlie

i like that there's a wet tissue dispenser in the picture for excited Ketsui fans to clean up after themselves ! ;)

purpbullets

Quote from: lam47 on March 02, 2010, 08:09:41 PM
What stick does he have there?

there is a diagram in front of it, i would say its not out.

ketsui stick?

Elixir

It's the new wireless hori stick. Comes out in late April for 8,110 yen. Judging by that price it's probably all Hori parts. The vX is going to have full Sanwa parts.

StarCreator

Quote from: Elixir on March 03, 2010, 02:34:56 AM
It's the new wireless hori stick. Comes out in late April for 8,110 yen. Judging by that price it's probably all Hori parts. The vX is going to have full Sanwa parts.

That's 8,109 yen too many.

lam47

The stick there looks like a JLF to me. I have not seen a Hori with a shaft cover. The buttons are probably Hori crap though.
I do like the look of the case. It may at least be modable.

daiisuki

Quote from: lam47 on March 02, 2010, 08:09:41 PM
What stick does he have there?

The stick used on the picture has the same parts as the tekken6 wireless one. It's 100% hori parts and it's really as crappy as all Hori fightstick with original parts !!

I've received 2 days ago from Play-Asia the HRAP SA V3 for Playstation 3 and have modded it to XBOX360 once the package was opened  :laugh: :laugh:

It's full sanwa parts. The XBOX360 version will come out soon judging by the last pictures from the shooting festa

source : http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/02/28/x360_shooting_festa_playtests

StarCreator

Quote from: lam47 on March 03, 2010, 09:15:51 AM
The stick there looks like a JLF to me. I have not seen a Hori with a shaft cover. The buttons are probably Hori crap though.
Tekken 6 sticks use a shaft cover.

Also, you'd have to have the power to warp time and space (okay, maybe just space) to fit a JLF in a casing that shallow.

krokounleashed

The VX is the smaller version of the VLX, right? Because i don't like the VLX, but the one on the pictures look good.

EOJ

My score archive

lam47

Quote from: StarCreator on March 03, 2010, 07:45:40 PM
Quote from: lam47 on March 03, 2010, 09:15:51 AM
Tekken 6 sticks use a shaft cover.

Also, you'd have to have the power to warp time and space (okay, maybe just space) to fit a JLF in a casing that shallow.

Oh yeah the tekken one did didn't it.
I can fit a JLF in a Namco I can get one in that :)

Hive

Quote from: EOJ on March 04, 2010, 05:21:42 PM
The port looks really solid.  :righton:

it's really encouraging to hear coming from you (and others close to the Cave scene!).  :righton:
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

brokenhalo

Quote from: emphatic on March 02, 2010, 06:09:26 AM
Awesome. I'm liking that "no photos" sign to the bottom right.   :laugh:

That does indeed look marvelous. I wonder how good those Eizo screens are for gaming... 

i would hope the answer is "f***ing amazing", considering the $2600+ price tag  :o

EOJ

Quote from: Hive on March 04, 2010, 05:34:09 PM

it's really encouraging to hear coming from you (and others close to the Cave scene!).  :righton:

Well, it's just from 30 seconds of footage. Hardly definitive. And I did notice there is zero slowdown in the video, even though they show some spots that are supposed to have slowdown in stage 5. Hopefully there is a wait on/off option like DOJBLEX.
My score archive

adverse

Quote from: EOJ on March 04, 2010, 08:00:04 PM
Quote from: Hive on March 04, 2010, 05:34:09 PM

Well, it's just from 30 seconds of footage. Hardly definitive. And I did notice there is zero slowdown in the video, even though they show some spots that are supposed to have slowdown in stage 5. Hopefully there is a wait on/off option like DOJBLEX.

Yeah I like how they're basically advertising an inaccuracy of the port with the big plane in stage 5 when the guy bombs out due to no slowdown.   :laugh:

EOJ

I remember with the Ikaruga GC port Treasure purposely removed all the slowdown, they said this made it 'better' than the original. When the slowdown isn't integral to the gameplay (like in Futari and Galuda 2), then developers seem to think its removal is an improvement. Most of Ketsui's slowdown, at least in the first loop, seems pretty unnecessary to me (some of it is even a bit annoying, because it's choppy rather than smooth). I imagine the second loop would be a nightmare without it, though. Let's wait and see if it's in there.
My score archive

JAPJAC

Quote from: EOJ
Most of Ketsui's slowdown, at least in the first loop, seems pretty unnecessary to me (some of it is even a bit annoying, because it's choppy rather than smooth).

I agree with this 100% and have been saying the same since this title was first announced.  EOJ knows the score.

Quote from: adverse
Yeah I like how they're basically advertising an inaccuracy of the port with the big plane in stage 5 when the guy bombs out due to no slowdown.    

True.  I DO SEE plenty of slowdown in the trailor though and what I do see is inaccurate already.  There may be trouble ahead...  

I also noticed that when the mid-level guardian boat thing goes `spastic` the time it takes to kill it is much much shorter.  This is totally inaccurate or could be from an easy mode.  I`m just fretting.

I will know for sure on the 20th/21st of April and shall be live tweeting impressions and making youtube videos.  Shooting Fest coverage in English was a disaster/disgrace so I will try my best to share the very instant I have it.

To me Cave are as useless in converting their games as 5pb. might be with Ketsui so that isn`t worrying me.  M2 would of been blinding but beggers can`t be choosers.

This conversion is obviously finished so there is no point worrying until then.

Cheers.

zakk

Quote from: JAPJAC on March 04, 2010, 10:11:08 PM
I also noticed that when the mid-level guardian boat thing goes `spastic` the time it takes to kill it is much much shorter.  This is totally inaccurate or could be from an easy mode.  I`m just fretting.

It's about 4 seconds, which is around the correct amount of time for that way of handling the midboss. (assuming we're talking about the same part, the blue/pink spiral shot just before the 1up?)

emphatic

Does the Battleship really have that life bar on the PCB?

zakk

Plasmo