Ketsui EX [JP X360] - April 22, 2010 release date confirmed

Started by EOJ, November 14, 2008, 06:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcass

Quote from: StarCreator on March 15, 2010, 10:41:59 PM
My order at NCS stands.  And the soundtracks (which from what we're heard are the arrange soundtracks and not the cop-out we got with Espgaluda II, right?) are definitely worth the extra cost.

How do you know?  You haven't heard the arrange versions yet.  They might be rubbish.

StarCreator

Quote from: bcass on March 16, 2010, 07:40:42 AM
Quote from: StarCreator on March 15, 2010, 10:41:59 PM
My order at NCS stands.  And the soundtracks (which from what we're heard are the arrange soundtracks and not the cop-out we got with Espgaluda II, right?) are definitely worth the extra cost.

How do you know?  You haven't heard the arrange versions yet.  They might be rubbish.

We've heard half of it (DOJBLEX's arrange), and that alone is worth the price of admission.

bcass

Oh, I see.  I didn't realise it had the DOJBLEX arrange on it too.  Yeah, some of those tracks are pretty decent.

SuperPang

The AST is the best thing about the game. Third and fourth levels especially.

Elixir

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10048007

Arcade vs. Xbox Ketsui comparison with IKD

I didn't bother watching all of it though. 360 version runs faster?

purpbullets

it looked a tad bit faster.

funny when they showed the link to the blog, and then filled with screen with "I.K.D."

bcass

The trouble is, slowdown would occur slightly differently if you did something slightly different each time, wouldn't it?

A better test would have been to connect 1 joystick to both versions and do a full play-through.

dmauro

Quote from: bcass on March 16, 2010, 09:58:26 AM
The trouble is, slowdown would occur slightly differently if you did something slightly different each time, wouldn't it?

A better test would have been to connect 1 joystick to both versions and do a full play-through.
As soon as the slowdown occurs once, the games are no longer in sync.

bcass

That's my point.  If the two players are not doing exactly the same thing at the same time, then the slowdown may differ between each.  Slowdown isn't an absolute constant - it varies depending on all sorts of variables.  If you put two PCBs next to each other and the players do something slightly diferent on each, then they would probably go out of sync too.

EOJ

If you do the same basic pattern, the same slowdown will be there on any Ketsui PCB. It's not in the 360 version (where the guy did the same pattern as done in the PCB), so it's obviously not accurate in that regard.

However, after watching the vid, it seems to be a really minor difference in the first stage. This is nothing like the inaccuracy of Stage 3 or 4 in the Futari port, both which have LOADS more slowdown than the PCB. It's also not as bad as the lack of slowdown seen in the Espgaluda 2 port in Stage 3. I'd like to see Stage 5, and some parts of the second loop, where the slowdown really matters.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

HVL

Modified my preorder and will be getting the LE after all. It's pretty pricy but easily justified when you consider the PCB prices. I'm an expert in cheating myself. :laugh:

dmauro

Quote from: bcass on March 16, 2010, 12:09:09 PM
That's my point.  If the two players are not doing exactly the same thing at the same time, then the slowdown may differ between each.  Slowdown isn't an absolute constant - it varies depending on all sorts of variables.  If you put two PCBs next to each other and the players do something slightly diferent on each, then they would probably go out of sync too.
No, but I mean the port will surely not be perfect so as soon as the slowdown differs you'll have input not matching up to what's going on on screen so for one of them the input wouldn't match what the player needs to be doing and he might get killed or something.

Better to have a veteran player do the exact same run through both versions.

GaijinPunch

I'm not fellin' this port.  Yes, I have the full kit, but I have the Futari & Galuda II kits as well.    I'll buy it, but I hardly have the proverbial boner.

EOJ

Quote from: GaijinPunch on March 17, 2010, 02:53:34 AM
I'm not fellin' this port.  

You only seem to play the arrange modes on the ports. ;) I don't blame ya, when you have the PCBs sitting there there's not much point in playing the ports, except for training mode perhaps.

My score archive

Monouchi

I am really pumped for this port as I love Ketsui.
I also love the other ports cos it gives me the chance to play the CAVE shooters.

The port I love most is Futari BL, I have Esp2 but goes back quite often to try to score in Futari BL.

The thing that is happening now is that I am starting to look for a Cab (Egret 2 is nice.) that I can have in my new house that will have some nice CAVE PCB.  :)
The dream would be a Futari BL PCB.

EOJ

My dream is also to have a cab some day soon. I think I'd be happy with just a Muchi Muchi Pork PCB in it.  :righton:
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on March 17, 2010, 03:38:17 AM

You only seem to play the arrange modes on the ports. ;) I don't blame ya, when you have the PCBs sitting there there's not much point in playing the ports, except for training mode perhaps.
True dat, but I really have played the shit out of ESPGaluda II.  I don't see me improving (or even getting close to) my arcade score so I'd rather just dick around w/ the extras.  That having been said, I really wish Yagawa's mode was really challenging, and actually more of a Yagawa medalling game.  Omake mode, Novice, and BL are all easy enough. 

On a similar note I played tons of Futari BL...enough that I didn't want to play 1.5 any more, and arrange got pretty lame pretty fast.  A fun way to spend a few weeks, but good enough for me.

Guwange though, I've only cleared once, and it was fluke-ish (even though I'll take it!).  That one I'll get into.

EOJ

There will be two places where you can try out the Ketsui port this weekend in Japan:

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/247/247322/

3/20 is at Messe Sanoh in Akihabara, while 3/21 you can play it in Osaka at the Sofmap in Nihonbashi.
My score archive

Jockel

Monouchi

Quote from: JAPJAC on March 21, 2010, 07:32:01 AM
Some pics here:

http://www.japjac.proboards.com/

You have to log in to see the pics...
Or did you mean the pics in the movie?

Jockel

No, because cool people force you to sign up to a forum you'd never visit in order to see some pics they shot.  :righton:

emphatic

Quote from: Jockel on March 21, 2010, 11:05:35 AM
No, because cool people force you to sign up to a forum you'd never visit in order to see some pics they shot.  :righton:

"Cool".

Jockel

Oh did your sarcasm detector pick up my sarcasm just now?  =D

StarCreator

Yeah, uhh, I'll just wait for the game to come out.

brentsg

Meh, it's not worth it.  The port will be out soon enough.

EOJ

If you're going to be a douche, JAPJAC, then "hit the road, Jack. And doncha' come back no more, no more, no more, no more. Hit the road, Jack, and doncha' come back no more."

Some impressions of the trial version from guys on 2Ch:

-Seems to have been the final retail disc, as achievements were being unlocked as they played.
-Transitions between stages are seamless, no "now loading" sign as appears in the Daioujou BL port
-All loads are really quick or completely seamless, as is saving.
-In regard to options, you can turn bomb on/off and select any stage you like in both Ura and Tsuujou Loops.
-Doesn't seem to be any detailed training mode other than the aforementioned stage select.
-Don't seem to be any video options above those in the Daioujou BL port.
-Arrange soundtrack sounds similar to the Daioujou BL arrange tracks.
-Overall the game retains the feel of the Arcade original, but once in awhile a section feels a bit off. Very similar to the Futari 1.5 port in this regard. Quite a few guys said "it's the same level of accuracy as the Futari 1.5 port".
-Game feels a little sped up at times, but also smoother than the Arcade original due to this. One guy seemed to like this.
-One guy said after playing the X360 port he went and played the PCB at an arcade and it felt "quite sluggish" in comparison.
-One guy says the lockshot feels like it activates a bit too late in some spots, but he says "it might just have been my imagination".

That's all I've been able to find thus far. Here's the 2Ch thread where I got all this:
http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/44689/1268170298/
My score archive

HVL

Cool beans. Thanks for keeping us updated on stuff like this.

Sounds like it'll be a solid port. :righton:

EOJ

Some info on x-mode here:

http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/44689/1268170298/368

Translation/Summary:
-Feels like a chaining game
-Suicide bullets are basically the same level as in the Tsuujou loop
-Kill a red-hued enemy, then keep destroying enemies until your time runs out. All the bullets they emit turn into chips as long as your timer keeps running
-Timer goes down much slower than in Ketsui, allowing you to chain levels
My score archive