Ketsui EX [JP X360] - April 22, 2010 release date confirmed

Started by EOJ, November 14, 2008, 06:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emphatic

Wow, this does sound incredible. If these reports are any measure of what the patch for DOJ-BLEX could mean as far as loading times goes, I'd be extremely happy. Loading between stages are on par with having to sign up for a forum just to look at "photos".

necpmf

When you bullet-cancel in x-mode I'm assuming the cancelled bullet chips are dependent on your distance (evidenced by the trailer posted earlier). So basically you want to let enemies live as long as possible (and thus shoot more bullets), kill them at point blank, all while still maintaining your chain? Sounds like a pretty damn fun mode with some serious skill involved for scoring and yet plenty of leniency for survival/newbies. Sounds like a 3-way fusion of Espgaluda+Dodonpachi+Ketsui.

If the arrange soundtrack sounds like the BLEX one that's good news since I liked the BLEX one a lot.

dmauro

Quote from: EOJ on March 21, 2010, 05:04:00 PM-Don't seem to be any video options above those in the Daioujou BL port.
:(
Let's hope the smoothing off option actually helps this time around.

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

oldzkool

Quote from: EOJ on March 21, 2010, 05:04:00 PM
If you're going to be a douche, JAPJAC, then "hit the road, Jack. And doncha' come back no more, no more, no more, no more. Hit the road, Jack, and doncha' come back no more."

Some impressions of the trial version from guys on 2Ch:

-Seems to have been the final retail disc, as achievements were being unlocked as they played.
-Transitions between stages are seamless, no "now loading" sign as appears in the Daioujou BL port
-All loads are really quick or completely seamless, as is saving.
-In regard to options, you can turn bomb on/off and select any stage you like in both Ura and Tsuujou Loops.
-Doesn't seem to be any detailed training mode other than the aforementioned stage select.
-Don't seem to be any video options above those in the Daioujou BL port.
-Arrange soundtrack sounds similar to the Daioujou BL arrange tracks.
-Overall the game retains the feel of the Arcade original, but once in awhile a section feels a bit off. Very similar to the Futari 1.5 port in this regard. Quite a few guys said "it's the same level of accuracy as the Futari 1.5 port".
-Game feels a little sped up at times, but also smoother than the Arcade original due to this. One guy seemed to like this.
-One guy said after playing the X360 port he went and played the PCB at an arcade and it felt "quite sluggish" in comparison.
-One guy says the lockshot feels like it activates a bit too late in some spots, but he says "it might just have been my imagination".

That's all I've been able to find thus far. Here's the 2Ch thread where I got all this:
http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/44689/1268170298/

Does this mean that it will look shit on a 50" plasma?

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

Have you played Deathsmiles Arcade mode or Espgaluda 2 Arcade mode on a 50" Plasma? It'll have the same video quality.
My score archive

oldzkool

Quote from: EOJ on March 21, 2010, 10:58:51 PM
Have you played Deathsmiles Arcade mode or Espgaluda 2 Arcade mode on a 50" Plasma? It'll have the same video quality.

Yes I have  :'(

dmauro

Quote from: EOJ on March 21, 2010, 10:58:51 PM
But Deathsmiles and ESPGaluda 2 have decent arcade modes. DOJBLEX has awful filters that can't be turned off.

EOJ

Really? What filters? Smoothing is off and that's the only filter I'm aware of for the game. It's just a 240p signal upscaled to 480~720p. Same as Deathsmiles or Espgaluda 2 Arcade modes. All 3 games look the same in that regard on my LCD in 720p. Of course the SH3 games have more detail and animation than the PGM games, but that's because the source hardware was better.

My score archive

EOJ

Pics from the display over the weekend from someone who isn't a douchebag:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/stghajimemasita/archives/1445376.html#more

Also lots of impressions there. I don't have time to translate right now, but maybe later.
My score archive

neomoe

EOJ

Looks like they were free for the taking. One of the perks of living in Japan.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on March 23, 2010, 10:11:20 PM
Pics from the display over the weekend from someone who isn't a douchebag:

QQQ

Shit... I just realized this is getting released now. O_o
I really gotta wake up one of these days.

adverse

Game got a 8,7,7,6 in Famitsu 360 this month.

The 6 complained about the low-res graphics and the clunky interface.   :-\

Elixir

Quote from: adverse on March 29, 2010, 09:44:47 PM

The 6 complained about the low-res graphics and the clunky interface.   :-\

Can you take a pic of the review summary?

EOJ

Quote from: adverse on March 29, 2010, 09:44:47 PM

The same exact review Famitsu gave DDPDOJBLEX.

My score archive

bcass

Was it not the case that the DDPDOJBLEX scores had nothing to do with port accuracy and everything to do with their perceived quality of the actual game/front-end?  Personally, I don't care how flakey the front-end is this time round so long as the loading times are absent (which they are according to Mihara's blog posts).

HVL

Any idea will the LE come in a slipcase or something instead of the usual plastic box?

EOJ

A detailed report on X-mode, with lots of vids (stage 1, 3, 5, stage 5 boss)

http://blog.livedoor.jp/stghajimemasita/archives/1460675.html

Looks really nice. Also, a pic of the display options screen:

My score archive

necpmf

Wow. X mode looks REALLY fun. Doom is easier but still looks fairly rough, wish he made it to the final pattern.

Thanks for the link.

Kewing

Nice. It should be interesting with the bullet cancelling and all. They also seem to have made some small variations to bullet patterns here and there.
Also, the music sounds outstanding from the little bits you can make out. It's still a bit early but it may well be one of the best arranges so far.

lmagus

I haven't been this excited for a game since... Futari =P

dmauro

Quote from: lmagus on April 13, 2010, 09:40:15 AM
I haven't been this excited for a game since... Futari =P
I haven't been this excited for a game since... a few years ago the first time it was supposed to release! :)

Kiken

Quote from: Kewing on April 12, 2010, 05:18:05 PM
Nice. It should be interesting with the bullet cancelling and all. They also seem to have made some small variations to bullet patterns here and there.
Also, the music sounds outstanding from the little bits you can make out. It's still a bit early but it may well be one of the best arranges so far.

If there's one thing that 5pb are consistantly good at, it's music.