Ketsui EX [JP X360] - April 22, 2010 release date confirmed

Started by EOJ, November 14, 2008, 06:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kewing

Quote from: Kiken on April 13, 2010, 02:06:17 PM
Quote from: Kewing on April 12, 2010, 05:18:05 PM
Nice. It should be interesting with the bullet cancelling and all. They also seem to have made some small variations to bullet patterns here and there.
Also, the music sounds outstanding from the little bits you can make out. It's still a bit early but it may well be one of the best arranges so far.

If there's one thing that 5pb are consistantly good at, it's music.

Looking at DOJ EXTRA, I think it's quite probable it's being handled by Basiscape as well. But, no matter who it is in charge, it's sounding great so far.

HVL

Agreed, the music is bitching. It would be cool if you could use the arranged music in the arcade mode too, but it's extremely unlikely.

Jockel

Quote from: HVL on April 13, 2010, 03:49:06 PM
Agreed, the music is bitching. It would be cool if you could use the arranged music in the arcade mode too, but it's extremely unlikely.
???

Was possible in DOJ BLEX, why shouldn't it be possible this time around?

emphatic

EOJ

A new gameplay vid from 5pb:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1234032_1124.html

It shows stages 1 & 2, Tsuujou loop stage 3, and Ura loop stage 5. I noticed some slowdown in Tsuujou stage 3 (which is nice to see!), but I didn't see any in Ura stage 5 (which is a little worrisome).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

emphatic

Quote from: EOJ on April 14, 2010, 02:51:09 PM
A new gameplay vid from 5pb:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1234032_1124.html

It shows stages 1 & 2, Tsuujou loop stage 3, and Ura loop stage 5. I noticed some slowdown in Tsuujou stage 3 (which is nice to see!), but I didn't see any in Ura stage 5 (which is a little worrisome).

Is it just me, or are there bullets missing from the first boss? I'm talking about the "arrows" that shoot straight down from the extenders on the sides of the boss' nose once you've taken out the turrets that sit at the outside of them. At first I thought that the resolution had me fooled, but the ship sits right below them without shooting and doesn't get killed. Also, something feels "off" about the suicide bullets in the second loop, but I've never played it myself, so it's just a feeling.

necpmf

HVL

Quote from: Jockel on April 13, 2010, 05:01:24 PM
Quote from: HVL on April 13, 2010, 03:49:06 PM
???

Was possible in DOJ BLEX, why shouldn't it be possible this time around?

It was? If so, it'll be awesome. Never bought DOJBLEX because I don't really care for pre-DFK 'Pachis and the port isn't exactly the epitome of user-friendliness with regards to menus, loading times etc.

emphatic

Quote from: necpmf on April 14, 2010, 04:25:32 PM
Eh? They're there. He's on the outside of them.

You are correct. I should really only watch clips like these when I am wide awake.

lam47

I hope the lock on sound can be adjusted. It seems rather unnecessarily loud!

necpmf

Quote from: lam47 on April 16, 2010, 08:48:10 AM

HERESY

emphatic

Quote from: necpmf on April 16, 2010, 11:12:28 AM

HERESY

Would be cool if there was a toggle for the old (pre-bug fix rom) lock sound though. :D

Kiken

Quote from: emphatic on April 16, 2010, 12:05:08 PM

HERESY

Would be cool if there was a toggle for the old (pre-bug fix rom) lock sound though. :D

I'm going to miss hearing the coin-insert noise everytime the lock-shot is performed.

Jockel

Quote from: emphatic on April 16, 2010, 12:05:08 PM

HERESY

There was a difference between the lock on sounds? i just know the old one  ???

EOJ

There's a minor difference, but honestly I can't tell you which is which (even though I've played on PCBs with both somewhat extensively). It's certainly nothing to fuss about.
My score archive

emphatic

Plasmo

Agreed, looks much better than those youtube videos now. I really like the idea of chaining for a longer period of time in Ketsui. Never liked these short 5secs chains in the original.

Icarus

Quote from: Plasmo on April 18, 2010, 04:37:42 AMNever liked these short 5secs chains in the original.

Really? I'm preferring the original chaining duration compared to what I'm seeing with X-Mode at the moment - with the original, you're forced to spend more time playing aggressively in order to score well, and you have to keep dancing through fire to maintain your chain, while with X-Mode, it seems you can just tag an enemy to start a 5-chip chain off, then sit back for a while and rake in the chips.

Also, too much bullet-cancelling from what I can see.

That's what I love about Ketsui - the emphasis on aggression, and how exhilirating it is to fly through an entire stage on a near continuous 5-chip scoring run.

emphatic

Quote from: Icarus on April 18, 2010, 05:41:05 PMThat's what I love about Ketsui - the emphasis on aggression, and how exhilirating it is to fly through an entire stage on a near continuous 5-chip scoring run.

I agree on this, but I also like how the X Mode might play completely different while still being Ketsui at heart. Like how Omake! plays almost nothing like regular ESPGALUDA II.

EOJ

New vid on Famitsu of two Japanese guys credit-feeding through Stage 3 in X-mode:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1234112_1124.html

Yes folks, it's true, the Japanese credit-feed these games just like Westerners do.
My score archive

emphatic

Quote from: EOJ on April 19, 2010, 05:09:15 PM
New vid on Famitsu of two Japanese guys credit-feeding through Stage 3 in X-mode:

Yes folks, it's true, the Japanese credit-feed these games just like Westerners do.

Wow, that was on par with watching that screaming chick from the Play Vs. Play videos. What's wrong with their voices? :P Also, do you only get one life in X Mode?

EOJ

Yeah, not sure. They certainly only have one life in the vid, but maybe they messed with the settings?
My score archive

EOJ

Apparently Mihara has posted a vid that covers from stage 1-5 to the Stage 2-1 midboss here:

http://mihara.sub.jp/top/blog/sb203/log/eid10591.html

However, I have not been able to access his blog for the past week. I keep getting a "403 Forbidden" error. Has he blocked all IP addresses outside of Japan or something?
My score archive

lmagus

I could access the page through a proxy, but not watch the video. it says "Invalid Parameter (channelId/videoId)"

emphatic

Quote from: EOJ on April 19, 2010, 05:45:55 PM
Apparently Mihara has posted a vid that covers from stage 1-5 to the Stage 2-1 midboss here:

http://mihara.sub.jp/top/blog/sb203/log/eid10591.html

However, I have not been able to access his blog for the past week. I keep getting a "403 Forbidden" error. Has he blocked all IP addresses outside of Japan or something?

Sorta looks like it. I can't access either. Did a "hack" though by going through Google.jp->translation:
http://translate.google.co.jp/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmihara.sub.jp%2Ftop%2Fblog%2Fsb203%2Flog%2Feid10591.html&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Edit: I could watch the video using my link above.

Kiken

Quote from: EOJ on April 19, 2010, 05:09:15 PM

Stages 1 and 2 from the same "replay" are currently available on the Japanese XBL Marketplace for download.

adverse

Impressions after playing the point:

1. Load time is insignificant.
2. Arcade mode seems mostly accurate for the first loop.  Only one place I felt like there was slowdown missing is the fan-like attack on the second form of the 4th boss.
3. X-mode is pretty fun. Some of the red bullet-cancelling enemy placements seem a little odd to me.
4. There are a bunch of overall pick-up style achievements (53,356 5-chips etc.).  Certainly easy to be had for grinders, like BLEX.
5. Overall it's obvious that this is what 5pb wanted to do with BLEX from the outset, but couldn't do.  If the DOJ BL patch is this good, I'll forgive them.

dcharlie

thanks for the impressions Adverse.

And still hoping the BLEX batch is still alive!

Monouchi

ex.machina over at shmups told me the menus will follow in Tate!  =D :righton:
(My neck didnt like the Blex menus that stayed in Yoko..)

HVL

Shot of the LE box. Looking pretty cool.

Also, lock confirmed as if it wasn't clear from the start.