Ketsui EX [JP X360] - April 22, 2010 release date confirmed

Started by EOJ, November 14, 2008, 06:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPang

Quote from: EOJ on February 05, 2010, 02:05:51 PM
Ah, so they're finally reprinting the arcade art set.
Well thats fucking annoying. Wasn't easy or cheap sourcing a mint set. Fair enough for the newer games. If they reprint DOJ BL I think I'll kill myself.

moozooh

Quote from: Geeb on February 07, 2010, 04:25:20 AM
Quote from: bcass on February 05, 2010, 10:57:36 AM
No.  The problem was an issue with the reverse-scrolling backgrounds.
why is that a "no", that should be a "yes"
It was a "no" because you were wrong.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

Play-asia has just jumped on the April 22nd bandwagon, and updated their Ketsui EX page with that info.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Kiel

Quote from: KOMA on February 05, 2010, 02:03:28 PM
The Ketsui hat is cool but please if any of you have access to the online shop,drop me a PM for this:
http://www.cave-shop.jp/item/4598.html
I'll buy you the guwange Chopsticks for your RAMEN! :.p

I could totally go for that as well.

JAPJAC

No change in today`s Weekly Famitsu.

Ketsui X360 - 2010 TBA.

StarCreator

It was mentioned over at shmups that Ketsui LE is listed at Play-Asia now.  (Affiliate link removed.)

Looks like we're back to the norm of NCS being cheaper than Play-Asia for those stateside.  Don't know what the hell happened with ESPGALUDA II.

EOJ

New blog post from Mihara. He says to read the Weekly Famitsu every week from now on. They'll be posting the latest updates about the port progress in there, apparently in an on-going column.
My score archive

JAPJAC

I don't know who 'Mihara' is but that is good news as the more coverage it gets, the more pressure there will be and the less likely it is that it will turn out to be shite.

Thank you EOJ.

Cheers.

RagingAvatar

Likelihood of this being region free? Nill? I had to pass on Espgaluda II - that made me sad - but this is what I've really been looking for..

JOW

Quote from: RagingAvatar on February 11, 2010, 05:14:09 AM
Likelihood of this being region free? Nill?
...if it's region free I'll eat my J360

NR777

Quote from: JAPJAC on February 11, 2010, 04:29:12 AM
I don't know who 'Mihara' is but that is good news as the more coverage it gets, the more pressure there will be and the less likely it is that it will turn out to be shite.

Thank you EOJ.

Cheers.

Mihara works for Arika, and oversaw the excellent DDP:DOJ and ESPGaluda PS2 ports.

EOJ

Quote from: RagingAvatar on February 11, 2010, 05:14:09 AM
Likelihood of this being region free? Nill?

Close to zero chance, just like every other exclusive JP X360 game (except Futari, which was simply an experiment). Please stop asking this question in threads like this, there's no point to asking it. If it happens to be region free it would be such big news that everyone would be talking about it.
My score archive

Dale

Quote from: NR777 on February 11, 2010, 12:36:42 PM
Quote from: JAPJAC on February 11, 2010, 04:29:12 AM

Thank you EOJ.

Cheers.

Mihara works for Arika, and oversaw the excellent DDP:DOJ and ESPGaluda PS2 ports.

Did he help develop any thing at Cave? Sorry I'm a nub when it comes to Cave's employment records and such. 

necpmf

No, but I think it's safe to say he wishes he did.

EOJ

He's an ex-Capcom employee who programmed the original Mega Man.  :righton: Now he's vice-president of Arika.
My score archive

rtw

Quote from: EOJ on February 12, 2010, 04:14:24 PM
He's an ex-Capcom employee who programmed the original Mega Man.  :righton: Now he's vice-president of Arika.

And he is extremely dedicated!
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

Dale

Quote from: rtw on February 12, 2010, 04:30:44 PM
Quote from: EOJ on February 12, 2010, 04:14:24 PM

And he is extremely dedicated!

And racist for some reason.

EOJ

Pics of the inside of 5pb's new office building (they moved in last September). This is where the magic happens!

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/50888714.html
My score archive

Hive

Quote from: EOJ on February 12, 2010, 07:06:55 PM
Pics of the inside of 5pb's new office building (they moved in last September). This is where the magic happens!

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/50888714.html

cool. Hope the new environment stimulates their conversion process.
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

brentsg

I clicked thinking I was going to see that they moved to a new location with improved security.

adverse

EOJ

Someone from 5pb is having fun with these leaks.  :laugh:
My score archive

JAPJAC

Just to confirm, the information at the time of writing is that Ketsui for the Jap X360 will come in 3 flavours?:

Normal Edition 1st print with the game and a book*.
Limited Edition print with the game, a book* and a music CD.
Normal Edition print with the game and without a book.

No Ketsui joystick for the Jap X360 has been announced.

*The books will be identical?
There will be two different covers?  One for the Normal Edition 1st print/Normal Edition print and one for the Limited Edition print?

Cheers. 

Jockel

brentsg

They'd be stupid not to do a joystick.  A Hori Ketsui stick with Seimitsu parts would sell very well.

EOJ

They've finished the game and submitted the Master Ver, according to Shikura Chiyomaru, who is the founder and Executive director of 5pb:

http://twitter.com/chiyomaru5pb/status/9048032496

He says it's been approved by Cave and Microsoft. The game's official release date will be announced in the Weekly Famitsu that comes out on the 18th.
He says he can't give details about the quality of the port (due to the space limitations of Tweets), but he thinks it's at a level where we'll all be satisfied.

Thanks to newStage for the info.
My score archive

Hive

wow, okay NOW I'm pumped  :o
(for that issues' Famitsu. lol)
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

EOJ

I wonder if the actual release date will be EARLIER than April 22nd.  
My score archive

Monouchi

Quote from: EOJ on February 13, 2010, 05:01:01 PM
I wonder if the actual release date will be EARLIER than April 22nd.  

Maybe.
Submitted Master ver + its approved by Cave and MS, then a month to print and ship, if they hurried a little it could easily come out a month earlier.

JAPJAC

It all sounds blinding.

Thank you EOJ for the update.

Like I've said all along, if it ain't printed in Weekly Famitsu, it don't mean bollox.

Can't wait for Wednesday's edition.

Cheers.