Main Menu

Site updates

Started by EOJ, January 17, 2011, 11:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

I just paid for 3 more years of web hosting.  :righton: It was more than three times the price since I last paid, three years ago.  :o Oh well!

Anyway, not many people post here anymore (this trend seems to be increasing over time), so unless that changes I may look into closing the site in 3 years, unless someone wants to take it over and run it from that point on.

I'd also like to note the second run of the site (March 18, 2018-present) is already longer than the first run (December 7, 2007 - September 20, 2012).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

calle

Hope interest increase so you don't feel you have to close the site. It feels like everything is about speed runs these days compared to 1CC / points as it used to be.

EOJ

I'm happy to keep it open for many more years, it is just that the hosting prices have gotten so high it's hard to justify paying them when only a dozen or so people seem to post here anymore.

I added google ads to the site for guests about 3 months ago, in order to help with the hosting costs, but so far I've only made $5. :( Maybe it will increase over time but I am not holding my breath.

Anyway, the web hosting been paid through March 2027, so we'll see how things are as we near that date. :righton:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

SuperPang

That's very generous of you. Thanks for keeping it going. This is an important resource and I'm sure there are a lot of lurkers popping by to make use of that. It's hardly surprising its quiet though. In the site's heyday, CAVE were pumping out two arcade releases and multiple ports a year, and aside from a few mobile releases, they've been effectively out of STG development for over a decade now. Not a lot to talk about.