Akai Katana Shin [JP X360 - 5/26/2011]

Started by EOJ, February 18, 2011, 11:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sepeh

Akai Katana port this soon. Amazing.

Maybe I should rethink about buying the NTSC-J system.

crackfox

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!! :righton:
I will be all over this!!!!  :cool:
Quicker than i thought it would be released!!!
Played a few credits at r3play last year and thought it was sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!  =D

bad-joey

Great news, looks great! I was hoping for it, but this soon is awesome

EOJ

Tidbit: when you met the new boss Nazuna, she says (in Japanese) "I'm going to chop your body to pieces!". Sounds like a nice gal.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Icarus

Nazuna sounds like my kind of girl. I came for the tits, and stayed for a bit of sauciness.
Stoked for this port, looks very nicely packaged so far, particularly the selection menus which aren't the sparse lists of ports previous.

Iori Branford

This is probably the most marketable Cave release yet. It'd be stupid not to localize this. I'm willing to wait.

supabok

Has there been any mention if this release will be region free?

brentsg

Quote from: supabok on February 19, 2011, 09:04:34 PM

My magic 8 ball said not to even ask.

StarCreator

Quote from: SomeMist on February 19, 2011, 12:20:58 PM
ouch. their games keep going up in price! $85 USD for the SE!? Or maybe that's just our money losing even more of its value.

The pricing is exactly the same as DFK 1.5.  Also, the SE is priced the same as Futari's, and the LE is less expensive.

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: brentsg on February 19, 2011, 09:14:16 PM
Quote from: supabok on February 19, 2011, 09:04:34 PM

My magic 8 ball said not to even ask.

It wouldn't hurt to goto the Cave Facebook or Twitter and mention that you'd enjoy being able to play the game on an NA region console. I'm sure Cave will be looking to have this (as well as DFK) published overseas by either Aksys or another company, but it can't hurt to express interest.

SomeMist

Quote from: StarCreator on February 20, 2011, 01:17:19 AM
Quote from: SomeMist on February 19, 2011, 12:20:58 PM
ouch. their games keep going up in price! $85 USD for the SE!? Or maybe that's just our money losing even more of its value.

The pricing is exactly the same as DFK 1.5.  Also, the SE is priced the same as Futari's, and the LE is less expensive.
I paid 75 for both DFK 1.5 and futari. I guess I just assumed those were the original/stock prices since that was the same price I saw available through multiple retailers. I did however pay 85 for my MMP/PS SE preorder.

regardless, I'm very curious to see how the mechanics work in this game since I'm having some trouble figuring out what's going on  :o

EOJ

Most of us never had bubbles to begin with. 100% expected news.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

pestilence

really looking forward to this title.

New boss looks awesome. love the character art.

Tesuman

Quote from: EOJ on February 19, 2011, 02:24:25 PM
Tidbit: when you met the new boss Nazuna, she says (in Japanese) "I'm going to chop your body to pieces!". Sounds like a nice gal.

...and to think that Shion was the bitch...

Backlashcop

Pre-orders for this have opened on Play-Asia, Limited Edition version too.

trev1976

Quote from: Backlashcop on March 03, 2011, 11:15:50 AM
Pre-orders for this have opened on Play-Asia, Limited Edition version too.

Will be placing my order shortly

njiska

Still waiting for this to appear on HMV.

Do what know what is in the LE?
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

EOJ

Not yet. It's probably a soundtrack CD again, but I hope they'll do something a bit more creative.
My score archive

lmagus

I really like the soundtrack for this game.

Maybe I'll buy my first LE once NCSX opens pre-order

HVL

EOJ

This why I never buy the LEs. You're basically paying an extra $40 for a game soundtrack, a goofy box (that's almost always not as nice as the SE box art), and a different disc art (MMP/PS lacked the last two).
My score archive

Special World

Yep. ESPgaluda II was the worst offender. The SE box art was one of the most gorgeous pieces I've ever seen, an absolute gem in my collection, and then the LE was... two (one) character(s) standing there.

EOJ

The SE Espgaluda II is one of the best deals around. You get a soundtrack CD inside the case, awesome cover art, and more game modes on one disc than any other Japanese X360 Cave release.
My score archive

sh00g

Quote from: HVL on March 08, 2011, 05:18:45 PM
It will come bundled with a ?Shin mode? music soundtrack CD, in a box with a different, new cover made by the game?s artist.

Well, shit. Totally expected but still a bit disappointing. I think they should be a bit more creative with this stuff.

No kidding. I'll probably settle with SE this time around.

pestilence

both SE and LE look good.

I think I'll go for the SE.

emphatic

Anyone notice this clip going up on YouTube? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnRw3G8-qI0&feature=player_profilepage

The description has DLC in it. Is this the limited "shop edition" as a DLC?

Aliquantic

I've seen that movie on NicoNico a few days ago, but it's only a showcase of the voice acting DLC compared to the regular game.

HVL

Quote from: emphatic on March 10, 2011, 12:42:29 PM
Anyone notice this clip going up on YouTube? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnRw3G8-qI0&feature=player_profilepage

The description has DLC in it. Is this the limited "shop edition" as a DLC?

The description says it's a first print bonus.

And yes, the video shows the difference if you have it or not. I prefer voiced. :righton: