Akai Katana Shin [JP X360 - 5/26/2011]

Started by EOJ, February 18, 2011, 11:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van_Artic

lam47

Very cool to hear there is a demo.
Can I verify something?
Are there three versions being made? Normal, limited and special in a box.
If so what do you get with the limited? Or is it just the two? Thanks.

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

moozooh

Quote from: lam47 on April 27, 2011, 05:38:03 PM
Can I verify something?
Are there three versions being made? Normal, limited and special in a box.
If so what do you get with the limited? Or is it just the two? Thanks.

Normal ? PCB.
Limited (two arranged modes with unlocked multiplier) ? PCB (in a box).
Shin (normal mode + two differently arranged modes with unlocked multiplier) ? 360.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

I think he was asking about the Standard Edition 360 package, the LE 360 package, and the LE w/ box 360 package. LE w/ box just includes the LE in an arcade box, with full arcade artwork set (pop, marquee, movestrip, instructions). LE has a different cover and a soundtrack CD, otherwise it's the same content as the SE.
My score archive

moozooh

Ah, well, there's so many packages of this game I can't even tell what the original question was about. :laugh:
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

lam47

Thanks eoj. That's the info I needed. I tend to only go le if there are extras for in game. Cheers mate.

MikeNeko

Quote from: Van_Artic on April 27, 2011, 09:49:07 AM
there's a demo coming out soon!!

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/27/akai_katana_shin_demo/

Happy easters everyone (i know i am late xD just back from vacation), that s some very good news indeed thanks for the info !

MagicT

The demo good news, but i'm silver member only... Waiting Apr 11...
But buy it anyway the full game!

lam47

I'm sure I have played demos from DVD before. I think it was the Resident evil 5 demo. And you don't need a modded xbox to do it. If someone with gold knows how it may find it's way onto the internet.

Cell

So the demo should be up late tonight? Will it be available to all regions?
  Wanted: Mushihimesama PCB 

EOJ

My score archive

Cell

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: EOJ on May 03, 2011, 10:16:23 PM
JP-only. Gold-only until March 11.

So this means you can only play the demo on a NTSC-J 360, or that you must download it with a Japanese Gold XBL Profile?

EOJ

The latter. Demos aren't region-coded.
My score archive

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: EOJ on May 03, 2011, 11:34:27 PM
The latter. Demos aren't region-coded.

That's what I thought. Sadly I'll have to wait till the 11th.

Cell

Oh I have an unbanned new slim Xbox. Is it possible to sign up and pay for a gold jap account with a US credit card? And is the game up now?

EOJ

Anyone can just open a new JP Xbox live account on any x360. You get gold free for a month.
My score archive

Cell

Cool. I made one but I don't see it up yet.

antares

afaik only the first 3 accounts that you create on one console get the free gold month.

lam47

I didn't think of making a new account, doh! All done now. Looking forward to having a go of this :)

SomeMist

demo is pretty incredible. I can tell it's going to take me about a week to get used to/figure out the mechanics. I'll probably be practicing this demo until my copy finally ships :)

for some reason I was surprised they had boss(es) in the demo.

emphatic

Quote from: SomeMist on May 04, 2011, 10:31:18 AM
demo is pretty incredible. I can tell it's going to take me about a week to get used to/figure out the mechanics. I'll probably be practicing this demo until my copy finally ships :)

for some reason I was surprised they had boss(es) in the demo.

Do you have access to all the video settings in the demo? If so, care to snap some photos? Did they include the dreaded Wide Mode this time or (worse) go with the Deathsmiles 2X forced widescreen?

SomeMist

nah, everythings locked with the exception of controls, offline leaderboards, and 1P mode. I was hoping to try it out on a 4:3 display in arcade mode but there's no display options. Going to try it out on my CRT anyways, and I'll take a off screen grab

edit: (letterboxed DSIIX mode it is)
CRT

16:9 Widescreen

lam47

I think I have the mechanics down. Seems you can only create a lot of gold two or three times a stage.
Also, how short are these stages! They must be the shortest of any cave game.
Better be more than 5 or I will demand my nickel back.

SuperPang

What is this I don't even.. :-X

Shin mode is VASTLY different to arcade or LV, like a whole different game. What the hell is going on?  :laugh: Can someone who's figured out how to play this let us know please. Coming from the PCBs this feels all wrong and more like an arrange mode than the USP.

And borders in 16:9, I wasn't expecting that. They're pretty damn small which begs the question why? Just overscan it a bit more by default Cave, it's not going to make a difference.

And the music now has added guitar riffs, which is not what it needed  :facepalm:

Looks pretty though.

Muchi Muchi Spork

Quote from: lam47 on May 04, 2011, 11:44:44 AM
I think I have the mechanics down. Seems you can only create a lot of gold two or three times a stage.
Also, how short are these stages! They must be the shortest of any cave game.
Better be more than 5 or I will demand my nickel back.

The first 2 stages are the shortest ones in the game, especially the first. It's like you get warmed up and then it's over. The last 3 are more satisfying.

lam47

Use auto shot to build up the little dots that appear around your ship, the more you have the more blue orbs appear in the next step. Then shot, held down to build the energy meter. (EDIT, if you hold shot for too long the hit counter re sets. Alternate collecting blue crap and energy balls)
Once full you want to turn into a giant person. The 4 dots are now blue things at the top and bottom of your character. when you hold shot it will shoot them off at the enemy. You want it to hit as many as you can. This makes katanas form behind you. Whilst these are here enemies fire suicide bullets. Fill the screen with them and then turn back into a normal size plane. This shoots the katanas off and makes gold appear yay!

I'm sure there are nuances I'm missing but these seem to be the basics. X

I just edited this to make a bit more sense. I think it will take time (and longer stages) to work out when is best to use the Katanas. I think it could be a lot of fun though. A death will not cost you half your score which is great for people who suck, like me.

lam47

Pleased to hear that Mr Spork! Still looking forward to the release.

emphatic

I made a post on CAVE's FaceBook page about how the screen doesn't fill up a 4:3 screen. Let's hope they can still put in the wonderous Wide Mode.  :whyioughtta: