Main Menu

uo poko!

Started by jpj, March 27, 2009, 04:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpj

i am probably the only one who likes the gay yellow cat, but i was wondering..  are there any secret levels in uo poko?

i 1CC'd the international version with save states, and there was no staff roll  ???  score was 4.1 mill, and i remember zlk saying his 1CC was around the same score.  and it's his jap pcb which i now play on.  no 1CC yet though  :-\  also, the best maximum i had was 44-8 i think.  and the gamest record is 53-9 apparently, with a score of over 6 mill.  is the time bonus points set higher in the later levels?  the two levels that stick in my mind are level 6, and level 30.  in level 6, with your first red, if you place it right and break the ice block, you can chain the whole level is one move (7 seconds), which gets you 100k bonus.  it's not possible to do any better than that.  but on level 30, if you place your first red to the far right, you can cause a chain reaction which will chain the whole level, for a 350k bonus.  and also, is the bonus based on time (as it says) or how many moves?  for a 2 mill increase on 30 levels, i would need to *average* +60k higher on each stage  :o  sounds crazy, but i'm thinking maybe there are hidden levels, or a 2nd loop, or similar..  no vids on nico sadly

zlk

Watch the replays on marp.  The top scores have some good techniques. 

jpj

cheers dude, i didn't think of that  :)

jpj

cool.  apart from that clever chain in stage 1, i was doing a lot right in the early levels  :)  guess i'm too slow   :lol:

GaijinPunch

Quoteguess i'm too slow 

Nah.  Just full retard.

zlk

Mushihime-tama has hidden levels.  It is way more fun than Uo Poko.  There are also multiple routes through the game.  If you don't already own the pcb, do yourself a favor and buy a copy.  It is a blast.  :righton:

charlienash87

Quote from: zlk on March 28, 2009, 02:08:26 PM
Mushihime-tama has hidden levels.  It is way more fun than Uo Poko.  There are also multiple routes through the game.  If you don't already own the pcb, do yourself a favor and buy a copy.  It is a blast.  :righton:

they should port both to the DS on a single cart. you know it'd be sweet
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

jpj

i do have tama somewhere, haven't played it in a long while.  have to dig it out soon!   :righton:

jpj

is MAXIMUM just for one chain?  ie a 39-9 being 39 cleared in 9 chains, off one ball  ???  or is it by level?  i wanna know where this 53-9 is  =D

edit: okay, i got it  ^-^

brumma

Quote from: GaijinPunch on March 28, 2009, 12:16:39 AM
Quoteguess i'm too slow 

Nah.  Just full retard.

Yeah man, never go full retard.  Dull as fuck--OK, but never full retard.

jpj

jpj

the order that your balls are in, is this random?  please don't tell me it is  :'(  i did a wicked 160k chain stage 11 (normally 140), with a great order

zlk

I wish I knew if the order is random.  Unfortunately I have no idea. 

jpj

i might have to start recording runs in mame and see if i can figure it out.  i'm not normally this nerdy though  :-[

either it's random.  it's based on what bonus you got on the previous level(s).  based on the time on the clock for the previous level*.  or perhaps it is set by credits (ie restarting it, you will always get the same order).

*i've got three of the marp replays, and occasionally i see phil waiting for a second before shooting the last ball into place..   ???