Deathsmiles Xbox 360 port!

Started by EOJ, August 27, 2008, 05:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

I think all LEs should have come with it, only the first print for the SE.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Blue_Rei

Quote from: EOJ on March 15, 2011, 10:27:26 PM
I think all LEs should have come with it, only the first print for the SE.

That's odd. Did it come on a paper outside the box or was it in the case somewhere? I guess it's too late to complain to PA about this at this point. Thanks for clearing that up though!

EOJ

They came outside the box (at least with the SE, I didn't buy the LE brand new). DSIIX was the same way. All other games have had the DLC card inside the box.
My score archive

Shalashaska

I bought my LE brand new and did not receive a DLC card either.

EOJ

Maybe it was more of a preorder bonus, then. It was Cave's first go with the DLC stuff.

I still have my DLC card brand new/sealed. Never felt the need to activate voices in the game.
My score archive

Daverost

Kinda feels weird to plug something like this, but Aksys is offering several of their games on sale through March 24th and all proceeds are going toward Japan's relief efforts. Deathsmiles LE is down to $30 and SE is down to $20. If there's anyone that owns a different version but has been considering picking up the NA version, now's as good a time as any to pick it up.

http://www.aksysgames.com/2011/03/16/japan-benefit-sale/

If you have an older 360, you could always pick up the LE for the faceplate.

HVL

That's a really nice campaign, too bad it's U.S. only. I'd definitely jump on the LE.

Daverost

Well there are always those international shipping services, but I don't much about them.

Midey

I love DeathSmiles! =D I was expecting easier game, but whatever. :P

My continues records:
Casper - 3
Rosa - 5
Windia - 5
Follett - more than 9 :P

ookitarepanda

Quote from: Midey on April 03, 2011, 06:23:49 AM
My continues records:
Casper - 3

Ugh I hate playing as Casper. Is this the number of continues before you just plain gave up because she's so weak and... pedophilic?

Midey

Quote from: ookitarepanda on April 03, 2011, 10:59:41 AM
Quote from: Midey on April 03, 2011, 06:23:49 AM
My continues records:
Casper - 3

Ugh I hate playing as Casper. Is this the number of continues before you just plain gave up because she's so weak and... pedophilic?
No, I cleared the game with her using 3 continues. I chose 1st level for every stage. :P

jheiger

Keep working at it.  I was the same way at first.  I had the most success with Rosa early on.

Chacranajxy

So out of curiosity, now that the US version of the game has been patched, is the slowdown identical to the Japanese release?  Can't decide which version to go with...

jyumi

Quote from: Chacranajxy on September 26, 2011, 11:35:02 PM
So out of curiosity, now that the US version of the game has been patched, is the slowdown identical to the Japanese release?  Can't decide which version to go with...

I don't think anybody really knows for sure since there hasn't been a in depth investigation on the slowdown. But if you ask me, yes they are identical and it doesn't matter which one you get. The US version is the better one since it has higher graphics and comes with MBL+MBL1.1 from the start.
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

Chacranajxy

Quote from: jyumi on September 27, 2011, 02:39:26 AM
Quote from: Chacranajxy on September 26, 2011, 11:35:02 PM
So out of curiosity, now that the US version of the game has been patched, is the slowdown identical to the Japanese release?  Can't decide which version to go with...

I don't think anybody really knows for sure since there hasn't been a in depth investigation on the slowdown. But if you ask me, yes they are identical and it doesn't matter which one you get. The US version is the better one since it has higher graphics and comes with MBL+MBL1.1 from the start.

Higher graphics?

EOJ

I think he's referring to the "smoothing" filter for the Arcade modes, which isn't present in the JP release.
My score archive

Let_It_Be

Has anyone been able to confirm that the NA version now has identical slowdown to that of the JP version?

spl

I've just starting playing this game (EU version) and trying to follow techniques from 530M follet J360 nico video.

Graveyard rank 3 - The player in the video is in power-up mode from the start and goes immediately to the right hand side and begins leeching skulls off the gravestone things. He gets the counter upto +10,000 really quickly.

When I try this - the screen scrolls past the first gravestone much faster than the nico replay and therefore I can only reach around +5000ish at this point.

Is this the slowdown differences people are talking about? If so - I'm about to throw this game in the bin, sell my PAL 360 and buy a J360.

Someone please tell me I'm doing something wrong. :(

antares

Rising Star Games started a Deathsmiles competition. The Top 5 players on the PAL XBox 360 leaderboard will get a framed certificate signed by Cave. It's running until Nov. 5th:

http://www.risingstargames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=780

Daverost

Quote from: spl on October 16, 2011, 11:29:07 PM
Is this the slowdown differences people are talking about? If so - I'm about to throw this game in the bin, sell my PAL 360 and buy a J360.

As far as I'm aware, there were no differences between the EU and JP versions, only the NA and JP/EU versions, which got patched anyway. This is the first I've heard of such a drastic slowdown difference between the two.

HVL

Quote from: antares on October 17, 2011, 12:53:59 AM
Rising Star Games started a Deathsmiles competition. The Top 5 players on the PAL XBox 360 leaderboard will get a framed certificate signed by Cave. It's running until Nov. 5th:

http://www.risingstargames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=780

Out of curiosity, how high are the scores currently?

spl

Quote from: Daverost on October 17, 2011, 09:41:21 AM
Quote from: spl on October 16, 2011, 11:29:07 PM

As far as I'm aware, there were no differences between the EU and JP versions, only the NA and JP/EU versions, which got patched anyway. This is the first I've heard of such a drastic slowdown difference between the two.

I feel stupid now because I finally got the trick down.. for some reason I can't do it properly in practice mode but in the normal game mode it's fine - probably just my poor skills however.  :facepalm:

Van_Artic

Quote from: HVL on October 17, 2011, 10:53:19 AM
Out of curiosity, how high are the scores currently?
the top score on EX-On is around 320mil
EX-Off scores are all between 195mil, all the way to 265mil for the top score

of course, they're all made with Rosa, and maybe 2-3 Follett scores

HVL

Apparently the competition is for the vanilla 360 Mode, no EX. Can't be bothered because none of my strats would work because the 360 Mode has messed up slowdown, especially in the forest stage.

darkidol

Well, the last time I loaded the game was Saturday (the 22nd) and already that 195 score (by Aliquantic I think?) had been pushed quite a bit down.  Many more Rosa and Follett 200-odd scores near the top, though 265 was still the top.

I practiced my Casper run last Friday and Saturday and managed to improve my score by 40 million in one run, which was a bit extreme.  I think somewhere at or just below 250 is my theortetical max at the moment - need to learn the railroad stage properly and play the Castle more safely.  Anyway, the nearest other Casper score was 70million below mine.  I put the replay up so if any one wants to get some scoring ideas go ahead.

Would love to see more Windia/Casper scores on the leaderboard.  Like with fighting games some of these characters may be harder work to get a feel for, but so what?

I agree with HVL in that the slowdown is definitely wonky in parts of 360 mode (the part in the forest with the snakes and floating islands on screen at once can sometimes feel very herky jerky to me).

Still, great idea by Rising Star/Cave.  :righton:

lam47

I was in the top ten on some modes. Not any more though.
I put more time into my Japanese copy anyway.
If someone on here wins a certificate it would be cool the see it.

Van_Artic

i'd wish it was for all of the modes, even 1.1 and MBL 1.1, i'd win 2 of those prizes  :rolleyes:

lam47

Deathsmiles is now available on UK games on demand for ?15.

EOJ

This will be cave's first GoD release in Japan - it'll be released by the end of the month. More releases will follow through the year.
My score archive

EOJ

SPE says you can score higher on the home port than the PCB. He says the difference is mainly in the volcano stage, and if you play optimally it should amount to no more than 5 million more points on the X360 port. Still, that sucks to hear, but it certainly explains why I and others found it easier to score on the port.  :displeased:

BTW, SPE holds the WR for Follett on both the PCB and the X360 port. So if anyone would know about this, it's him.
My score archive