I'm calling June/July at the earliest.
This sucker is BUGGED!  :laugh:
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

Monouchi

Yeah, with Mihara on it it will maybe be "Ketsui Forever".....    :'(

EOJ

Lol, ncsx.com announced the date as 4.22.2010 today:

http://www.ncsx.com/2010/020110/ncs0201w.htm

"For a little while, it looked like  Ketsui Kizuna for the Xbox 360 was just a fading memory since it's been delayed for nearly a year. Over the weekend, 5pb announced the new ship date for the game which is now April 22, 2010. NCS has kept all preorders on file and we'll process and ship reservations when the game is in stock. A new limited edition of the game which includes an Original Soundtrack CD was also announced and NCS expects to start preorders within the next few days."

Seems like someone at 5pb let the date out to distributors. It's probably the date they're aiming for, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's pushed back a month or so. Who knows what will happen next with this goofy Ketsui 5pb Mihara super saga.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Hive

these goal dates are so they can reassure potential buyers like us that the game is coming in a foreseeable future ^^
But I don't think they can afford to keep giving the public new dates, unless they are shooting for near-perfection.

Actually, I'm a little bit worried about the brand name of Cave if this game doesn't really live up to hype...

StarCreator

I think Cave will survive any ill will this port might surface considering how well they've been doing with their own efforts.  5pb's reputation might be beyond saving though...

JAPJAC

I'm surprised at ncsx, they are normally not so easily led.

Home Ketsui is the Chinese Democracy of Jap import gaming.

In my 20 years of doing this I've never known anything like it.   :o

Someone should write a detailed timeline of everything that has happened.  From the release of the PCB to the release of the X360 version and everything inbetween when this game has finally finally finally been released.

Cheers.

neomoe

Quote from: EOJ on February 04, 2010, 04:41:37 AM

http://www.ncsx.com/2010/020110/ncs0201w.htm

"For a little while, it looked like  Ketsui Kizuna for the Xbox 360 was just a fading memory since it's been delayed for nearly a year. Over the weekend, 5pb announced the new ship date for the game which is now April 22, 2010. NCS has kept all preorders on file and we'll process and ship reservations when the game is in stock. A new limited edition of the game which includes an Original Soundtrack CD was also announced and NCS expects to start preorders within the next few days."

hopefully this time around NCSX won't charge an exorbitant mark-up on the LE like they did for Espgaluda 2...

brentsg

I think you are going to get that anytime the distributors force a ratio.  If they are held to 5:1 regular to LE, I think NCS boosts their regular quantity and recovers a good bit of the excess with the LE price. 

Look at it from their perspective.  They are boosting the price on the LE and still selling out of every copy they can get their hands on, so essentially they are doing what they should.

neomoe

Quote from: brentsg on February 04, 2010, 12:11:41 PMLook at it from their perspective.  They are boosting the price on the LE and still selling out of every copy they can get their hands on, so essentially they are doing what they should.

True, but I also have to look at it from my own perspective.  If I can get the same product from another store for $30 less, then I will.  

At the end of the day, it's no big deal really, as I used to order pretty regularly from Play Asia and never really had a problem with them before.  Once I learned about NCSX, I pretty much started ordering things from them exclusively and was really happy with them...until Espgaluda 2.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying a premium for "convenience" or "piece of mind", but quite frankly their price on Espgaluda 2 LE was brutishly overpriced....so i decided to take my chances w/ Play Asia.  hopefully I will get my LE, but if I don't, I'll live.  Regardless though, I am not going to be bullied into paying whatever a retailer wants to charge simply because they can.  I was really disappointed with them when I saw that.

EOJ

New blog post from Mihara today. He says they're preparing an introductory article about the Ketsui port, that they'll hopefully be able to release by next weekend. It will include a details on a "surprising collaboration". He also emphasizes he is not in charge of the Ketsui port, he is merely helping out (advising) the 5pb guys Ichikawa and Shikura, who are programming the port. Anyway, should be fun to read what they have in store for us soon.
My score archive

Monouchi

Absolutely.  :)

It seems that the Ketsui port is important for saving CAVEs face?
I mean, all this hype about the port, the canceled PS2 port, Mihara helping 5pb....and also how it seems that ALOT of fans have big expectations for this....including me.

Hive

yea, reading the Ketsui updates are almost as fun as playing Ketsui.
almost.  :P

krokounleashed

for many it's the best cave-shmup, so yeah it's important.

JAPJAC

Thank you very much for the update EOJ.  It all sounds very exciting.

I have and never have had any doubt in my mind that Ketsui X360 will not disappoint.  In fact, I think it has the potential to eliminate the few minor annoying flaws (bugs, choppy slowdown, graphical glitches) that the PCB has even.  Here are my 10 reasons:

1.  It's Ketsui.
2.  DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label X360 was a disaster which was a blessing for Ketsui X360.  
3.  Soukyugurentai for the Sega Saturn had Electronic Arts on the box.
4.  Ketsui DS was remarkable for what it was.
5.  Everyone involved clearly REALLY cares.
6.  The obscene delays shows that they are being so careful.
7.  Ketsui is Cave's least slowdown reliant title making for an easier task surely.
8.  It's Ketsui.
9.  Ketsui is Cave's pi?ce de r?sistance (IMO).
10.  I've played the first level and I thought it was blinding.

I can't wait (well I can and am).

Cheers.

Elixir

Quote from: JAPJAC on February 05, 2010, 07:11:36 AM2.  DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label X360 was a disaster which was a blessing for Ketsui X360.

get bent.

Geeb

Quote from: JAPJAC on February 05, 2010, 07:11:36 AM7.  Ketsui is Cave's least slowdown reliant title making for an easier task surely.
I thought Ketsui failed the PS2 port because Arika was having problems getting the slowdown to work properly

adverse

11.  KETSUI NOW HAS A HAT YOU CAN WEAR SIDEWAYS

http://www.cave-shop.jp/item/4589.html

Wonder if there is a special irony in the 1UP battleship being turned into a lighter.   :laugh:

http://www.cave-shop.jp/item/4588.html

bcass

Quote from: Geeb on February 05, 2010, 10:45:53 AM
Quote from: JAPJAC on February 05, 2010, 07:11:36 AM7.  Ketsui is Cave's least slowdown reliant title making for an easier task surely.
I thought Ketsui failed the PS2 port because Arika was having problems getting the slowdown to work properly

No.  The problem was an issue with the reverse-scrolling backgrounds.

fuse

Quote from: JAPJAC on February 05, 2010, 07:11:36 AMI have and never have had any doubt in my mind that Ketsui X360 will not disappoint.  In fact, I think it has the potential to eliminate the few minor annoying flaws (bugs, choppy slowdown, graphical glitches)
Am I mistaken, or haven't you been quoted in past as saying you think the game should be completely minus slowdown?

EOJ

My score archive

KOMA

The Ketsui hat is cool but please if any of you have access to the online shop,drop me a PM for this:
http://www.cave-shop.jp/item/4598.html
I'll buy you the guwange Chopsticks for your RAMEN! :.p

EOJ

Ah, so they're finally reprinting the arcade art set.
My score archive

brentsg

Dang I'll definitely have to find a way to score an art set.  My ronery PCB would really like that.

StarCreator

Totally ordered, thanks for the heads up!

neomoe

Quote from: EOJ on February 05, 2010, 01:26:56 PM
ncsx.com has started preorders for the LE:

http://www.shopncsx.com/ketsuiextra-1.aspx

$109.90

nice, that's more like it...I believe that was what Futari was as well.  Thanks for the info

grotto

Quote from: brentsg on February 05, 2010, 02:30:40 PM
Dang I'll definitely have to find a way to score an art set.  My ronery PCB would really like that.

Can someone please order this art set for me? :)

Kewing

I got a mail from NCSX this afternoon and made the order just now. I'm kinda surprised it hasn't sold out yet (guess the region lock out has something to do ;P ). In the meanwhile I'll enjoy the CD.
I really need pull myself together and save up a bit for a J360.

JAPJAC

Quote from: fuse on February 05, 2010, 12:31:06 PM
Quote from: JAPJAC on February 05, 2010, 07:11:36 AMI have and never have had any doubt in my mind that Ketsui X360 will not disappoint.  In fact, I think it has the potential to eliminate the few minor annoying flaws (bugs, choppy slowdown, graphical glitches)
Am I mistaken, or haven't you been quoted in past as saying you think the game should be completely minus slowdown?

As it stands now, I could be easily pleased, all options considered:

If it has identical slowdown - happy.  
If it has the annoying slowdown removed - very happy.  
If it has all slowdown removed - maybe happy*.  
If it has identical slowdown AND a gravity on/off option-delighted.  

If it has more slowdown or completely inappropriate slowdown-unhappy.

I have a 1/5 chance of being gutted by this game in regards to the slowdown aspect then.  Odds on OK!

I also enjoyed the lack of slowdown with the guardians in the DS version.*

Cheers.

*I have no experience of the 2nd loop of Ketsui PCB however.

twoup

I'd be gutted if there was no wait time, no need to increase the difficulty in an already brutal game. After all the delays it had better be accurate.

Geeb

Quote from: bcass on February 05, 2010, 10:57:36 AM
Quote from: Geeb on February 05, 2010, 10:45:53 AM
Quote from: JAPJAC on February 05, 2010, 07:11:36 AM7.  Ketsui is Cave's least slowdown reliant title making for an easier task surely.

No.  The problem was an issue with the reverse-scrolling backgrounds.
why is that a "no", that should be a "yes"