Main Menu

Cave matsuri 12/30

Started by EOJ, December 22, 2007, 02:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skykid

I'm guessing that the DS poster price is jacked up to 5000 cos it's got naked loli's on it. What's the one to the right, a new DDP DOJ poster for the 360 release?

I'm quite interested in page 3 - are they reprinting the POP for those games? At 600 yen I'd take one of each of those.

Which mofo's doing the group order? Get it together expats! :righton:
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

zap

Well I can't go this time, but even if I could I wouldn't buy alot of stuff this time. The prices are kinda ridiculous. The mascot ballpen and maybe the new DOJ poster would be nice, but that's about it. Maybe the wash cloth too. Hopefully I can grab these easily from YJ afterwards.

Somebody better take as many pics as I did at the last event and upload!

btw, nice new design on the board

GaijinPunch

Still don't think I'll go.  Just don't have the energy.  I'm going out to drink tonight and am not even excited. :)

The poster is B1 size (7 pieces of paper, hence, the high price).  The way they see it, you're buying 7 double-sided posters.

SuperPang

Ah yes. That'll look pretty cool in the games room, except they'll be rolled, if not by Cave by the re-seller.

gsl

Quote from: GaijinPunch
I'm going out to drink tonight and am not even excited. :)
That is indeed a troubling thought.

GaijinPunch

Last night was a bust, and reminded me that I'm in now shape to go queuing all day and night.  There was a party at Makuhari Messe.  Richie Hawtin was headlining.  Some 8000 people or so out there.  Also reminded me that I hate large events like that.  No matter how good the music is, the acoustics are awful, it was cold, you can't meet new people due to the size, and it takes forever to get a beer (and longer to take a leak).

Standing for a long time = no fucking way.

adverse

Quote from: GaijinPunch on December 21, 2008, 01:55:13 AM
Last night was a bust, and reminded me that I'm in now shape to go queuing all day and night.  There was a party at Makuhari Messe.  Richie Hawtin was headlining.  Some 8000 people or so out there.  Also reminded me that I hate large events like that.  No matter how good the music is, the acoustics are awful, it was cold, you can't meet new people due to the size, and it takes forever to get a beer (and longer to take a leak).

Standing for a long time = no fucking way.

Haha, my friends went to that.

Yo, Cave matsuri was really well organized last time...I realize that won't be incentive, but things went really quick.

GaijinPunch

Yo, Cave matsuri was really well organized last time...I realize that won't be incentive, but things went really quick.

Did it have anyhthing to do w/ the location?  It's back at Hey! again, which tells me it's going to be another fist fuck.

gsl

The one this time last year didn't seem too bad compared to the one in September.  The ticket thing seemed to help control the crowds; I'm not really sure if there would be a way to hold the event that DIDN'T involve some manner of queueing--it IS Japan, after all.

Where was this non-Hey location for the last one?

zap

Quote from: gsl on December 23, 2008, 01:25:20 AMWhere was this non-Hey location for the last one?
It was at Akiba_Square, just a few hundred meters from HEY.

gsl

Oh yeah, I remember seeing photos of the place, now that you mention it.  The big shiny building.  It was always a bit of a shock to see that around the corner after wandering out from those warrens of electronic parts under the station.  :laugh:

Wonder why in the world they moved back to Hey! after an open space like that?

EOJ

A write up about the CAVE festival at famitsu, along with lots of pics:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1221009_1124.html

I've heard on 2Ch that there were no special "Festival version PCBs" on display this time. But on the floor below there were nearly all of the CAVE games playable (Pink Sweets was noticably absent, even though they were trying to sell remaining copies of the soundtrack at the festival!).

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Plasmo

These danmaku posters look AWESOME! I guess they weren't for sale? What game is that blue bullet pattern from?
Also, does anybody have a death smiles DVD for sale? Is the price regular again? (seems like it, 7k yen seems doable)

KOMA

My guess it's from Pink sweets.

EOJ

No, I think it's from Muchi Muchi Pork. First stage boss max rank pattern.
My score archive

EOJ

Pics of people waiting in line starting at midnight before the day of the show:

http://vat-patimon.com/archives/2008/12/1_7.html
My score archive

KOMA

http://imagepot.net/view/123037375427.jpg
Closer patterns art pic.There are fews more at 2chan,[Cave thread N?X]

SuperPang

Oh my god they have to print those. Never wanted as poster as much since the Guwange appeared.

hermosaguy

Man, I wish it would've worked out so I could have been in town for that!  Other companies should really take notice of the fan service Cave does.  YAJ will definitely be consuming my Christmas gift money!

gsl

Wait, did the festival already happen?  I thought it was the 30th?

GaijinPunch

It was 2 days ago (the 27th).  So fucking glad I didn't bother.  Looks like it was a fist-fucking-party, once again.  (Big surprise).

Gwyrgyn

Not even any news of a new shooter? I mean what's the deal, we haven't had anything really new since DFK and that was in May.

GaijinPunch

Probably announced mid-Jan, in time for the Amusement Show in February.

zlk

What do people think about these Cave festivals? On the whole I think it is good that Cave is doing them and that more cool stuff is released. However, these cave festivals have turned me off to collecting stuff.  There is just way too much stuff to keep track of now.  There also seems to be a cottage industry of buying stuff at the festivals and then jacking up the prices at YJ auctions.  The most important aspect is that with reprints (like the doj black label posters), you have no idea when an item is going to drop dramatically in value. 

SuperPang

I am most disappointed with the Yahoo pimps. Haven't seen a single scarf or zippo.  ???

GaijinPunch

I'm w/ zlk.  W/ every festival, it makes not only reprints less valuable, but every other item b/c it's just too much to keep up with.  The same can be said about the kits too, as it's hard to afford all of them, as more are released, but the more games the better (in most cases).  I just played MBL for the first time and it was a barrel of monkies.

KOMA

It's been a long time i ain't bought any cave crap so i forced myself to buy the 3 pops and a Ketsui's pen :-X
http://uppix.net/b/6/3/d565d2d39fb69fa59bba1c4190433tt.jpg

skykid

What's with the rounded edges on those POP's?
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

KOMA

Cause i think those are not pops properly speaking but mouse pad.

caincan

Quote from: KOMA on January 01, 2009, 04:06:42 AM
It's been a long time i ain't bought any cave crap so i forced myself to buy the 3 pops and a Ketsui's pen :-X
http://uppix.net/b/6/3/d565d2d39fb69fa59bba1c4190433tt.jpg

:P forced?  =D  we are numerous to damn you for the pen he got.  you made it quick to buy i guess... even at 20? he would have sold it in a second