Main Menu

Dangun Feveron PCB error.

Started by Monouchi, October 16, 2011, 01:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monouchi

Ok, I just bought a Dangun Feveron PCB.
I got it for a really good price so I didnt care if it worked or not.

Well, everything works perfectly except that the 1player side joystick has the DOWN direction always triggered.
The PCB is dirty and slimy so I will first do a real cleanup.
After that, where should I start looking?
(Cannot find any visible damage on the pcb.)

Also, is this something that is possible to fix if it is in a chip somewhere on the pcb or am I smoked?

emphatic

If the cleaning doesn't fix it, your can send it to a guy in the UK that fixes PCB's. User "vectorglow" @ AO.

Monouchi

Quote from: emphatic on October 16, 2011, 07:55:00 AM
If the cleaning doesn't fix it, your can send it to a guy in the UK that fixes PCB's. User "vectorglow" @ AO.

Awesome, thanks for the tip Emph.  :)

kernow

This is from memory and what invzim told me when my DOJ board had a faulty direction in the test menu.

If you trace the P2-down from the JAMMA edge you'll notice it goes into a set of input relays, look like black things on little legs (great description I know). I think they are a certain type of resistor, I'd probably clean that area up first if anything.

Monouchi

Quote from: kernow on October 17, 2011, 09:48:27 AM
This is from memory and what invzim told me when my DOJ board had a faulty direction in the test menu.

If you trace the P2-down from the JAMMA edge you'll notice it goes into a set of input relays, look like black things on little legs (great description I know). I think they are a certain type of resistor, I'd probably clean that area up first if anything.

Thanks kern for the tip.  :)