Main Menu

DDP DOJ metal box question...

Started by tastysoil, May 18, 2010, 12:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tastysoil

I Just got a DDP DOJ board w/ the metal box (battery is still installed + looks ok to me) and i have read almost everything I can find on overheating/battery leaking from the metal box so I know people are worried about this.

My question.....Is the box designed to be mounted vertically on it's side ONLY, or can you lay it flat as well?

Thanks for the info, sorry if this has already been asked somewhere else.

kernow

Unlikely it would have made a difference, the fan might be dirty or just on its way out. Its a good idea to run it outside of the case anyway really.

tastysoil

Thanks for the reply-- checked it out and it was a little dirty -- I also think it was vibrating the metal case against the cab because I didn't have it screwed down. Seems just fine now but keeping it out of the case just incase.

emphatic

kernow

:P

To be honest I used to run mine in case with battery, I don't think either killed it as two expert pcb repairers denied there were any corroded traces and it was an issue with one of the CPU->memory address lines and probably a custom chip far down the PCB gone.

If I owned another I'd probably just remove the battery as my friend has his, and keep it in the case. Those metal rails on the case make it lovely for sliding into a PCB holder  :lol: