Ketsui and DDP DOJ BL ports [JP X360]

Started by EOJ, March 04, 2008, 11:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Sorry, my DS=Deathsmiles. Not Ketsui DS.  ;)
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

zakk

WHY IS SHE HOLDING A PHONE WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?!?

My prediction: these ports will be a bit better than the Ibara/Mushi ports
My second prediction: the Deathsmiles port will be slightly better than these ports

Shalashaska

She's calling her agent wanting to know why the fuck she's in DOJ....

PROMETHEUS

Quote from: Shalashaska on September 26, 2008, 05:51:51 PM
She's calling her agent wanting to know why the fuck she's in DOJ....

hahhahaha lol >.<

adverse

Apparently both DDPDOJBL and Ketsui X will be playable at TGS this weekend. 

Anybody going should try em out.

zap

Next weekend actually. I might try Ketsui X.

The phone girl looks like Casper, no doubt.

adverse

Quote from: zap on October 01, 2008, 05:51:58 AM

The phone girl looks like Casper, no doubt.

This way they save on fuck pillows?

EOJ

DDP DOJ Promo vid:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1218492_1407.html

Looks like ass, but that is probably (=hopefully) due to the lousy video quality.
More disturbing is the fact that I didn't see any slowdown in the video, and I think some parts they showed SHOULD have slowdown.  :whyioughtta:
My score archive

adverse

Yeah wow.  Moeru ga yoi...?  ::facepalm::

Shitty trailer.  Had nothing about new features too.

Plasmo

QuoteMore disturbing is the fact that I didn't see any slowdown in the video, and I think some parts they showed SHOULD have slowdown.  whyioughtta
Fortunately I can say that there were no bits where slowdown needed to be there. Speedwise the trailer seems fine. Nevertheless I don't think they'll handle the slowdowns well. :-\ But then again, that's probably the most difficult and most overlooked part when it comes to STG ports. Even the Arika ports had their issues...

EOJ

Quote from: Plasmo on October 02, 2008, 04:14:45 PM
Fortunately I can say that there were no bits where slowdown needed to be there. Speedwise the trailer seems fine.

Thanks Plasmo. That's good to know.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

QuoteMore disturbing is the fact that I didn't see any slowdown in the video, and I think some parts they showed SHOULD have slowdown.

The only noticeable slowdown in the game is Stage 5.  jpj can probably comment better, but I've put a few credits in on this myself.

EOJ

There are also noticeable parts in earlier levels (not a whole lot, admittedly). Level 3 has some, for example. Unless they somehow removed this slowdown from the BL version (doubtful).
My score archive

EOJ

More updates on these games at the TGS, from the 5pb guy's blog:

http://hgqp.blog44.fc2.com/blog-entry-415.html

There will be 2 two playable displays of both Ketsui and DDPDOJ at the MS booth, and 1 each at the Sega booth.
Both will only have stage 1 playable. He says that in DDPDOJ BL there is one part that is clearly different from the Arcade version. I don't like the sound of that.
My score archive

Ast-Kot

When I've read it I ve feel the same thing EOJ but I don't understand if this different is in the first stage or somewhere in the game.... :( Why 360 ports must have these kind of thinks :'(
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

EOJ

It should be in the first stage because that's all you can play there, and the guy said "try and see if you can find it".
My score archive

Ast-Kot

あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

adverse

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1218732_1124.html

Has a byline about Piper that claims her abilities exceed the other characters.  Maybe stronger than EXY? No bombs at all?  :laugh:

She is also only usable in X-mode (the beginner-friendly mode right?) if that isn't known already.

EOJ

Official DDPDOJ BL X site open:

http://5pb.jp/games/div2/ddpdojblex/

Gives info about the TGS display, and of course has a big picture of that dumb phone girl.
My score archive

CHR_AeON

The trailer for DDP DOJ BL  is now up for download on the japanese XB360 marketplace and looks way better than the lame flash encoded thingy from the famitsu website...

adverse

It does look better.  In fact, the graphics look pretty much arcade perfect.

What the hell is up with yoko mode though?  Why did they limit it to that size?  Graphics compatibility issues?

Unrelated but Bionic Commando promo looks amazing.

CHR_AeON

Quote from: adverse on October 09, 2008, 11:50:40 AM

What the hell is up with yoko mode though?  Why did they limit it to that size?  Graphics compatibility issues?

Unrelated but Bionic Commando promo looks amazing.

I guess it's just the default size and you can resize it (like in RFA, R4, etc.). Looks strange, however, and why they chose this setup for their promotion video is beyond me...

EOJ

Quote from: adverse on October 09, 2008, 11:50:40 AM

While it looks better than before (obviously), the graphics are still pretty awful, and nowhere near the arcade version.
The PS2 port of Daioujou looks 10x better.
My score archive

thamasha69

Pardon my ignorance, but I logged into my Japanese Xbox Live account and do not see this trailer for download.  Please enlighten me  ???

CHR_AeON

Quote from: thamasha69 on October 09, 2008, 07:22:36 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but I logged into my Japanese Xbox Live account and do not see this trailer for download.  Please enlighten me  ???

Marketplace -> New Arrivals -> TGS 2008 Bring It Home -> 怒首領蜂大往生 ブラックレーベルEXTRA   

thamasha69

GaijinPunch

QuoteWhile it looks better than before (obviously), the graphics are still pretty awful, and nowhere near the arcade version.
The PS2 port of Daioujou looks 10x better.

Hmmm... what are the chances of a bad transfer?  This isn't sounding good.  But I guess is somewhat expected.

adverse

Report from 2ch by someone who played BLEX

QuotePiper is always in the hyper state.
When she picks up a hyper item, the hyper activates.

Her shot color is different and it has a bullet-cancelling effect like Daifukkatsu.

When she starts a stage there's something like a conversation at the top of the screen.
Her stage clear picture is different from the others.

So, not really sure what he means the hyper 'activating' if she's already in hyper state.  Probably means that you see the same hyper effect you get when you activate one in the normal mode.  I.e. bullets becoming stars, temp invincibility etc.

adverse