Started by EOJ, August 14, 2010, 03:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

bcass

I'm surprised they haven't made any avatat available yet.  Not really interested in any clothing, but I have to say, I'd be a little bit tempted if they sold little ships from their games.

Special World

Well, apparently there is rank in PS Arrange, as I just saw a tiny little sliver of orange in my difficulty gauge. This leads me to believe that I am somehow playing it completely wrong.

Also, how do extends work in Arrange? Do you get them from canceling shots with the rose cracker now, or what?

EOJ

Quote from: Special World on February 28, 2011, 04:29:30 PM
Also, how do extends work in Arrange? Do you get them from canceling shots with the rose cracker now, or what?

Nope. They come at every 10million points. You can still get the 1UPs in stages 3, 5, and 7, though.
My score archive

Icarus

Quote from: Special World on February 27, 2011, 04:56:29 PM
- Your rose cracker will give you a combo multiplier when it kills enemies, I think you need to kill 6 or 7 with one rose cracker to get it to x64
- As long as you're killing enemies, the rose cracker multiplier will stay at x64
- As long as a rose cracker is onscreen, your multiplier will not run out
- It runs out rather quickly if you're not killing anything and you don't have a rose cracker deployed
- There doesn't seem to be rank.

Bakraid, is that you?

TheSoundofRed

Just spent about an hour with MMP and the various modes. I really like 1.01, but the little I played of Arrange didn't do much for me.
PS 1.01 is equally as fun.

EOJ, I watched your 180+mil run of MMP 1.01, I love the Stage 1 boss milking. Really entertaining run.

emphatic

I got my copy today and have credit fed through both 1.01 and Arrange and must say I'm quite disappointed in the arrange Soundtracks, especially for Pink Sweets. Thank God you can choose as you like in this port. The original soundtrack is right up my alley though.  :righton:

EOJ

Quote from: TheSoundofRed on February 28, 2011, 05:07:00 PM
EOJ, I watched your 180+mil run of MMP 1.01, I love the Stage 1 boss milking. Really entertaining run.

I just did a 221mil run up to 2-3 with Ikuo, with a 175mil first loop. Replay is online. Check it out.  :)
My score archive

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: EOJ on February 28, 2011, 07:48:40 PM

I just did a 221mil run up to 2-3 with Ikuo, with a 175mil first loop. Replay is online. Check it out.  :)

What is a good target score for someone new to MMP? I'm having trouble milking the Stage 1 boss thoroughly, but can end with 10mil+. I'm trying to get up to 10k Gold before the midboss, but can't do it reliably. Usually hit 2-2.5mil at the start of the midboss.

EOJ

Sounds like you're doing good, just keep practicing and you'll work your way up to a consistent 15-20mil stage 1.  :righton: Even without boss milking you can pull off 14-15mil with a good lard attack finish on the boss. Reaching 10K medals before the waves of ships before the midboss is essential for a good stage 1 score.

BTW the first loop in 1.01 is ridiculously easy with Rafute, so if you want a quick and easy 1-ALL, use her. I just did a 222mil run with her up to 2-4 and the hardest part about the first loop was remembering to suicide before the next extend whenever I had five lives in stock.
My score archive

cannonball

Quote from: EOJ on February 28, 2011, 07:48:40 PM

I watched your replay last night.  I didn't even know that was you.  Nice run man!

njiska

Finally got my copy this morning. Have to say MMP is a blast and very much worth the price of admission, but so far Pink Sweets just isn't clicking with me. Something just feels off. That being said I absolutely love the Pink Sweets arrange mode and am quite surprised by the amount of slow down that can be generated by popping a Rose Cracker on the laser towers.

Kinda pissed that you have to select 1.01 and 1.00 from the settings menu. If i wasn't already made aware of 1.01's existence I'd probably have never known to go look there. The display setting are also a bit weird. Why can't I set smoothness off as a global setting? It gets really annoying starting a new mode for the first time and then realizing that fucked up Vaseline filter is turned on.

Hope to get some more time in with it later today.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

sh00g

Just found out last night that you could get a free extend in MMP arcade mode by using shot to finish off the mini boss in stage 3 by watching a few replays... I should probably read the strategy thread for simple things like that instead of trying to figure things out on my own. :facepalm:

Arcade Mode has me hooked, but it appears that I seem to be getting worse as time goes on. Dropped out of the top 20 like a true champion already.  :laugh:

- I laughed every time I saw the huge gap of nothing in stage 5 replays. I wonder how that managed to get out the door.

emphatic

Quote from: sh00g on March 01, 2011, 02:02:31 PM- I laughed every time I saw the huge gap of nothing in stage 5 replays. I wonder how that managed to get out the door.

Yeah, I don't get it. If it only takes a couple of days to port the games to 360, why not invite their superplay players to give it a run or two? Would be quite easy to just stand and take notes on what's good and what's not?

MikeNeko

Quote from: emphatic on March 01, 2011, 02:50:20 PM
Yeah, I don't get it. If it only takes a couple of days to port the games to 360, why not invite their superplay players to give it a run or two? Would be quite easy to just stand and take notes on what's good and what's not?

Actually that would be a great idea...on site tests.
Considering the short development cycle, open beta testing is out of question, but that kind of action would be better than just presenting the game at a cave event.

As a side note, i have just had a humility lesson by Pink Sweets... just got served xD I will need a looooooooooooooot of training for that one

phrenzee

I just got this today and I'm having a pretty good time. The flowing motion of golden piggy cubes being sucked in alone is worth it all :D

bitkid

Muchi Porku is pretty fun but the sound and music makes me want to vomit. Pink Sweets is a bit better but I think I like the aesthetic of Ibara a lot more. It seems like Muchi Muchi has some framerate stuttering, particularly at the start of levels. Has anyone else noticed that? Is that normal on the PCB too?

EOJ

Quote from: bitkid on March 01, 2011, 05:39:37 PM
It seems like Muchi Muchi has some framerate stuttering, particularly at the start of levels. Has anyone else noticed that? Is that normal on the PCB too?

It happens on the PCB (particularly at the start of stage 2), but it occurs in more places on the port.
My score archive

MikeNeko

Yep i noticed the slowdown, and good to know it happens on the PCB...
I thought it had to do with the ticks per seconds calibration that would trigger a framedrop too much and cause slowdown, but if this happens on the sh3 hardware then i am wrong.

I love the normal soundtracks for both games, i think i am abnormal, like my reco...

That said the bullet graze voice effect is a bit annoying over time xD but hey that s arcade spirit ! it s not worse than esp ra de (and the repeating ikimaaaaasu).

EOJ

I gotta say the rank meter in Pink Sweets is pretty nice. I move the 1P rank meter over to the 2P side (top right corner), then remove the 2P meter entirely. Feels like DFK BL this way. Also, lol at how little the rank meter drops when you die.  :laugh:

My score archive

sh00g

Yesssssss finally got 1CC on MMP arcade with shit score.  :laugh:

Quote from: MikeNeko on March 01, 2011, 06:02:55 PMthe bullet graze voice effect is a bit annoying over time xD but hey that s arcade spirit !

haha, it's awesome.

EOJ

I got a 186mil ALL with Ikuo in Matsuri Ver, then did a 196mil score with Momo (in Matsuri Ver) and ended my credit on the last boss.  Pretty embarassing. :laugh: Still about 60mil higher than the second place score. I don't know why more people aren't playing this mode.
My score archive

Special World

I'm not playing it because the Pink Sweets bosses are really hard and I'm just not that cool.

njiska

Quote from: Special World on March 01, 2011, 07:54:14 PM
I'm not playing it because the Pink Sweets bosses are really hard and I'm just not that cool.

I have to agree, the difficulty jump between the MMP bosses and the PS bosses is insane.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

EOJ

I think they're pretty easy once you learn their patterns. Just bomb them like crazy and they go down pretty quickly.
My score archive

StarCreator

Something I've noticed so far - is the slowdown that can occur during the Continue timer in MMP gone?  I remember once we got the continue timer running so slow on the PCB that it took something like a full minute for it to actually finish counting down.

EOJ

Yeah, I don't think that's in the port. I consider that a good thing.  :)
My score archive

ookitarepanda

I'll go on the record and say that the Matsuri version is totally awesome, but I kind of miss Scrambled Eggs. Kind of.

dan76

Man, I think I'm addicted to Pink Sweets. I was mainly looking forward to Pork but this has really surprised me (not being such a fan of PS2 Ibara).

After just playing through normally I've started looking at a few replays. I thought I'd try not killing the first mid-boss and milk some bullets. This was going well, almost too easy, when obviously I'd done it for too long and he went ape-shit. It was like, alright, you've had your fun noob - piss off.  :laugh:

This package is one of Cave's best releases as both games have so much character.
XBL gamertag: durango76uk
www.1ccgames.com

sh00g

Played Matsuri some last night. Bosses are just straight up crazy.

I'm like, "It's only stage 3 it can't be thi... HOLY SHIT INSTANT LASERS AND SHOTS FROM HELL".  :laugh: