Official CAVE-STG.COM 2009 Top 10 Cave games of All-time RESULTS

Started by EOJ, June 30, 2009, 06:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

These are the results of the voting held here. Each game that made it into the top 10 is listed below with its total number of points.

First, the results for each game, with all separate versions (White Label, Black Label, Ver 1.5, Ver 1.1, Arrange, etc) charted separately:

SEPARATE VERSIONS LIST
1.)Ketsui [149]
2.)Dodonpachi [116]
3.)Guwange [105]
3.)Espgaluda [105]
5.)Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 [90]
6.)Ibara [84]
6.)Dodonpachi Daioujou [84]
8.)Muchi Muchi Pork! [83]
9.)Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label [71]
10.)Mushihimesama Futari Black Label [67]

Next, we have the results for each game, when all of their variant versions (e.g. 1.0, 1.5, Black Label, Arrange, etc) are counted together:

NON-SEPARATE VERSIONS LIST
1.)Mushihimesama Futari (1.0,1.5,BL) [157]
2.)Dodonpachi Daioujou (WL, BL) [155]
3.)Ketsui [149]
4.)Dodonpachi [116]
5.)Espgaluda (Normal, Arrange) [115]
5.)Deathsmiles (WL, MBL, 1.1) [115]
7.)Guwange [105]
8.)Ibara (WL, BL, Arrange) [99]
9.)Muchi Muchi Pork! [83]
10.)Mushihimesama (Normal, Arrange) [76]
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

adverse

Kinda crazy to see Ketsui do so well on the Seperate Versions list.  It's even 33 points over the nearest competitor.  Sheesh, and Guwange too!  Quite high.  Deathsmiles got pretty screwed with all the different versions it looks like.

I do quite like the non-separate versions list, it's a neat summary of the best of the best IMO. 

EOJ

Yeah, I agree. The Non-Separates List is the best one I've ever seen.
My score archive

skykid

Hmm, don't really agree with much of that ordering, although I do agree with most of the selected titles. It's a matter of taste, but prefer titles like Mushihimesama, Progear and Espgaluda 2 to things like Espgaluda and Ibara - and even Guwange to some degree.

Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

gsl

I call the results a fraud, as there was no Dodonpachi Campaign Edition option.  Or the Muchi Muchi Pork from the Fall 2007 matsuri with the Pink Sweets Bosses.  Or the tweaked Ketsui with ura-loop enemies, chips, and Doom right after Evaccaneer on the first loop.  Or...

In all seriousness, I'm glad to see Dodonpachi and Guwange make such a good showing in the separates list, but I'm not sure how I feel about the non-separates.  Ibara seems to be too much of a divided, love-it-or-hate-it title to be only 6 behind Guwange (and as much as I like Espgaluda and Deathsmiles I hardly think they're better than Guwange).  The people have spoken, however, and at least the list looks a bit more random than some of the stuff that turns up every so often on shmups.

Too bad DOJ BL didn't have a better showing, though I suppose its rarity--and the quality of the port--probably have something to do with that.

THE SHMUPER

why Ibara Arrange is not on the separate ver list? (at least Black Label)
and 8th in the non-sep? you are kidding me?

necpmf

Ibara Arrange is pretty weak compared to the original, yo. I've never played the number 1 of either list. :laugh: And I'm very surprised Guwange did so well on both lists.

EOJ

My score archive

THE SHMUPER

Yeah, i wasn't here in the voting.
Ibara kuro has the most beautiful scoring system of all cave games.

EOJ

I think you mean Ibara Arrange. Ibara Kuro's scoring is quite different from Ibara Arrange.
My score archive

THE SHMUPER

EOJ

Well, that's a really big difference, since it's the main scoring system in Kuro and it doesn't exist in Arrange. And no, it's not the only difference. The Baradise system is different, and there are lots of other differences in the gameplay (more bullets, the ability to suck in medals, etc).
My score archive

THE SHMUPER

I see, sorry, but only read the edited ver. of your IKBL review from Insomnia.

MX7

Great to see Guwange charting so high in amongst the Mushi's and the 'Pachi's. For me, it is the ultimate Cave game; great scoring system, gorgeous bullet patterns, amazing art direction/implementation. I think what makes it for me is the variation in bullet style/speed throughout. The Lazy Lobs of bullet spam on level 2 are quite unlike the brutally fast bullet spikes of the stage 5 boss. Every level has a completely different strategy, and controlling the shikigami while making quick bullet dodges makes it feel like you are playing two games at once. And nothing can beat the thrill of being in the centre of the screen, fending off bullets from both above and below at the same time  =D

skykid

If there was any justice DDP DOJ BL (PCB) would top the seperates list.  :P

Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away