Official Cave preorder update thread

Started by EOJ, November 21, 2010, 05:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Everyone needs a thread like this, so such discussion can stay outside of the proper threads. Post updates about preorders here including: when they are available in shops, when they begin processing orders, when they ship, when they arrive, and so on.

First up: my dodonpachi daifukkatsu preorder from play-asia has just shifted into "processing order" status.  :righton:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

emphatic

Great thread!  :righton:

For people who's new to pre-ordering from Videogameimports (the best import store if you're in Europe IMHO), you' won't receive any updates, but the day the game ships (the day of release in my experience) you'll see it in your bank account as money has been withdrawn.

Also, may I suggest that this thread is stickied? Perhaps the first post can contain the different stores available and what games are up for pre-order at the moment?

EOJ

I'll sticky it. As for the stores, all games currently for (pre)order through play-asia are on the site's console games page:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?page_id=82

Use cave-stg.com's affiliate link if you'd like to support the site!  :righton:

If you want to update the first post with links to other stores, feel free at any time. Edit away, use your MOD powers! :righton:
My score archive

HVL

Quote from: emphatic on November 21, 2010, 05:23:15 PM
Great thread!  :righton:

For people who's new to pre-ordering from Videogameimports (the best import store if you're in Europe IMHO), you' won't receive any updates, but the day the game ships (the day of release in my experience) you'll see it in your bank account as money has been withdrawn.

Also, may I suggest that this thread is stickied? Perhaps the first post can contain the different stores available and what games are up for pre-order at the moment?

Thanks for the info. This is my first time ordering from VGI, preordered the standard edition and hoping for a fast delivery within EU. My P-A preorder of the LE is getting processed too but I chose the cheap ass shipping which probably takes 3 weeks due to christmas.

sh00g

Ordered mine through shopncsx. It is still under the "Payment Received" status. I picked up USPS Priority Shipping so hopefully it'll come in within 2 days, or probably in my case not until next week.  :-X

njiska

Well HMV.co.jp says my DFK order is in Transit. Considering how fast my last EMS order was I expect it no later than Monday.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

Monouchi

Play asia "Preparing Order". :righton:
And I just finished my Egret II DFK marquee and move strip.  =D

SuperPang

Play Asia seem a little slow on this one. :(

EOJ

Quote from: SuperPang on November 24, 2010, 12:25:44 PM
Play Asia seem a little slow on this one. :(

Yeah, usually they ship it a couple days before release, but it's now the release date in Hong Kong time and still no shipping notice.  :(
My score archive

sh00g

Quote from: NCSX Blog Wednesday, November 24, 2010DoDonPachi Daifukkutsu 1.5 Shipped
Our Japanese vendors dispatched the regular and limited editions of DDPD 1.5 last night and the games are on the way. Please note however that tomorrow is the Thanksgiving Holiday in the States and UPS, Fedex, and the USPS are not working. The packages from Japan will however be moving through the system while everyone is eating turkey. NCS expects most if not all of our shipments to arrive on Friday of this week. Please note that Friday is only a half-day for UPS but we'll endeavor to get packages out.

http://ncsx.blogspot.com/

eps21

Just got my payment email from amiami, hope it gets sent out today =D

HVL

VGI update:

QuoteRegarding the arrival date: normally all of the Cave games have a Friday official street date in Japan and our suppliers send the games to us on Tuesday so that we can receive them by the Friday street date. We have recently found out that Tuesday was a bank holiday in Japan so our suppliers have only sent the games today (Wednesday), so we're not yet 100% certain that we'll receive the shipment on Friday, although we are hopeful. We should know for certain by tomorrow and will update this news item as soon as we find out.

:facepalm:

Aliquantic

Play Asia has confirmed that DFK is region locked as expected, and my order has now been shipped :)

EOJ

Mine just shipped too. As long as Thanksgiving doesn't slow down things, I should have this on Saturday.  :righton:
My score archive

Lusche

yeah mine shipped too ... but i dont expect it before monday :(

EOJ

I usually get them on Saturdays because there's a direct USPS flight from Hong Kong to Hawaii, so it's a bit faster than if I lived in the mainland USA.

I always pick Play-asia [+EMS shipping] for the Cave releases, as it's the only way I can get them by the weekend.
My score archive

Ast-Kot

Mine shipped too but I've to wait monday to play it cause UPS said to me that in Italy they don't deliver on saturday :o
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

lillin

Mine shipped too, it should arrive on monday ( atleast thats what fedex says). However, im sure it will get held up  in customs, so im not expecting to play this till wednesday :-\

HVL

Another VGI update:

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Looking Good For Friday / Provisional 12:00 Friday Order
While we still can't guarantee we'll receive the game tomorrow, it's looking likely.

However, with the adverse weather conditions, even if the game does get delivered tomorrow, it may arrive later than usual. Because of this, we may struggle to send out all orders in time, so we are placing a provisional deadline of 12:00 for new orders to be processed on Friday. If we have time, we'll process orders placed after this time but we're basically playing this as it's handed to us and we don't want to make promises we can't keep.

fuse

There was an update much earlier today saying that their package was out for delivery, presume that the radio silence since has been due to them being knee-deep in cardboard boxes and packing tape.

If I get mine in the post tomorrow, a happy man I shall be.

Dave_K.

I chose FedEx 3-Day shipping from Play-Asia, and it arrived this morning.

EOJ

Awesome. Maybe I should choose Fed-Ex next time. :)

My DFK is now in customs, but will hopefully pass through quickly and arrive tomorrow.
My score archive

Lusche

mehh no dfk for me this week :(
30h in air? and still counting ... packages from tokyo are way faster than from hk (16h)

where are you from Dave_K. ?

fuse

Supposedly VGI got all of their orders out today - mine is now in the hands of Royal Mail. *keeping fingers crossed*

Sapz

Amiami shipped mine this morning... I guess I won't be seeing it until Monday at the earliest. :'( Oh well, it'll be worth the wait. I guess now I know to pick a faster postage next time.

twoup

I just got DDP and it looks like play asia beat amiami.

EOJ

Looks great! Hope you enjoy it.  :) I'm tempted to pick up the LE because the box art is so much nicer.

My DFK finally cleared customs tonight, after 3 days there.  :whyioughtta: Not sure if it will arrive tomorrow, but should be here by Tuesday for sure. Longest time I've had to wait for a game via EMS through play-asia. It also went through San Fran customs instead of Hawaii customs, for some weird reason.  
My score archive

Lusche

argh mine is still in customs :(

next time ups for sure instead of ems ... you dont have to wait for customs if you order it with ups but you have to pay an extra fee for it ...
but i think it would still be cheaper than ems in total

SuperPang