Deathsmiles 2 - No disc no buy 2

Started by Kain Garland, May 19, 2011, 12:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kain Garland

Made another topic because and Admin didn't like what he read, well this is a discussion board so I'm here discussing.

Like I said, when I pay for a product I expect to have something I can hold.

Deathsmiles was released in disc form - sure I can import it, but if CAVE is releasing it in america they better do it right and treat us the same as the japanese market, if they release disc over there then they should release disc over here too.

I'm not entirely against digital distribution, but I am against this sort of move where a disc released game gets launched here in download form only.

I rather not support this game in particular because of this.

MS, Nintendo and SONY will at some time have to free up their server and start eliminating games or worse yet, not make XBLA, PSN games bought in this gen compatible with their next machine, or maybe they just decided to quit making consoles and stop their service.

At least STEAM guys have said that if they do ever close down, they would release a patch so that players can remove the drm from their STEAM bought games.

If I talk in plural its because other people think likewise, I know you may not agree with me but you are also not ALL the people so you can't speak for everyone either.

I'm not boycotting CAVE, as in I will still buy games that get proper release here, or maybe import some but I wont support this business practice they are doing with deathsmiles 2, and even if it pains me not to play it (not really) I won't because I wont bend over just because "its either this or nothing" well I prefer import then instead of ..... you know what im talking about.

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

Quote from: Kain Garland on May 19, 2011, 12:37:55 AM
but if CAVE is releasing it in america they better do it right and treat us the same as the japanese market,
Why on Earth would anyone do that?  They are different markets.