Main Menu

Ketsui [CAVE 2003, PCB]

Started by EOJ, May 20, 2008, 10:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Wasn't sure where to put this, so what the heck, I'll open up the official Ketsui Arcade thread here.

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

KOMA

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M3E39IW3
Somes BGM like "are you ready"- "Power up" etc...
password is ketsui to unzip.

EOJ

Just saw this score:

Here:

http://www9.plala.or.jp/nakanoryuzo/HS/Front.html
http://www9.plala.or.jp/nakanoryuzo/HS/RANK/0/1/KETUI.html

The guy's score is 650. He's playing through the game without shooting, trying to clear the first loop with the lowest score possible.
So far he can make it to stage 2, but he says "a 1-loop superplay DVD is planned". Interesting.
My score archive

JAPJAC

Quote from: KOMA on August 26, 2008, 05:25:55 AM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M3E39IW3
Somes BGM like "are you ready"- "Power up" etc...
password is ketsui to unzip.

Thank you very much KOMA, I can see that coming in useful one day.

I must say though that in all my years of Ketsui, I have never heard "Just a couple more shots!" ever.

I must be Mutt 'n' Jeff.

gsl

Quote from: EOJ on December 30, 2009, 12:13:28 AMHe's playing through the game without shooting, trying to clear the first loop with the lowest score possible.
I take it this means there's a self-destruct/time out for the bosses, then?  I know it's the case with Vinogradov, but didn't realize it happened with other bosses.

EOJ

My score archive

brentsg

Hrm, might be time to buy one again.

Joe T.

I kind of think $350-400 is about the most I'd spend on a Ketsui PCB (It's just not my type of game), but for it to drop below current DOJ PCB prices would be pretty interesting.  Imagine the frenzy it would cause on the shmups forum trading station. 

skykid

Quote from: Joe T. on September 06, 2010, 02:46:49 AM
I kind of think $350-400 is about the most I'd spend on a Ketsui PCB (It's just not my type of game), but for it to drop below current DOJ PCB prices would be pretty interesting.  Imagine the frenzy it would cause on the shmups forum trading station. 

It would be a kill spree.
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

markedkiller78

Having owned the pcb twice, I can't help but agree with EOJ (and I'm a low level guy) the port is excellent and the pcb is overpriced.

So, buy or sell frenzy?

evil_ash_xero

I never keep up with PCB costs(I don't have a cab), so I was wondering what was the price of this pre-port and post-port?

brentsg

I'd say the bookend prices are likely $1200 and that $415 (plus fees) for YAJ.

Those would be extremes.  I think $1000 and $600 might be better ballparks with the odd bargain.

EOJ

Ketsui emulation is real now, though the ships are all messed up (they come from the bottom of the screen?). Vid in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YqtLgfQxSU

Still a ways from being really playable, but a nice start.
My score archive

jyumi

It's getting there, much further than I thought they were. Kinda amusing to see the enemies and objects coming from the opposite end.  :laugh:
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

rtw

Quote from: EOJ on November 03, 2010, 02:03:00 AM
Ketsui emulation is real now, though the ships are all messed up (they come from the bottom of the screen?). Vid in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YqtLgfQxSU

Still a ways from being really playable, but a nice start.

The ARM7 is still needed for accurate emulation, it looks like it works like a lookup table where
the 68k "asks" the ARM7 for which address to jump to. You can do a lot with blackboxing
but if you want it perfect the ARM7 needs to be decapped.

At the current point in time the driver has been removed from the FBA sources to avoid
any legal issues towards the team from CAVE.
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

EOJ

Looks like emulation works almost perfectly now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuTQiUO-gbk

The rom seems to be on the net, and people are playing it. Anyone try it out yet?
My score archive

phrenzee

I've briefly tried it. I have not played either the PCB nor the port, so I have nothing to compare it to though. It seems to play smoothly although the sound is a bit glitchy and the quality is poor. I'm looking forward to playing this a lot and it'll keep me from whining for a bit about the non-region free port  >:D

Third_strike

Van_Artic

i played it, aside from the music (they will probably fix it in mame 0.140u3) it runs smoothly  :righton:

Third_strike

:-[ Sorry, played in one CRT monitor now and the games look OK!

emphatic

I really look forward to trying Ketsui in MAME. Does anyone know how fast the computer has to be to run it without added slowdown? A really exciting time for CAVE fans who have no means of playing the PCB/port.

Aliquantic

Ketsui runs at full speed on my laptop 2ghz underclocked at 1ghz (other than a short slowdown during the introduction) and can still hit 150-200% speed unthrottled, so it's pretty much the same as most MAME games and not very demanding.

TheSoundofRed

I've compiled MAME with the 140u2 update and revised PGM files to work with SDLMame on my Macbook Pro. As far as I can tell, Ketsui and DOJ and DOJBL run smoothly. As I never played Ketsui or DOJBL I can't really compare them to anything, but DOJ plays similarly to the PS2 port. It's not to say there are no problems, but I've yet to run in to any.

I've only been able to reach 7mil by the end of 1-1. Gonna probably play a good portion of this flight back to Boston from LA. Gotta love Virgin America!

KOMA

Quote from: TheSoundofRed on December 12, 2010, 02:05:20 AM
I've compiled MAME with the 140u2 update and revised PGM files to work with SDLMame on my Macbook Pro.
You kind sir,
Is it possible to make a small .rar pack?I'd love to play those games on my Macbook Pro but i'm a total noob with emulator  :-[

NR777

I've tried it out...but I'll have to wait until the next MAMEUI patch because the enemies are spawning in backwards. 

emphatic

Quote from: NR777 on December 12, 2010, 05:30:11 AM
I've tried it out...but I'll have to wait until the next MAMEUI patch because the enemies are spawning in backwards. 

You need to use a fresh binary with the u3 diff compiled in. I played this today in my cabinet and it's as good as the port gameplay-wise. I say this because the emulation runs a bit too fast, so it's closer to the port so far.  :laugh:

ave

Quote from: KOMA on December 12, 2010, 04:29:14 AM
Quote from: TheSoundofRed on December 12, 2010, 02:05:20 AM
I've compiled MAME with the 140u2 update and revised PGM files to work with SDLMame on my Macbook Pro.
You kind sir,
Is it possible to make a small .rar pack?I'd love to play those games on my Macbook Pro but i'm a total noob with emulator  :-[

Yeah, seconded. I would love to, but I have not much of an idea of how all that mame stuff really works  :rolleyes:

I was able to play it on emulated WinXP (Parallels) though and it ran rather smoothly. Not like the original though, there was some sprite flicker and a certain feeling of slowdown. I guess the OS emulation was a little too much.
東亜プラン4ライフ

croikle

http://www.filedropper.com/mame_2
Here's my Intel Mac SDLMame executable, 140u2 with Haze's patches.

NR777

Quote from: emphatic on December 12, 2010, 07:25:06 AM
Quote from: NR777 on December 12, 2010, 05:30:11 AM

You need to use a fresh binary with the u3 diff compiled in. I played this today in my cabinet and it's as good as the port gameplay-wise. I say this because the emulation runs a bit too fast, so it's closer to the port so far.  :laugh:

Got it to work, and I have to say...Ketsui is incredibly fun.  I love the scoring system.  I'm glad I can finally play this.

ave

I don't really get SDLmame to work. I've never understood how all that binary stuff should be put together, but right now the problems seems to be that I don't have a mame.ini file anywhere, hell not even a ROM folder. MAME OSX' setup is so easy, why can't SDLmame be alike? ;_;
東亜プラン4ライフ