Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu [CAVE 2008]

Started by EOJ, January 28, 2008, 03:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MX7

Ikaruga's lasers and intensity mixed with Cave's bullet storms equals all my prayers being answered.

Also: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=KXhSYYsN26w&feature=related

The cardboard pants really take fetishism to the next level...

KOMA

lowemark

thanks a bunch KOMA!

downloading it right now at a blazing 20kb/s :/

Plasmo

I've officially fallen in love with this game.:whyioughtta:

Max

downloading at 20k?s too.

thanx for the vids KOMA!

edit: watched. Wow...WOW...WWWOOOWWW!!! Amazing!

EOJ

The download link Koma gave us was wonderful. Great quality vid. Having the DDP bosses as secret midbosses is beyond cool.

I'm still not totally clear on how the hit counter works - in some parts it reduces a la Mushi, other times it will completely reset.

It will be nice to see Stage 4 (and 5, I would presume) sometime soon. I'm sure there's another loop in this game as well. It wouldn't be Donpachi without it.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

MrMonkeyMan

Looks to me like you will lose your chain completely if you have a hyper in stock and your meter empties.  Otherwise it will just drop really fast.  Guess Cave wants you to use those hypers.  You can apparently keep your chain when you bomb as well.

The only things I've seen where the actual number of your chain matters is when you collect medals in hyper mode and the end of stage bonus.

Very cool video too.

Budloc

thanks KOMA for the vid, this game seems really great (and hard).

Are the black attacks "hypers" ? it seems to work differently than in DOJ.

Gwyrgyn

I really can't get over how awesome the game looks... and how terribly out of place the bosses are. I mean seriously... a screechy spinning maid with a serving tray that fires bullets out of her dress. In what is otherwise entirely a military themed shooter. How much I love how the rest of the game looks is about how much I dislike the bosses. :/

Quote from: MrMonkeyManLooks to me like you will lose your chain completely if you have a hyper in stock and your meter empties.  Otherwise it will just drop really fast.  Guess Cave wants you to use those hypers.  You can apparently keep your chain when you bomb as well.
That's what I said back at the first loke test, but I think Gaijinpunch said that he didn't agree.

EOJ

Watched the video again and noticed that ST1 and ST3 have the same music. I guess they haven't finished putting in the music for Stages 3, 4 and 5?
My score archive

MX7

Either that, or it's DoDonpachi all over again :P

Kaneda

Can someone upload the video to megaupload? The link KOMA posted isn't working for me.

DED

my blog <- with EXY fanart :>

jpj

awesome, thanks DED (and thanks to Koma too) :D

Kaneda

slateman

Is it me or is this game totally insane?  I have always loved DOJ's difficulty, but this just seems like it's x10.  The visuals are utterly wild too.  I haven't played anything since Ibara, so maybe I'm just out of the loop, but this looks crazy.  Too bad I'll never play it.  :)

GaijinPunch

It's actually easier than DOJ (from what little I've played).  The scoring is obviously more forgiving as there are conditions where you can hold the chain where it would've gone to zero in DOJ.  Also, even though the bullets are out of hand when in hyper mode, you can cancel them by simply shooting them.  Lasers can be repelled with your laser.  Of course, I've only gotten halfway through stage 3, but that's on about 4 or 5 credits ever.

sven666

i dont think it looks more difficult than DOJ at all.. to me it looks more on par with futari maniac in terms of difficulty.

freddiebamboo

I'm glad they've knocked the difficulty down a touch, or at least made the scoring system slightly less unforgiving.  

I don't think going harder than DOJ was really needed.

Shion

Just wait until you see the third loop of this game guys ;)

slateman

Well, that first boss video was pretty impressive.

The visuals have clearly been kicked up a notch.  The game looks positively incredible.  And I know that videos don't do it justice.  As for difficulty, *could* it have gotten harder than DOJ?  :)

EOJ

The Daifukkatsu loke tests continue! The current one is at Game Apple and Adores (Kanagawa), from May 3-6.
My score archive

sven666

seems like theyre doing some proper testing with thisone and thank fuck for that.. must admit ive been pretty pissed at cave and all their revisions with the latest games.. like pink sweets.. ridiculous!! :/

GaijinPunch

QuoteGame Apple
You know it's far when it's got a parking lot.  Shizuoka, in this case.

gsl

Man, I missed my chance when Cave had it at that place in Shinjuku.  Now it keeps getting farther and farther away from what's accessable!

But this seems like they're going pretty all-out; have any of their prior loke-tests ever gone outside the Tokyo area (or outside of a single arcade for that matter?)

EOJ

Yeah. Pink Sweets at least had loke tests outside of Tokyo.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quite often, actually.  "Big" loke tests will generally be in Tokyo + Osaka, and maybe Fukuoka (and from time to time Chiba & Kanagawa).  The latter two are very populated areas... just somewhat domestic.

SuperPang

2 weeks to go!
Quote from: SuperPangAnyone had an invoice from Fujita yet? I've not had a reply.
:|

Sycada

I'll be really keen to hear what you folks picking it up on day 1 have to say about it when it hits. :D I'm not likely to be playing it before Xmas.
I think I'll pick up Ketsui between now and then as I've yet to experience it and wait for the price to lower on DFK

SuperPang