Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 [JP X360, 11/25/2010]

Started by EOJ, August 14, 2010, 02:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phrenzee

There's probably nothing to it, but I just saw this on the cave_world_en twitter feed - some guy asking to please make DFK region free or release it in Europe. Cave's response:
QuoteLet these guys know! @risingstargames :) RT

Rising Star Games response:
QuoteI don't have it on my public release schedule

As I said, there's probably nothing to it, but it definately seems like RSG has some kind of cooperation with Cave. Exciting  ;)

EOJ

Definitely won't be region free (RF Cave games are over for good), but I'd be really surprised if it wasn't localized for US & Europe some time in 2011.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

njiska

Quote from: EOJ on September 21, 2010, 04:06:50 PM
Definitely won't be region free (RF Cave games are over for good), but I'd be really surprised if it wasn't localized for US & Europe some time in 2011.

Not that that is necessarily a good thing as Deathsmiles shows.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

EOJ

I couldn't stand waiting 6-12 months when I knew the game was playable on a JP X360. I don't know how some of you guys do it!
My score archive

phrenzee

A matter of money really. I can't justify spending that much money to play a few games. Not now, that is.  :-\

brentsg

I couldn't stand waiting 6-12 months when I knew the game was playable on a PCB. I don't know how some of you guys do it!

HVL

Looks stellar. The upgraded graphics are really cool and the Arr A might be good too.

njiska

Quote from: phrenzee on September 21, 2010, 05:04:39 PM
A matter of money really. I can't justify spending that much money to play a few games. Not now, that is.  :-\

It comes down to commitment. if you really love something you'll find a way. In my case i sort of had extra cash because of a company bonus. I also found someone in Japan to act as a proxy for an Amazzon.jp order. saved a lot of cash that way.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

Medal

Quote from: njiska on September 21, 2010, 08:02:32 PM
Quote from: phrenzee on September 21, 2010, 05:04:39 PM

It comes down to commitment. if you really love something you'll find a way. In my case i sort of had extra cash because of a company bonus. I also found someone in Japan to act as a proxy for an Amazzon.jp order. saved a lot of cash that way.

Video games are the last thing I should be spending money on at this point, but I've still managed to get my hands on every CAVE port so far (since the PS2, anyway). I was lucky to find a cheap JP360 in the US (even though it's a launch model - yikes!), and I fully plan on getting Daifukkatsu and, more importantly, Pink Sweets + MMP.

The biggest problem is going to be getting through all the games I want to before the DFK port comes out ^_-

KOA

Lunchbox

Quote from: Medal on September 21, 2010, 10:24:36 AM
Not only that, but both DOJ ships are playable in Arrange A, as seen in the trailer Lunchbox posted. The A ship looks so manly.

Didn't notice this, cool feature (let's assume both ships are included ). Let's see how the B ship looks, worst ship design in the series since DP (IMO).
No arcades in Spain.

EOJ

New blog post by Asada:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2010/09/post-d4d2.html

He says they plan to finish the MASTER VER and submit it to MS for approval by the end of next week. He also says they implemented various ideas and suggestions from Mihara in the Arrange modes, so we should look forward to it.
My score archive

moozooh

Quote from: EOJ on September 24, 2010, 03:05:03 PM
He also says they implemented various ideas and suggestions from Mihara in the Arrange modes, so we should look forward to it.

Sounds good! Seems like these arrange modes are indeed to look forward to. :righton:

Then again, if one of them is like DOJ and another has a shitton of bullets, I'm already looking forward to them!
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Animaitor

Does anyone know if Messe Sanoh, Sofmap, etc. will release Daifukkatsu with telephone cards?

CIB

Quote from: EOJ on September 24, 2010, 03:05:03 PM
He also says they implemented various ideas and suggestions from Mihara in the Arrange modes, so we should look forward to it.

Lol, now that he canceled tetris grand master 4, he has time for Cave ports :)

EOJ

He just tossed out some ideas when Asada and Ikeda took him out for dinner one night.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

bcass

Weird that it says "Resurrection" given that it's only the iPhone version that has that title.  Maybe evidence that an Western version exists, or is being worked on?

EOJ

It says that on the game's title screen too. I wouldn't read too much into it.
My score archive

HVL

Yep, the little boxes say "resurrection" in the DFK OST jackets too. It's nothing new.

As for the theme, Less mechas and more half-naked element dolls I say!

SuperPang

lillin

WOW that theme will be prob the first one i buy :o

HVL

Gotta see more of the theme before making the decision, I quite like the Futari theme I bought. Getting the Ai gamerpic if I have extra points, though.

Medal

Quote from: KOA on October 16, 2010, 01:43:15 PM
Woah.
What is this all about and how do I obtain one?!

Insane. Great find. "Wine cup" and "1994" made me chuckle. They'll probably be absurdly expensive, though.

HVL

Quote from: Medal on October 16, 2010, 03:56:28 PM
Quote from: KOA on October 16, 2010, 01:43:15 PM
Woah.
What is this all about and how do I obtain one?!

Insane. Great find. "Wine cup" and "1994" made me chuckle. They'll probably be absurdly expensive, though.

Those things are way cool. There's a price on the site and it's 3300 yen incl. tax.

skykid

Score and name engraved dogtags. Somehow, that is actually very cool, but fuck, you'd look like a total asshead explaining it to someone while it's hanging around your neck.  :whyioughtta:

Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

CIB

damn, I'd love to have one of those for my tetris grand master scores  :righton: :righton:

EOJ

The Cave shop will sell two special LEs of the game: The SE LE includes a telephone card, while the LE LE includes the telephone card and a "trading card instructions". You can see pictures of the telephone card, the DLC card, the trading card instructions, and the soundtrack CD bundled with the LE here:

http://cave-gameshow.cocolog-nifty.com/caveshop/2010/10/xbox-360ver15-8.html

The cover of the soundtrack CD is pretty rad.

These will be available for preorder sale starting at 12 noon on Oct 29, and running through Oct 31 (JAPAN only). Typical scenario: they will sell out in 5 minutes and cause the servers to crash.
My score archive

emphatic