Main Menu

Deathsmiles Xbox 360 port!

Started by EOJ, August 27, 2008, 05:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seiatsu

My game finally arrived yesterday. I've enjoyed what little i got to play thus far.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows what this xbl card that came with it gets me?

Megalixir

It gives you voices for Xbox 360 mode's dialogue cutscenes.

And only Xbox 360 mode for some reason.

Is it better to use the lockshot independently? Using A + B seems to have a slightly different effect.

EOJ

Quote from: Megalixir on May 01, 2009, 02:12:08 AM

Is it better to use the lockshot independently? Using A + B seems to have a slightly different effect.

Are you talking about ver 1.1? I've not tried assigning lockshot to a separate button. I doubt there's any difference though.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Megalixir

Nah, Xbox 360 mode. All the top replays seem to destroy enemies that need to be killed with the lockshot, with their option and then they hold down the lockshot button by itself. I find it pretty tedious to do this way, so I just use A + B and get as close to the enemies as possible as Windia.

Also, my JP friend told me that CAVE have announced that they're going to fix the online netcode, but MBL is delayed because of it. Sounds good enough to me.

EOJ

Quote from: Megalixir on May 01, 2009, 04:26:51 AM
Nah, Xbox 360 mode. All the top replays seem to destroy enemies that need to be killed with the lockshot, with their option and then they hold down the lockshot button by itself. I find it pretty tedious to do this way, so I just use A + B and get as close to the enemies as possible as Windia.

This is the same thing people did in the arcade version (at least with Windia and Rosa). You have to do it for a good score. I just hold down A+B (or if you put it on a separate button, whatever), which is what those guys are doing.

As for the patch, they're fixing a variety of things (including the problem with the disc spinning once you install it to a hdd, and the 1UP glitch), and it's due at the end of May or early June. Too bad MBL got delayed because of it!

One last thing: Mihara mentioned two more secret achievements - one is getting 200+mil in Arcade or X360 mode, the other is getting 300+mil. Good luck on that last one.
My score archive

Megalixir

I don't mind, part of why I pay for Xbox Gold is to play cooperatively or competitively with the games I purchase. If I can't do that, there isn't much purpose in paying for it.

How come only Windia and Rosa requires you to kill things with your option and then use the lock shot? I've only really been using Windia so far, because I like her option's movement. Still, killing enemies with only your option is pretty irritating at times.

adverse

Quote from: adverse on April 30, 2009, 08:52:11 AM
Last Remnant narrowly beats Tales of Vesparia with 102,107 sold first week.

Pretty nice breakdown of all the first week numbers and year-on-year sales in the latest Fami360 since the 360 just broke 1 million consoles sold here.

Just a correction to this:

Turns out SO4 had the highest single week sales for a 360 title, at 160,000 or so. 

EOJ

Quote from: Megalixir on May 01, 2009, 04:37:10 AM

How come only Windia and Rosa requires you to kill things with your option and then use the lock shot? I've only really been using Windia so far, because I like her option's movement. Still, killing enemies with only your option is pretty irritating at times.

Their option shot trails and lingers on an enemy for a few seconds. You can do it in some cases with Casper and Follett as well, but their play styles (due to their options) involve more direct lock-shot use. I use Windia in ver 1.1, and Follett in the other modes.
My score archive

Megalixir

Ah crap damn hell. I liked this game way more prior to testing Follett out. Not much reason to work with Windia in comparison.

How do Sakura's options work? Forward makes them go back, going back makes them go forwards and shooting locks them into place?

hermosaguy

Quote from: Megalixir on May 01, 2009, 04:34:03 PM
Ah crap damn hell. I liked this game way more prior to testing Follett out. Not much reason to work with Windia in comparison.

How do Sakura's options work? Forward makes them go back, going back makes them go forwards and shooting locks them into place?

I actually prefer her the best over the others because of her options, especially playing with the suicide bullets.

EOJ

According to this article:

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20090501_167987.html

The DS port has sold over 30,000 copies as of today.
My score archive

Megalixir

Quote from: hermosaguy on May 01, 2009, 11:40:58 PMI actually prefer her the best over the others because of her options, especially playing with the suicide bullets.

Prefer who the best?

hermosaguy

Quote from: EOJ on May 02, 2009, 04:50:24 AM

That is a super healthy number that will warrant more shooting games on the 360 :)

EOJ

Quote from: hermosaguy on May 02, 2009, 01:30:14 PM
Quote from: EOJ on May 02, 2009, 04:50:24 AM

That is a super healthy number :)

Yeah, and it's only been out a week!
My score archive

EOJ

Finally figured out the score saving bug thanks to 2Ch. It's really annoying. I put the info on the DS strat page:

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=571.0
My score archive

seiatsu

On the leaderboards, I find it odd that the top 360 mode score is quite a bit lower than the top arcade score.

Also in regards to leaderboards, i find it odd that I haven't seen the scores change since the day I bought the game. With so many copies sold, are people really not playing?

I also find it odd that restart (at least in 360 mode, not sure about the others) restarts you at the beginning of your current stage with whatever points, lives, bombs, bonuses, etc that you had when you initially started that stage. I would think it would restart you with a clean slate at the beginning. Doesn't this allow for score boosting?

Megalixir

Yes, it does.

But you can't restart if you're playing on the leaderboards, so it can't be exploited. It's stupid either way, "restart" should mean restart the game, and it should work that way for both.

EOJ

I got a 4.7bil score in ver 1.1 with Windia (No EX). It is ranked #14 overall, but if you change the last option to "Monthly" instead of "overall", it is ranked #5, and from there you can download and watch my replay.  :righton:
My score archive

SuperPang

I got an odd bug yesterday. An Xbox Live error message that proceeded to kick me out of score attack during a run. Didn't sign me out of Live or anything, connection was fine.

GaijinPunch

Got 3.6 bil w/ Follet just a second ago. Didn't beat the boss, b/c I mapped the bomb to some weird shit and lost two lives w/o bombing. :(  I know, I suck.  Next time.  Only had one death preboss, and that was on the castle.  W/ the counter at 92k, dying there really hurts.

KOMA

Quote from: EOJ on May 03, 2009, 01:11:18 AM
I got a 4.7bil score in ver 1.1 with Windia (No EX). It is ranked #14 overall, but if you change the last option to "Monthly" instead of "overall", it is ranked #5, and from there you can download and watch my replay.  :righton:
I saw your replay,couple stage,you don't use a proper button for your option do you?

EOJ

Quote from: KOMA on May 03, 2009, 02:02:24 PM

I saw your replay,couple stage,you don't use a proper button for your option do you?

I use four buttons: left shot, right shot, option, power up. I don't have a bomb button, and I use lock shot with A+B. I only use the option
button after I kill bosses and suck up all the suicide bullets.
My score archive

KOMA

That's what i thought,obviously it is the only way to play with a stick. I'm at 730M for now :/

Megalixir

1.1 is great. Too bad you can't practice any of the stages though.

I'm at 1.7bill with Windia, which is ranked 100 or something on the leaderboards. Dying is not an option if you want to score properly. Even once, it can take off 20k from your multiplier. Ouch.

EOJ

I died a couple times in the first 6 stages in my 4.7bil run. If I didn't, it would have been over 5bil, probably near 6bil.
I think I'd be happy with a 6+bil ALL (No EX). Just gotta keep playing for a run where everything falls into place.
My score archive

rtw

Quote from: Megalixir on May 03, 2009, 04:21:22 PM

Hey Megalixir, where did you find that icon for your avatar ? :D
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

EOJ

Just got 4.76bil, with a Clear (had 3 spare lives left as well). Too bad I had a lousy lakeside (with one death), and a subpar Castle.

My score archive

Megalixir

Quote from: rtw on May 03, 2009, 04:42:41 PM
Quote from: Megalixir on May 03, 2009, 04:21:22 PM

Hey Megalixir, where did you find that icon for your avatar ? :D

From this image:

Anyway I'm currently rank 60 with 1.96 bill, hopefully I'll be able to reach 2 bill soon. Having a couple of issues with the volcano boss but I'll figure it out.

GaijinPunch

In 1.1, are the skull values the same as 1.0?  Wouldn't that mean I really don't want to let things break until I'm up in the 70k or so counter zone?

EOJ

Yes, skulls are the same value as in the regular mode, but when you are in power up mode you should always let them break (just like regular DS). When you're not in power up mode, you don't want any large skulls to break.
My score archive