Main Menu

Deathsmiles Xbox 360 port!

Started by EOJ, August 27, 2008, 05:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaijinPunch

EOJ

Here's a scan of the Xbox mag, two blurry pics of Bloody Jitterbug's attacks are in the bottom right of the page:

Taken from this link:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/shinsha3/archives/834954.html
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

A Japanese dude fought Bloody Jitterbug:

http://runark2.blog69.fc2.com/

He says he played from 7am-6pm, and used restarts over and over until he could get through each stage with a no miss.
He didn't get the achievement (you can't use restarts there), but is happy just to have fought the TLB. He put the first part
of the vid up on Nico today, the other 4 parts will be up over the coming week, with the final one, showing the TLB fight, to be
put up next saturday.

My score archive

Megalixir

Bloody Jitterbug: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7204367

He misses the cake for some reason, I don't know why. All patterns are, obviously, altered as they're Lv999.

EOJ

He avoids the cake because he has 4.5 life blocks. It's a good strategy to avoid it for awhile in case you die (or die on purpose after awhile) if you have more than 3.5/5 on your life gauge, that way you get a max life gauge and a full bomb stock from the cake after damage has been dealt to Tyrannosatan. Lots of players do this in their replays.

It's pretty weird that you can give bomb damage to Bloody Jitterbug. No Cave TLB before this takes bomb damage.

I think they messed up this TLB. Should have been just a 1CC rather than No Miss requirement to get to him. There's no score incentive to fight him, so it doesn't seem worth all the trouble. His bullet patterns are nothing exciting either.
My score archive

Megalixir

Also uploaded here, for people without nico accounts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG6KQtIFsps&fmt=18

For a pretty ridiculous requirement, the boss being fairly easy is fucking hilarious.

GaijinPunch

From the videos I've seen of Spirtual Larsa, she's not that hard.  The condition isn't nearly as hard as this though.

EOJ

Spiritual Larsa is harder than this. At least you can't bomb on her!
My score archive

Megalixir

Thinking about this boss some more, really, what is the point of this boss existing in the first place? No bonus, makes you strategic bomb a bunch, and only makes the stage longer.

This isn't in the MBL board, right?

EOJ

It's in the PCB version.

Here's a better vid of Bloody Jitterbug, showing his patterns in more detail:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7205037

You get 50mil when you beat him.
My score archive

Megalixir

So I 1cc'd 1.1 as per my post on shmups, and the achievement didn't unlock. Does anyone know why this is happening? I unlocked a few (16?) then it stopped working, then I turned automatic saving off and it worked perfectly. Now I've gotten the majority of them, they're no longer unlocking. Normally I wouldn't worry, but I think 1ccing 1.1 is an achievement. Since it's there, and since I should have obtained it already, I don't understand why it's still all glitchy.

Though EOJ, you did mention that having the game installed to your HDD can have an effect on this. I'd like to know how. The only thing I can think of is the current laser issue, and once the patch is out, it'll fix that, thus fixing this problem as well. Right?

EOJ

You can only get that "1CC ver 1.1 all at rank 3 w/ the Canyon" achievement in PLAY mode (won't work in SCORE ATTACK). I found that out the hard way. I also mention this in the DS 'achievements' list in the strategy forum.

I'm not sure about the 200mil and 300mil achievements - I think I got both in PLAY mode as well (well I know I got the 300mil one in PLAY, but I don't remember the 200mil one).

I think I was wrong about the "installing on the hdd" thing - it's not listed on the Japanese wiki as something you need to avoid to save the game properly and unlock achievements.
My score archive

adverse

So you work really hard for your 300 mil achievement and if it's in Score Attack mode, you just don't get it.  Bad programming, jeez.

Whoever was manning the achievement flags on this really dropped the ball.

EOJ

Not sure about the 300mil one (most people will never get this anyway). The only one I know you definitely can't get in Score Attack is the ver 1.1 EX 1CC. I wonder if they'll fix this in the patch.

My score archive

EOJ

New blog post:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2009/06/index.html

Still no final word on when the patch will be released. He mentions he would like to make DSMBL ver 1.1 - but is not sure he has the time to do it. Some ideas he has are: adding manual control of the option, changing the position of Sakura's options (putting one in front and one behind), and changing some of the crowns. Doesn't sound like anything worthwhile as of now.
My score archive

EOJ

According to vgchartz.com, total sales for DS as of May 24th are now 35,488.
My score archive

Megalixir

I'm fairly sure that the scoring milestone achievements wouldn't unlock in score attack.

I'm not sure how I feel about a 1.1 version of MBL. It would definitely make all other characters aside from Sakura irrelevant, and I don't like that. It would be nice if they added Sakura to the current 1.1, though.

EOJ

Quote from: Megalixir on June 03, 2009, 12:11:34 AM
I'm fairly sure that the scoring milestone achievements wouldn't unlock in score attack.

Nope. Just did a SCORE ATTACK run in my JP account (which I never used for DS achievements prior). Both the 100mil and 200mil achievements unlocked during the run. I only scored 281mil, so didn't make it to the 300mil mark.

My score archive

EOJ

There is a new high score in the online "Arcade EX ON" overall ranking. It's by LES, with Follett, and the final score is 561mil.
What is interesting is he does not use the technique of staying at 1000 on the item counter and not entering power up mode throughout the Canyon and Castle. Instead, he scores normally in these stages.

I find this quite enlightening as it shows you don't have to go the "no power up" route to have a very high EX score.

LES's end of stage scores:

end of first 6 stages: 281mil
end of Canyon: 341mil
end of Castle (before Jitterbug): 530mil

Compare Dame K.K.'s scores in his 636mil WR run on the official DVD:

end of first 6 stages: 295mil
end of Canyon: 342mil
end of Castle (before Jitterbug): 591mil

So LES actually scores better on the canyon, but misses 60mil by the end of the castle. With an optimal run, he could pull out around 600mil. Not enough for the WR, but still an awesome score.

Moral of the story: unless you think you have the skills to compete in WR level scores, you're probably better off just playing the last two stages normally, at least with Follett.

My score archive

zlk

Quote from: EOJ on May 31, 2009, 03:13:48 AM
It's in the PCB version.

Here's a better vid of Bloody Jitterbug, showing his patterns in more detail:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7205037

You get 50mil when you beat him.

Bloody Jitterbug is in the PCB version? Any videos of this?

EOJ

No videos I'm aware of. He'd be the same as in the port, so you won't gain much from seeing him in the PCB version.
My score archive

adverse

So if Bloody Jitterbug is in the PCB version, can we say that DSMBL includes one of CAVE's hardest modes ever made if nobody was able to 1-life all the 999 levels?  I mean, we're finally seeing this boss 7 months after the PCB came out.  Did other TLBs take this long?

Or perhaps there just wasn't enough interest in MBL in the arcades to uncover him.

EOJ

Probably more the latter. There's no score incentive to fight him, unlike all of the previous TLBs (even Spiritual Larsa). It's also easily the hardest requirement for a TLB Cave has ever devised.

I bet one of the most skilled players in Japan, such as SWY, will give it a go and reach the TLB on the PCB soon.

I do remember reading on the 2Ch thread soon after the PCB was released that some guys where trying to 1 life the game at rank 999, as they thought a TLB would appear. No one was able to do it, and I'm not sure why they though this would be a requirement (maybe someone from Cave told them?).
My score archive

charlienash87

Quote from: EOJ on June 06, 2009, 11:15:52 PM
It's also easily the hardest requirement for a TLB Cave has ever devised.

what exactly is the requirement for the TLB?
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

EOJ

It's posted on the previous page of this thread.
My score archive

charlienash87

for some reason i thought that was just a 360 achievement, not the unlocking mechanism for the TLB itself. thanks EOJ
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

EOJ

The patch will be available sometime between tomorrow and next week, according to the latest blog post. We could get it tomorrow if we're lucky, it just depends on when MS wants to drop it.

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2009/06/post-e45e.html

Here is everything this patch will fix or add:

FIXED:

-Problem with the disc spinning when game is installed on the hdd

-Problem where DLC and save data had to be on the same storage device - now you can put each on separate devices (hdd and memory card)

-Problem with scores being wiped when you start a game from "SCORE ATTACK" mode

-Glitch where if you get a life item when you have 1 life block remaining, and you die at the same time you collect that life item and the game freezes

-Online coop

-Inability to view Sakura-only rankings in MBL

-Some problems with the replays

-Glitch where slowdown occurs continually after a game over.

ADDED:

-Mega Black Label replay saving, and upload/downloads on the leaderboard

-D4 and above compatibility for VGA displays

-A sound chimes when a player enters a room in coop mode (when connecting).

Too bad there's no MBL training mode, but they never mentioned they were going to add it before, so it's no surprise.
My score archive

adverse

So let's see, it took a little over 1 month for this patch AND MBL to go out.  Granted, MBL was in development the whole time but...

Honestly, 5pb what the fuck.  Are they even planning on patching BLEX anymore??  No news whatsoever.  What an incompetent and pathetic company.

GaijinPunch

-D4 and above compatibility for VGA displays

What does this mean exactly?

EOJ

Beats me. It probably fixes the problems people had with displaying this game properly on a VGA monitor.
My score archive