-Arrange A
-Arrange B

pics sourced from here: http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1238860_1124.html
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

Preorders will come with a DLC for ver 1.51. No word on BL yet.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

HVL

EOJ

Andriasang.com is saying the DLC is only being given to people who attended the Cave festival today.
Of course this is not correct. It's a preorder DLC card that will come with every 1st print copy, so don't worry.
My score archive

HVL

I hope there will be a stick w/ Seimitsu LS-32 and Sanwa OBSF-30 buttons. I'd so buy it.

fuse

I'm guessing they've not been in touch with Monouchi about licensing out the design of his DFK-BL stick  :(

dimmu--borgir

Finally! FINALLY! Waited so long for this announcement. I'm soo happy!

Monouchi

Finally I can change my sign!  =D
Great news....lets hope for BL.

Is it HD?

Lusche

omg its dfk ... and its this year :righton:
no BL for now but hope there will be a at least a dlc if not included with the game

sh00g

supergrafx

njiska

Quote from: Lusche on August 14, 2010, 08:57:43 AM
omg its dfk ... and its this year :righton:
no BL for now but hope there will be a at least a dlc if not included with the game
I'd venture a guess this is going to be the same deal as Futari and Deathsmiles where the BL DLC is released a month or so later for 1200 MSP.

Count me in for the LE as I love Cave OSTs and 1.51 sounds like an interesting play mode. Any word yet on whether or not this is an internal Cave port or being handled by someone with a little more consistent track record?
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

brentsg

CIB

SuperPang

HVL

In after obligatory region free comment.

--

DFK 360 vs Arcade graphics comparision:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1238727_1124.html

I think Futari's upgraded graphics were a step-up, but I think these DFK 360 shots look somehow off...

I hope CAVE does what M2 did with Futari. Arcade Mode (w/ scanlines) and 360 Mode that play identically, sans the graphics.

Monouchi

Thanks HVL for the link.

OMG..DFK in HD....I think I peed my pants a little, so pretty.

Best game box cover ever. (Wonder how the LE will be?)

HVL

Quote from: Monouchi on August 14, 2010, 02:21:20 PM
Best game box cover ever. (Wonder how the LE will be?)

I'd like a Futari/DS2 style box with an exclusive illustration by Ogata Kouji but the actual game case should have the one shown on Famitsu's site.

Lunchbox

No arcades in Spain.

EOJ

No word yet. They may have just left it out of the Festival build of the game.
My score archive

bucklemyshoe

EOJ

New blog post from Asada discussing DFK:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2010/08/post-21b5.html

Of interest is that he says they began the development of the Daifukkatsu port in February of this year, and right now it's about 80% finished.

Also, he will give an interview for the next issue of Famitsu X360 Magazine, where he will discuss aspects of the game in more detail.
My score archive

emphatic

Wow, those high res pictures of DFK looks spectacular.  :righton:

SuperPang

I agree that they look...different, actually. The other games look like they're using original assets that were downscaled for the 240p arcade release but somehow this looks...different. Was DFK the first from-scratch arcade release post 360 ports? Maybe they did something different.

Different.

EOJ

Maybe different graphic artists? Anyway, seeing it run in motion, it looks pretty similar to their other HD remakes, just with lots of ships instead of people or flying eyeballs or dinosaurs or crabs.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

Kewing

I come back from vacation and what do I find? A sh*tload of breaking news.

This could definitely be the final punch to make me grab a JP 360. I'm still itching to try out Ketsui.
On another note I hope the bonus cd is only for the arranged music that will be on the 360 retail version. I thought the white label soundtrack was a bit unfitting, but the new iphone exclusive soundtrack crosses the line; I definitely don't like it. Other than that, the release sounds extremely exciting. Hoping they will also release BL, I need to play with that music.

EOJ

Anyone else find it weird that all the comparison shots Cave released show the X360 ver and DFK ver 1.0 (1.0 had the hi score in the middle of the screen, in 1.5 they shifted it to the right, like in the X360 version)? Also, in ver 1.5 it says "HIGH-SCORE" above the score, while in 1.0 it says "HIGH".
My score archive