Akai Katana Shin or MMP/PS?

Started by pestilence, June 06, 2011, 02:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pestilence

So I've saved up enough money to buy another CAVE game.

I need AKS & MMP/PS to complete my collection. I plan to get both eventually.

Which is more fun though? Which one does everyone suggest?

I play DFK BL constantly, and really enjoy Futari BL if it helps.

EOJ

AKS is much prettier, but MMP & PS are much better games.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

supabok

I agree with EOJ. MMP & PS are lots of fun as shooters(i.e. the frustration level isn't that high for me ;)

HVL

With MMP/PS you get two games for the price of one.

Since you'll be getting both, I'd say get the MMP/PS pack first. Can't go wrong with Pork's lovely presentation and fun scoring.

Daverost

Yeah, if you're going to get both, I'd probably get MMP/PS first so you get a little more bang for your buck in the mean time.

StarCreator

On the converse end - I'd go for whichever one you can get the first printing DLC code for.  If you can still get a copy of MMP/PS with the code, I'd go for that, otherwise I'd go for AK while the code getting is still good.

Muchi Muchi Spork

MMP rules but I'd take AK over PS. Yagawa laid down a freshly smoked crack pipe when he came up with the idea of tapping 2 buttons together to meander through a gazillion speed levels. It's still a good game but the speed thing sucks. It's not too much to ask to stick with what's proven to work (holding down a button to change speed which can be done quickly with accuracy). Could have been better.

Special World

I'd say these are my two favorite Cave releases after Futari, and I'd be hardpressed to pick one over the other.

I'd say pick up PS/MMP if you can find one with the Matsuri code, though, since that's a bigger deal to me than new voices.

Otherwise, go with Akai Katana. Both titles are absolutely amazing. Yagawa is such a boss.

stryc9

MMP/Pink Sweets without a doubt.

Let_It_Be

From your original post, it seems you know you like vertical shooters, so I'd say get MMP/PS and then get AK because your love of verticals may not transfer to horizontal shooters as well.

pestilence

Guess the answer is pretty clear!

Yea I prefer vertical but I really enjoy hori's just the same.

StarCreator

Before you order I'd check with the retailer to see if they still have copies with the DLC code.  They're pretty easy to identify because there's an extra sticker placed on the cellophane wrapper stating that it's included.