Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label Extra [JP X360] - Patch is out!

Started by EOJ, November 14, 2008, 06:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KOMA

It can also works for an effect in Extra mode when you absorb bullet,it can't be worst than that actually.

rtw

This is what I dislike with the new consoles, all emphasis is on releasing the game and then fixing it via a download.

What happens when the servers are shut down and you want to play a game ?

Can patches be saved to a USB stick or something else ?

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

Kiken

Quote from: rtw on February 20, 2009, 07:54:10 AM
This is what I dislike with the new consoles, all emphasis is on releasing the game and then fixing it via a download.

What happens when the servers are shut down and you want to play a game ?

Can patches be saved to a USB stick or something else ?

rtw

The patch automatically downloads onto your console (to the hard-drive or memory card) when it becomes available and you pop in the game (a message will pop up saying that a patcch is available for said game when it starts to load).  At that point, the patch is permanently on your console.... unless your hard-drive/memory-card crashes.

GaijinPunch

In short, our children, if they are "retro" game fans, and that means buying stuff they find nostalgic (IE, from this generation) are fucked unless someone figures out how to hack the patching routines.  Or unless Microsoft is offering the patch for really old games 20 years down the road.

I like the idea of having the "complete" game in the package.

EOJ

This is also what sucks about having game modes only available via download - such as Death Smiles Mega Black Label. Once the servers go down, what happens if your harddrive gets fucked? You can never play the game again?
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

trev1976

Quote from: EOJ on February 20, 2009, 04:19:07 PM
This is also what sucks about having game modes only available via download - such as Death Smiles Mega Black Label. Once the servers go down, what happens if your harddrive gets fucked? You can never play the game again?

bit like an arcade PCB suiciding  :laugh:

rtw

Quote from: trev1976 on February 20, 2009, 05:11:02 PM

CAVE made 2 suicide PCB's, Progear which is easily fixed and Dai-Ou-Jou Black Label which can be sorted!

rtw

KOMA

trev1976

Quote from: rtw on February 20, 2009, 05:22:29 PM
Quote from: trev1976 on February 20, 2009, 05:11:02 PM

CAVE made 2 suicide PCB's, Progear which is easily fixed and Dai-Ou-Jou Black Label which can be sorted!

rtw

yea i know , only having a laugh  :righton: ive had to fix my pro gear board in the past  ;)

rtw

Quote from: KOMA on February 20, 2009, 05:37:01 PM
At shmup there is a MBL dieing..... :(

You mean Strider 77's MBL ? That is a PCB failure, nothing to do with suicide.

rtw

EOJ

My copy arrived in the mail today. Honestly the load times are the thing that bothers me the LEAST about this port. Thoughts:

-As others have said, the menus are really unintuitive. Frankly, it's one of the most unprofessional interfaces I've ever encountered in any game, ever. I've played budget DS software from no-name publishers with better menu systems than this.
-There's no way to access the config menu in-game?
-The graphics are absolutely HIDEOUS. With the filter off they are a blocky mess, with the filter on they're a blurry blocky mess. Looks like ass either way. Sakari's omission of a scanline mode like RFA boggles the mind (either he's lazy or inept).

I'll try to keep playing to unlock X-mode, but I'm not sure I'll make it. Playing this game is a rather painful experience.

So far I have only played this on my LCD. I will hook my X360 up to my RGB monitor and try it out there soon. Maybe the experience will be better that way.
My score archive

adverse

Keep us updated.  There are some people trying to make lemonade out of lemons re: this port, but it's really just a clusterfuck.  Did you see Mihara's latest post?  He gives his 'harsh opinion' that the port level is at 30% and tells Sakari that if he doesn't get his shit together for Ketsui, 'there's a 200% chance a riot will occur' lol. 

EOJ

I hooked it up to my RGB monitor and played it a bit. It looks a lot better on the monitor than on the LCD. In fact, it looks better than the Mushi and Ibara ports (even with the deinterlacing patches applied) because it doesn't have the god-awful blurry filter that they do.

The game feels a bit faster than the PS2 port in many spots, but other than that it plays rather similar on the monitor.
My score archive

rtw

Quote from: adverse on February 21, 2009, 08:10:44 PM
Keep us updated.  There are some people trying to make lemonade out of lemons re: this port, but it's really just a clusterfuck.  Did you see Mihara's latest post?  He gives his 'harsh opinion' that the port level is at 30% and tells Sakari that if he doesn't get his shit together for Ketsui, 'there's a 200% chance a riot will occur' lol. 

Where is Mihara's post ?

rtw goes and hugs his black label PCB  :D

SuperPang

I'm hugging mine right now too. I was going to buy this out of curiosity at some point (I bought the Mushi/Ibara ports on release despite having the PCBs) but fuck that, it sounds painfully bad :laugh:

I don't think 5pb really knew what they were taking on here.

adverse

Quote from: rtw on February 22, 2009, 05:22:47 AM
Quote from: adverse on February 21, 2009, 08:10:44 PM

Where is Mihara's post ?

rtw goes and hugs his black label PCB  :D

Bottom half of this one:

http://mihara.sub.jp/top/blog/sb203/log/eid623.html

::hugs his neighborhood DOJBL::

EOJ

Oh dear:

http://wikiwiki.jp/daioujo/?%C9%D4%B6%F1%B9%E7XBOX360%CA%D4

That's a list of all the bugs or problems with the port (I've never seen such a huge list, it really is like this game was released at 30%). It's too much to translate right now. So I'll cut and paste the parts talking about the bugs here and you can bablefish or whatever if you need to:

Bugs with the system:  

* ARCADE MODE -NEW VERSION(黒)-には重大な不具合もなく、移植も上々
     Translation: "No major bugs, and the port is superb."
   * ARCADE MODE -OLD VERSION(白)-はXbox LIVE GAMEに2周目でのゲームオーバーがフリーズする不具合あり。アーケード版と細かい違いあり?
     Translation: "There's a bug where the game can freeze when you get a game over in the 2nd loop. Maybe some slight differences with the arcade       
      version?"
   * X MODE -Xbox 360 ORIGINAL VERSION-には細かい不具合が多いが、重大なものはない
   * メニュー等のユーザインタフェースが不親切&不具合多し
   * 起動やメインメニューのローディングが長い&多い。ゲームを始めればほとんどローディングはなく快適
   * リプレイに関してはずれる等の不具合が多い。フリーズする場合も

▲ ▼
Basic bugs:

* 決定ボタンが利きにくいor全く利かなくなる状態に陥るときがある(詳細求む)
         o 決定SEのみが鳴り、実際には決定されていない等
         o 同時押しを判定していない。方向キーを入れながら決定ボタンを押しても反応しない、等
   * メニューなどのカーソル移動に上下ループがない(要望?)
   * 作品全体で決定ボタンやキャンセルボタンが統一されていない(要望?)
         o 統一しないならボタンヘルプぐらいはつけるべき
   * ローディングが長い(仕様、要望?)
   * X MODEやメニュー画面のショーティアが傘をさしてる絵の右腕のレイヤーが抜けてる?描き忘れ?(有志の検証求む)
   * メインメニューが縦画面に対応していない。(要望)
   * 2人プレイをするとプレイ時間の増加が実際の倍以上になる
   * プレイ状況によって実績が解除されなくなることがある。ソフト再起動した後条件を満たせば解禁される(有志の報告求む)

▲ ▼
Bugs in-game:

* ARCADE MODE -OLD VERSION-のXbox LIVEゲームモードの二週目以降のゲームオーバーは全てフリーズする(ほぼ確定?)
   * ARCADE MODE -OLD VERSION-の2-2ボスWARNINGでフリーズする(複数の報告あり)
   * X MODEで一度出した蜂アイテムが消える(有志の再現または詳細求む)
         o ハイパー中にゲージが溜まって 弾消しが起きた瞬間に蜂アイテムを出そうとすると起こる?
   * X MODEで1面の最後の蜂アイテムを取るタイミングが悪いとコンボが繋がっていても得点が正常に入らない (有志の再現または詳細求む)
   * X MODEの蜂アイテム取得点が10000HITを越えると1/10になる(カンスト対策の仕様?)
   * X MODEのオートボムでハイパーが発射されることがある(複数の報告あり)
   * X MODEの通常プレイではハイパー所有時に被弾しても問題なくオートボムが発動するが、ステージセレクトから開始するとハイパー所有時に被弾でハイパーが発動する(ほぼ確定?)
   * X MODEで敵本体、雷光のビーム、嵐光のナパームなど、弾以外に当たるとオートボムが発動しない(仕様?)
   * X MODEのパイパーでSHOT連打(非AUTO SHOT)してもショットがセミオート連射にならず途切れる(仕様?)
   * X MODEで怒顎の本体にボムを当てても1UPが出る(仕様?)
   * 箱コンにて、ハイパー中レーザーの振動がハイパーが切れた後も止まらないことがある(有志の報告求む)
   * ステージ間のローディング表示は不要。(要望。特にケツイでは無くして欲しい。)
   * 2面ボスをハイパーを使ったままクリアしたら3面プレイ中ずっとハイパー状態が継続した(詳細不明。情報求む)
   * X MODEのエンディングで、一部のテキストの表示時間が短かすぎて読みづらい。
         o レイニャンED「しかしその代償は大きかった・・・」が短く、直後の「レイニャ」までで もたつく
   * X MODEのエンディングで、映像がもたったり、ガクガクしたりすることがある(有志の報告求む)
   * AUTO SHOTボタン押下→SHOT押下でまれにレーザーが出ないことがある。黒とX MODEで確認(※乗っ取りスティックを使っているので、それが原因の可能性あり)
   * BGMが一瞬止まることがある
         o 2面中ボス前、黒1-3ボムアイテム取得時、1-4道中の報告あり
   * X MODEでオートボムが発動しないことがある(有志の報告求む)
         o 1-5ボスで体当たりしないような位置で起こったという報告あり
   * Xbox LIVE GAMEでCONFIGの残機設定が適用される
   * X MODEでコンティニューをすると、ハイパー所持状態で被弾したときオートボムの代わりにハイパーが発動するようになる
   * カスタムサントラを使ってプレイ中、エンディングでBGMが重なった。パイパーEDでの確認(ほかのドールのEDなど有志の報告求む)
   * X MODEでエクスイ使用時、レーザーを出しながら 弾消しハイパー状態になるとオーラが通常のハイパーの色になっている
         o 色がおかしいだけで、実際はオーラにも弾消し効果はあるので 不利にはならない
         o レーザーを一旦止めて 再びレーザーを出すと オーラも緑色になっている
   * ARCADE MODE -NEW VERSION(黒)-をステージセレクトでプレイ時、クイックリスタートでゲームを再スタートすると2P側でスタートになる。(ちなみに1-2、B-EXをセレクト。プレイ開始から数度リスタートで発生。再現性低?有志の報告求む)
   * X MODEで蜂取得点でエクステンドのスコアに達したとき、すぐにエクステンドせず 次にスコアが増加したときエクステンドが起こる(有志の報告求む)
   * X MODEのオートボムで実績「ナイスボム!」が解除された(複数の報告あり)

▲ ▼
Bugs w/ replays & the leaderboard:

* アップされているリプレイやリーダーボードのステージ表示や時刻表示がおかしい(2-3が1-8と表記されていなどの報告あり、時刻表示は世界標準時採用か?)
   * リプレイで2-1終了後1-2に飛ぶ(再現性あり)
   * リプレイ再生中、2-2でLBを押すと1-1に戻る(有志の報告求む)
   * リプレイを再生すると最終到達面に行く前に撃墜されるなどのリプレイずれが起こる(有志の報告求む)
   * リプレイを再生すると、小刻みに動きながらボムを連射するという内容になっていることがある(複数の報告あり)
   * リプレイを再生しようとするとフリーズすることがある(詳細求む)
   * X MODEパイパー使用スコア0のリプレイがいつのまにか出現。再生するとXbox360ごとフリーズ(複数の報告あり)
   * X MODEが出ていない状態でX MODEのリプレイを再生しようとするとフリーズする(有志の報告求む)
   * クイックリスタートを使用すると上位に入ってもデータをアップロードできない (詳細求む)
   * ランキング画面で下押しっぱなしにしてもカーソル移動しない(要望?)
   * LEADERBOARDSに登録されている記録の到達面とリプレイが、最後にやったXbox LIVE GAMEのものになる(ほぼ確定?)
   * LEADERBOARDSからリプレイを落として保存する際BGMが途切れることがある(箱○の仕様? 有志の報告求む)
         o ゲーマーカードを見るときにも途切れたという報告あり
   * LEADERBOARDSにて、見ていたページ内でランキングを更新すると、自分が上書きした順位のゲーマータグ名が自分より長い場合、その長い部分が残る
   * LEADERBOARDSの2周目到達の記録が「裏2-X」などと表記されている(大往生に2周目の表裏は存在しない)
   * リプレイを再生すると1-5雷光前のラッシュ前後からリプレイずれが起こることがある(複数の報告あり)
   * REPLAY DATA ARCHIVEにて、PLAYER欄にリプレイを記録したプレイヤー名が表示されていない

▲ ▼
Config/system bugs:

* コンフィグで設定した内容がいつの間にかリセットされている(詳細求む)
   * STAGE SELECTの設定項目が直後1回のプレイしか適用されず、毎回リセットされる(仕様?)
   * GAME CONFIGのDIFFICULTY,SHIP STOCK,EXTENDが直後1回のプレイしか適用されない(仕様?)
   * NO BULLETオプションを有効にして遊んだスコアがハイスコアに登録される(仕様? 要望)
   * SMOOTHINGをOFFにしても効果が現れない。
         o SMOOTHING をOFFにしてXBOX Live Gameをプレイすると、ゲーム終了後「リーダーボードを更新しました」メッセージの後のランキング画面以降でSMOOTHINGがオフになっている画面が確認できる。しかし新たにゲームを開始するとSMOOTHINGがオンになってしまい意味がない。
   * アスペクト比を修正しようとしても適切なモードが現れない。解像度を下げれば解決したとの報告あり(Xbox360とモニタの先天的な相性問題の可能性あり。多くの詳細求む)
   * OVER SCANの値を0%にするとゲーム画面がなくなる(仕様? 壁紙だけ見るため?)
   * メインメニューEXTRA内、ACHIEVEMENTS選択後「Now Loading...」表示中にレバー上方向を入れっぱなしにすると空白部分に移動し続けてしまい、実績が見えなくなる。(再現性あり)
   * タイトル→メインメニューの「Now Loading...」表示中からAボタンを連打していると、黒版が選択された後フリーズする。ソフトのシーン遷移のみが停止し、ダッシュボードは開ける。(再現性あり)
   * ARCADE MODE -NEW VERSION-を選択した直後Bボタンを連打したらフリーズした(有志の報告求む)
   * リトライをすると実績が解除できなくなる(詳細求む)
   * セーブデータを消してもクレジット数とGAME CONFIG EXの解禁状態が引き継がれる(実績に依存している?)
   * 規定数達成タイプの実績について、セーブデータを消すと達成パーセンテージはそれぞれ0%にリセットされるが、絶対数(星取得数、HIT数、雑魚撃破数)の方は次のデータに引き継がれる
         o %表示 → セーブを作り直してからの分を表示
         o 現在の回数表示 → セーブを消す前の分も含めて表示
   * 実績「撃墜王53,596」が条件を満たしても解禁されず、パーセンテージの表示が振り切れることがある(複数の報告あり。詳細求む)
         o メーターからはみ出し、下の数値も1/133%など異常
         o 実績「星を獲るひと100,001」でも報告あり。規定数達成タイプの実績全てで起こる?
   * 各ゲームモードのメニュー画面でXboxLIVEからサインアウトすると「サインイン状態が変更されました。タイトルに戻ります」という表示が出た後Xbox360ごとフリーズする(再現性あり)
   * サインインしている状態でもサインインがされていないというメッセージが出る
   * NO BULLETをONにして2プレイ分放置したら、1時間しないうちにプレイ時間が5時間分進んだ(X MODEで再現できず。有志の報告、詳細求む)
   * クリアしたらCONFIG EXが増えるッぽいけど増えない。メインタイトルに戻って、再度黒モード選んでCONFIG EX選んだら増えてた。
   * 縦画面でCONFIG画面・CONFIG EX画面を開くと、画面が見切れてしまって項目が見えない。
   * X MODEのSTAGE SELECTが終わった後にゲーマープロフィールがサインインしていませんと出る(再現性あり)
   * ACHIEVEMENTSの画面の上部のPERSONAL DATA欄の敵機撃墜数と実績の撃墜王200000のメーター表示にズレが生じる(有志の報告求む)
         o 実績の数値は「達成までの撃破数」なのでそれで間違えている可能性あり
         o PERSONAL DATAの敵機撃墜数+実績の「撃墜王200,000」の数値=200,000になるのが正しい
   * コントローラを2つ使用する場合、ソフト起動前に認識されていないと CONTROLSの2P-SETTINGが選択できない
   * メインメニューで上下をガチャガチャ入れると壁紙がずれる(再現性あり)
         o 通常はカーソルを合わせている項目と壁紙が対応しているが、その対応関係がずれる
         o REPLAY DATA ARCHIVEにカーソルを合わせているのに 壁紙はEXTRAのもの、など

▲ ▼
Differences with the PCB

* 2面ボス出現時に処理落ちする(OLD VERSIONにて確認、有志の検証求む)
   * 通常ショット(A-ExのC連)のSEがおかしい(黒は違うとか?)
   * 凄駆が砲台を構えても炸裂弾を撃たないことがある?(有志の再現、詳細求む)
   * ARCADE MODE -NEW VERSION(黒)-でボム数が増えないことがある(有志の再現、詳細求む)
         o ショーティア使用で非ハイパー時にミスしてボム数3から変動無しとの報告
   * ARCADE MODE -NEW VERSION(黒)-の1-1序盤の普通ゲージが足りない場所で 突然ハイパーアイテムが降ってきた(有志の再現、詳細求む)
         o 蜂取得時だった?

My score archive

jpj

me and my pcb are way beyond the hugging stage...   :-X

EOJ

I tried playing this a bit more on my LCD, and I really just can't stand the fugly graphics. They're giving me headaches. I've logged 1.5 hours on it, but the 6 hour mark (to unlock X mode) seems far and it's a pain to hook my X360 up to my RGB monitor. Bleh. Maybe I should just sell this thing.
My score archive

Monouchi

soundwave

Hmmm that list does look a tad scary.

Glad I have the PS2 port to fall back on if it is as bad as I expect.

Neil

GaijinPunch

Expect Ketsui in 2 years.

The bad thing is (to me...someone that doesn't have a 360) this might tarnish BL's great name.  Even though it's not the same vein as the recent Black Labels (IE, remix) it really is an amazingly done game.  I was not a fan of DOJ until I played this one. 

Plasmo

QuoteExpect Ketsui in 2 years.
That would be a good thing, but unfortunately it won't happen. Ketsui will be released this year and will be full of bugs again, just like DOJ BL. They really should do it like NG-DEV team does with Dux. A great game should take its time to develop.

jpj

Quote from: GaijinPunch on February 23, 2009, 03:23:37 PM
The bad thing is (to me...someone that doesn't have a 360) this might tarnish BL's great name.  Even though it's not the same vein as the recent Black Labels (IE, remix) it really is an amazingly done game.  I was not a fan of DOJ until I played this one. 

totally  :righton:

where's your 1st loop clear anyways...?   :-*

Kaneda

EOJ

It'll be interesting to see how many more copies are sold. Most (if not all) of those were presales or first day sales, before the word about the crappiness of the port spread.

I think the PS2 version sold 13-15K (though that number may be higher now since Arika keeps printing up more batches).
My score archive

adverse

Quote from: GaijinPunch on February 23, 2009, 03:23:37 PM
Expect Ketsui in 2 years.

Very much agreed here.  I never played vanilla DOJ much, but Black Label is one of my favorite CAVE games, and having it so marred by this awful port pisses me off. 

I agree with Plasmo re: Ketsui, although I think that 5pb will do a much better job with that one (simply because they're risking massive fan backlash) and Sakari has already said that after DOJ went gold he resumed work on Ketsui.

Incidentally, Sakari has closed his blog due to all the complaints received there.  You can see several comments posted per hour that are just pillorying the game as it is.  Many of the comments simply read: 'Don't port Ketsui.  Seriously I'm begging you, don't do it.'   One guy talked about how he works at a convenience store every day, not making a lot of money and how Ketsui is the love of his life.  When he heard how bad DOJBL was handled, he "threw up in the toilet" out of worry.   :'(

PROMETHEUS

Quote from: adverse on February 23, 2009, 11:35:39 PMOne guy talked about how he works at a convenience store every day, not making a lot of money and how Ketsui is the love of his life.  When he heard how bad DOJBL was handled, he "threw up in the toilet" out of worry.   :'(
My god this is so extreme it's funny and sad at the same time.

EOJ

There's a stage 6?

No, just another bug in this shitty port. That pic is from SIN's blog. He said that after he got the score he exited back to the menu, and the game
froze. Such garbage.

My score archive