Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label Extra [JP X360] - Patch is out!

Started by EOJ, November 14, 2008, 06:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adverse

EOJ

So that means you can download a demo if you have a JP gold account?
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

adverse

Huh? 

No, going gold is a term for when a game is in a complete state and ready for release.

EOJ

Ah, gotcha. I have heard gamers use it in the sense I described above though, hence my confusion.

If it's all done, I'd think they'd release it in the next few weeks. No point in sitting on it.
My score archive

adverse

Let's hope so!

BTW, translated the achievements for the game as well as the story for the J impaired here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349860

adverse

moms dude on the shmups forum just reported Play-Asia listing the game for a Feb. 19th release! Thought it might be around then!

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...i-70-3169.html

adverse

No new info about the game in the new Famitsu.   :whyioughtta:

Waiting for 360 Famitsu though...

Edit: Just found 360 Famitsu scores online, and it looks like DDPDOJBLEX was not reviewed.  Which means either these idiots missed the deadline and will still release in February or the game might get another push back.  Not getting reviewed in Famitsu is not good for a game's sales.

EOJ

Quote from: adverse on January 27, 2009, 10:28:56 PM
Not getting reviewed in Famitsu is not good for a game's sales.

I doubt this matters much. Anyone interested in the game will buy it, few who have never heard of it will bother. If the port is shit (highly likely), you can always sell it and get most of your money back.
My score archive

adverse

Well then why would they bother advertising in Famitsu in the first place?  They were doing that pretty regularly through December, and had ads in the 360 version for January.  So they at least had some will to let people know the game exists.  I'm still amazed that there's not even a page for it on XBox Live, like a theme, or gamer icons or anything...even Chaos Head Noah has that and that's another niche title by 5pb.  Again, I just think they've probably used up their advertising budget. 

EOJ

Yeah, you're right. The budget's probably gone. The good news is it's safe to say most X360 gamers interested in this game have heard of it by now.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Since I ordered that fucking RAP, I might as well get an Arcade unit and a DOJBL, yeah?   

EOJ

There are many gameplay vids on the official site now, under the stages section:

http://5pb.jp/games/div2/ddpdojblex/features_enemy.html

Click on a stage, and view any of the short videos. After watching these, I am VERY IMPRESSED. The slowdown looks to be nearly perfectly emulated.
I'm so glad they did this.
My score archive

PROMETHEUS

okay I have a question now for 360 owners. If you plug a keyboard into a 360, can you set it up so as to map keys to correspond buttons of the regular controller, enabling you to play any game with the keyboard ? Then I could play this DOJ or Ketsui with a keyboard on the 360 ?

adverse

So I checked the blog for the DOJBLEX producer today for the first time in awhile and he mentions that one of the reasons the game was delayed was that they were spending too much time on getting the gameplay down.  Sounds like they put some real effort into it.

He also mentions that he's over the mistakes he made on DOJBLEX development and will avoid the same problems with Ketsui EX which he is apparently in the middle of getting together, as well as "other games".  Those other games could be 5pb stuff or CAVE stuff (maybe...).

Good to hear Ketsui EX is finally on the move.

KOMA

charlienash87

it doesn't look like it's going to be such a huge disapointment anymore. anyone have any knowledge as to what or who set 5pb strait? I'm sure IKD had to do with part of it, (i know i wouldn't want my masterpieces ruined) but i'm wondering if there was something or someone else ???
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

EOJ

He probably read the comments from the hardcore Japanese players on 2Ch or whatever who said the TGS build was trash. That, or he had someone who knew how to play the game test it for him and told him it was trash. Those are my theories and I'm stickin' to 'em.
My score archive

trev1976

ive had my pre order in for a while , look really good , cant wait

PROMETHEUS

Quote from: KOMA on February 04, 2009, 03:10:03 PM
PROMETHEUS ,practice the Pad/Stick! =D
I don't care about pads and sticks I just wanna know about being able to play with a keyboard!!
can anyone try this for me on any game ? >.<

Geezer

Quote from: PROMETHEUS on February 03, 2009, 06:38:53 PM
okay I have a question now for 360 owners. If you plug a keyboard into a 360, can you set it up so as to map keys to correspond buttons of the regular controller, enabling you to play any game with the keyboard ? Then I could play this DOJ or Ketsui with a keyboard on the 360 ?
No, it won't work I'm afraid, the 360 only allows keyboard usage in the chat function etc. but not in games. I think there may be a converter aimed at FPS players that allows you to use a keyboard and mouse on the 360 in games, this would probably work. However you will probably also have input lag.

EDIT: Here is the device.

PROMETHEUS

Quote from: Geezer on February 05, 2009, 05:04:32 PM
No, it won't work I'm afraid, the 360 only allows keyboard usage in the chat function etc. but not in games. I think there may be a converter aimed at FPS players that allows you to use a keyboard and mouse on the 360 in games, this would probably work. However you will probably also have input lag.

EDIT: Here is the device.
Yes! Found out about it yesterday too. This would do the trick ! It's fucking expensive though. And if it generates input lag, then it's no good at all. But I'll see about trying~

edit: http://xbox.joystiq.com/2006/12/30/x360f-review-xfps-kb-and-mouse-on-360/
this review says "Also worth mentioning, there seemed to be a slight delay between button presses and the corresponding game action". Ok, definitely not good then... :( Usually, casual players noticing input lag means the lag is HUGE T_T

dimmu--borgir

I have this device and must say it works flawless with any FPS for the Xbox. I'm not a purist though. I haven't had any problems with the buttons either. A must buy to use my X-arcade joystick for the coming CAVE games.

PROMETHEUS

Big news for me : someone on shmups.com said DOJ and Mushi PS2 are nearly perfectly emulated on the PC. Which means I get to play them with my keyboard and with savestates, which is even better than level select. I can't believe I never heard of that before. Another guy tried it out after that was said and feels DOJ plays and looks great that way. very Hot!

jpj

:laugh:  an original ps2 mushi is crap, let alone emulated

Geezer

Kaneda

Famitsu scores for DOJBLEX:

8, 7, 6, 6 - (27/40)

trev1976

EOJ

Famitsu's opinion on shooting games is worthless.
My score archive

trev1976

adverse

Quote from: EOJ on February 13, 2009, 06:35:59 PM
Famitsu's opinion on shooting games is worthless.

This time it's worse than ever.  As I wrote on shmups, most of the four reviews were just complaining about how difficult the game is. 

I guess we've just turned a page into the Wii era where shit has to be braindead easy to meet favor in the increasingly shrinking Japanese game market.  Either way, the fact that they scored Shooting Love higher than this is an outrage.