Sending a PGM board (DOJ) back to IGS/CAVE ?

Started by kernow, July 09, 2009, 12:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kernow

Well I have some kind of RAM error on my DOJ board, its been fine without a battery for 3 or 4 months, I played it last about a month ago, it has been in the metal case with the fan connected all the time I've owned it.

I connect it to my cab yesterday and turn it on, and the screen is garbled and it has a memory error, it alternates between that, a completely garbled screen, and a black screen. Sourdiesel on shmups has had a similar problem and mentioned sending it back to IGS who would look at it for $65 (+more if needed). I was wondering if anyone had any ideas here, or has had any experience sending boards back to IGS/Cave for fixing, and if theres any kind of middleman service anyone provides?

Someone did say that fujita provides a middleman service but I can only imagine its expensive.

:( ???

EOJ

www.tops-game.jp

They are the best middleman service if you want to send it to CAVE. It'll cost about $300 for the fix, including all shipping (to/from you, and internal shipping in Japan).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

kernow

$300 all in to fix a $400 PCB

:-\

I might get it looked at over here first by someone who knows a bit about PCB repair, a couple have offered already.

Thanks for the information though. :)

EOJ

Yeah, it's not cheap. If you can find someone to fix it without sending it to Japan, that'll definitely be cheaper.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

Not *too* much cheaper I would think.  I had a fried SH3 board replaced and it was like 25,000 yen.  It's more or less the time they charge which I can't imagine being under 20,000 yen.