Nin2 Jump [XBLA April 27th, 2011]

Started by EOJ, February 18, 2011, 11:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Nin2 Jump. Vertical and side scrolling action game with 50 stages.

Promo video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xYRXoJNoW4

Official site:
http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/nin2-jump/
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Aliquantic

Let's hope it'll be better than the Tuiakama Race in DSII :p I'll be curious to see how Cave will fare in that genre though, given that there's a fair bit of competition already on XBLA (N+ being probably the closest, with a lot more content)...

EOJ

Ninja360 is pretty cool on XBIG (and only 80MS points). I'm hoping this game will have actual stages, rather than just a series of one-screen time attacks.
My score archive

EOJ

Added the promo vid to the main post. It looks completely awesome. All the multipliers and fast action on screen are total CAVE. Can't wait for this one.
My score archive

antares

Looks like Super Meat Boy meets Bionic Commando Rearmed challenge rooms. Nice indeed.

Midey

SuperPang

I think this will live or die on how it controls. I'm sure theres a smart scoring system and neat art direction but the physics look a bit flaky.

Aliquantic

The controls do look a bit odd there, and I'm not really sure if that game will pose much of a challenge going by that video (the score attack levels might be interesting though).

bcass

Super Stick-Puppet Boy.  The backgrounds remind me of Okami.

Dave_K.

I wonder if this was originally intended to be an online/facebook/zynga/flash type game.  Didn't they say the wanted to try making some browser games in the near future?  I would be seriously impressed to see them getting into this market.

GaijinPunch

Always wanted to see them do this in the arcades, but I'll take it on XBLA.  Most excited for this in the recent releases.  Devoting my soul to scoring isn't in my schedule now, so AK:Shin will get very little love, although I'll buy it. :)

Dude

Love the 70's golden harvest intro. hiiiiyaaaaaa kapooooow look kato its the bad guys kaboomb ;)

TheSoundofRed

I remember on the DFK iPhone Survey there was a question pertaining to which genres Cave should try out, and I put 2D platformer with innovative Cave scoring system. This looks like it's going to be loads of fun, for sure.

Dude

Has there been a date set to expect this on live? It looks like just good old fun. the older i get the more i like a quick game and not a 60 hour game.  :righton:

SuperPang

Mid April, 400 MSP. First two months proceeds to go to Japanese Red Cross. :righton:

njiska

That sounds quite reasonable, especially for what XBLA games usually sell for these days. Double bonus that the proceeds go to Red Cross.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

jheiger

Definitely gonna support this release, especially since it is for charity.  Hopefully it will sell really well and Cave will be encouraged to bring more stuff to xbla. 

Special World

I'll pick this up first day, since it's so cheap. It looks like a pretty fun game, though I think the style is definitely lacking. I get that the character is supposed to be some kind of paper cutout on a stick or something, but it's still lame that he doesn't actually move, and the platforming itself looks kinda wacky. Still, the idea of a high-scorer platformer has me intrigued.

neomoe

sorry if i missed this, but is it only on the jpn xbla...or will it be available worldwide like Guwange?

EOJ

My score archive

SuperPang

I was going by this http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/nin2-jump/asd_20110407.pdf
I doubt it's next week so I guess we're looking at 20th or 27th anyway.

I'm slightly concerned about the price actually. Cave always seem in such a rush these days.

neonecko

This needs to hurry up and come out so I can buy it with the extra points I've got.

EOJ

April 27th. It will include both an Adventure mode with 50 stages over 5 worlds, and a Score Attack mode.
My score archive

SuperPang

The art style and music are great, but it had better be more fun than it looks. Doesn't help that you can't see anything either.

lam47

It does look lovely. Next Wednesday will be a good day for live arcade. Trouble witches, this and is Bangai-o not out too?

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: lam47 on April 24, 2011, 04:41:25 AM
...and is Bangai-o not out too?

May 4th for Bangai-o HD. I'm really excited for Nin2 Jump, mostly to see how Cave approaches a 2D platformer type of game.

SuperPang

EOJ

Just got this today. Good and bad list:

Good:
-Fun gameplay
-Good stage design
-Plays well with an arcade stick
-Programmed by Takashi Ichimura!
-Designs by Akira Wakabayashi!

Bad:
-Pretty horrible-looking menus
-Whole game seems to be low res blown up to HD. WHY!?
-Weird blur filter on the game that I can't turn off
-Can't turn off the audience on the screen
-Theater design of the screen makes the corners of the gameplay area hard to see. I guess this was intended, though.

Overall it's a good little platformer and well worth 400MS points (which go to Japan tsunami relief).
My score archive

bcass

I notice they couldn't give a toss about all the people who complained about the retarded DSIIX screen setup.  They've used the exact same screen setup here, and it doesn't even have a Wide option.

EOJ

Yeah, I think they think everyone plays their horizontal games on a 16:9 LCD. Weird.
My score archive