Main Menu

Online Cave Festival

Started by GaijinPunch, May 29, 2008, 11:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaijinPunch

Looks like every single item is sold out now.

adverse

Anybody know when this all is shipping?

GaijinPunch

Quote from: adverseAnybody know when this all is shipping?
If you paid by daibiki, it will start today.  Bank transfer, probably a couple of days down the road.

adverse

Got my stuff today.  Hope this DOJ shirt doesn't shrink...

Mushi Futari book is pretty nice.  Was a bit dissapointed that the Ibara official book was more of a comic book than about the game...

sven666

Quote from: elfi told my school teacher (a shmup fanboy) about the tit-mousepad.
We both got kinda hard
..you dont say :cool:

adverse

Looks like Cave is planning a little Matsuri in Akiba Friday August 15th

I guess they're going to be selling mostly stuff we've seen already plus some new Deathsmiles goods.  Inoue will be signing stuff too.

http://cave-gameshow.cocolog-nifty.com/fes200808/

Location of the matsuri here along with a bunch of hilarious over-reaction rules about not letting people line up ahead of time etc.

http://cave-gameshow.cocolog-nifty.com/fes200808/05/index.html

GaijinPunch

Here's my snippit from gamengai.

One day, 08.15.
Akihabara UDX Event Space (2F)

Goods this time include:
A head start on the Death Smiles Settings book, Death Smiles' Sakura Fuck Pillow Cover, Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu poster & clear file, other stuff sold out from the online event, etc. etc.

Worth noting: I will be thousands of miles away.  Looks like I'm only missing out on a few items this time.... and maybe a Joker Jun signature.  You guys will have to fend for yourselves.  After the online event, I wouldn't be too afraid, except for maybe the signed items.

EDIT: Where'd you see the comment on Inoue?  Under the event tab, it says participates are TBA.

adverse

Quote from: GaijinPunchEDIT: Where'd you see the comment on Inoue?  Under the event tab, it says participates are TBA.
On the front page:
「デススマイルズ」グラフィックプレジデント、井上淳哉氏のサインがもらえるチャンスも?!」

Poorly designed page as usual, information all bara bara.  Oh well.

I'll actually probably make it up to this since that weekend is Tougeki in Tokyo, the biggest fighting game tournament in Japan.  If anyone wants to get some 3s, A3 or SF4 action in, I'm game!  You can also witness my mediocre danmaku skills too if you insist :laugh:

GaijinPunch

I think I'm actually glad I can't make it.  This seems pretty mediocre at best.

Kaneda

Quote from: adverseI'll actually probably make it up to this since that weekend is Tougeki in Tokyo, the biggest fighting game tournament in Japan.  If anyone wants to get some 3s, A3 or SF4 action in, I'm game!  You can also witness my mediocre danmaku skills too if you insist :laugh:
Where's this at? I'd be interested in checking it out.

GaijinPunch

There's a map.  If I'm not mistaken, it's the building that houses that Excelsior (or other Starbucks Knock off?) about a block away from HEY.  Click Me.
This map should be centered on it.  Even says it pretty plainly.  

On second thought, I would like to play the tweaked games (assuming they have some).  Those I will miss. :(

adverse

More info on Tougeki here:

http://www.tougeki.com/

Sure to be some 神プレー on show.

zebraairforce

The tweaked games are easily my favorite part of these festivals. We should link footage in this thread if there are some games there (and we can find any).

GaijinPunch

I got some videos of the second one, but my camera got all cocked up for the 3rd.

zebraairforce

That when they had Ketsui, Muchi Muchi, and Guwange?

GaijinPunch

MMP & Guwange were the 3rd.  Ketsui was the 2nd.  1st was  DDP Campaign, Mushihime-sama 1.5, and Futari 1.51 (and 1.01).

KOMA

I'm certainly go for DS Ost/Dvd and Book,two days before my birthday,i deserved it!:cool:

GaijinPunch

Catologue:
http://cave-gameshow.cocolog-nifty.com/fes200808/catalog_cavefes200808.pdf

Death Smiles book
Sakura Fuck pillow
Dodonpachi Daioujou/Daifukkatsu Guinomi set (Sake glasses)

New straps: DFK (5)
ESPRade (3)

New DFK poster (new design)
New Death Smiles poster (staircase - all 4 bitches)

Daifukkatsu Clear File (Ai Poster design)
Daifukkatsu Clear File (Element Daughter design)
Daifukkatsu Clear File (Poster ILlustration)
Mushihime-sama Futari Mug Cup (Instruction design)

And finally, the Death Smiles postcard set... they've been sitting on these.

Plus a lot of older stuff, like the Ketsui crystals, etc.

adverse

Thanks for the summary on the new stuff GP.

So on the day of, what's going to be the deal with all this limited stuff?
Lines --> people get to buy first?  Considering that there were what, 5 of those Ketsui crystal things put on the site, can we expect the first couple geeks in the door to get the last ones?  Cave has said they don't want people to line up beforehand, but ultimately there will wind up being some kind of line I suppose.

Think I'll pick up the Futari mug and the DFK poster.  The 'strap heads' they're selling by the way are pretty junky.  The ring that links the badge part to the connecting ring has a large hole in it, so I kept finding the two I bought falling off my keychain. 

GaijinPunch

I have no complaints of the straps.  I dig them.   I would have someone pick me up stuff (I can't make this event) but it will show up later online for hopefully just a little bit more.  The posters at these events are generally much more limited though (1 or 2 as opposed to 5).  I'll wait it out though... I have tons of poster scans to stitch and add to gamengai.

As for the line up... you can bet your ass you'll have to.  I'm curious as to how they'll do it though.  They'll likely do the ticket thing, but there was a line to get the tickets last time.  I'm actually kind of glad I can't go to this one to be honest. :)

elf

i need this DS-Book.
Is there any way to pay with Credit Card or so?

elf

so when's that cave offsale again?
Is there someone who might be able to order for me along with?
There is interests in some stuff

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

adverse

Quote from: EOJ on August 08, 2008, 01:57:44 PM
Catalogue updated again:

http://cave-gameshow.cocolog-nifty.com/fes200808/catalog_cavefes200808.pdf

Nice.  I'm hyped for the DDPDFK Tea Set, MF mug and the DFK shirt (although weird design...).  Looks also like they're limiting soundtrack purchases to 3 per person.
Good.  I might have a chance to get some among the starving otaku milieu. 

Turns out that weekend in Tokyo is not only the Tougeki, biggest fighting game tournament in the country, but also a huge Doujin convention called Comecs?  I think.  Where the latest Touhou game will be debuting for people who care about that.

Kaneda

Quote from: adverse on August 08, 2008, 03:08:08 PMTurns out that weekend in Tokyo is not only the Tougeki, biggest fighting game tournament in the country, but also a huge Doujin convention called Comecs?  I think.  Where the latest Touhou game will be debuting for people who care about that.

Comiket, maybe? I'd love to go to all of these events but I don't feel like trekking back to Tokyo after this week.

adverse

EOJ

There will be a talk-show event and a playable demo download of Ketsui death label (DS):

http://cave-gameshow.cocolog-nifty.com/fes200808/01/index.html#entry-53547809

The talk event will have members from 5pb (talking about Ketsui X), Arika (talking about Ketsui DL), and CAVE. I'm looking forward to some new info on Ketsui X.
My score archive

adverse

They're also planning a tournament for Friday it seems! And this tourney will feature an altered board for DDP DFK 1.5.

On this board:

・You can choose from the 3 ships.
・There is only power style, no bomb style.
・Lives are set to 20 (!) but there are no extends via points or items.
・The difficulty of the game is slightly different from the arcade version (this sounds evil - op).

<Difference with the arcade version>
・HITs will not be interrupted under any conditions.
  However, under certain conditions HITs will be reduced by time (not sure what this means)
    When hit
    When combo meter hits 0

・In the arcade version when you lose a life your hyper meter increases but not in this version, so be careful.

Tournament rules indicate that it's going to be a 3 on 3 tournament.  And the team with the highest HIT total will win.

Sounds like fun!  Doubt I'll be able to make it though...

EOJ

Sounds like a Black Label location test.  =D
One of the teams will probably be TAC-SWY-Dame K.K. and they'll beat the shit out of everyone else.
My score archive

adverse

Quote from: EOJ on August 11, 2008, 09:12:32 PM
Sounds like a Black Label location test.  =D
One of the teams will probably be TAC-SWY-Dame K.K. and they'll beat the shit out of everyone else.

Hehe, sounds awesome.

Also, at this event apparently we'll be able to DL a trial version of Ketsui black label to our DS's.  I'll make sure to bring mine.