Main Menu

Ibara PS2 vs PCB

Started by EOJ, August 13, 2008, 09:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Since we already have a Mushi thread about this, I thought it would be good to open one for Ibara. Eventually, I want detailed threads for all of the CAVE ports, showing the differences between them and the PCB versions.

PS2 negative changes:
-Interlaced display and filter added for a decidedly blurry look, even worse than the Mushi port. Makes the game unplayable for me. It should be noted
there is patched version that significantly improves on this, but you have to play a backup and use a modded PS2.
-All slowdown was removed from the game. This is a huge problem, as it screws up scoring in some parts.
-The whole speed of the game is slightly faster than the PCB.
-There are a few differences in the timing of enemy appearances that also negatively affect scoring.
-Some glitches exist, such as a sporadic lack of a train appearing in st3.
-Long load times
-You are forced to select ship types and game modes (harder, extended) in the option menu, rather than being able to do it at the start screen.
-Some graphics were censored, namely the pictures of the rose sisters

PS2 positive changes:
-Added Arrange mode, unavailable anywhere else.
-Art Gallery
-Practice mode

Anything I'm missing? Kindly add it to this thread.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

le_chirurgien

Also : Rose sisters artworks are modified on ps2  :whyioughtta:

RGC

Quote from: EOJ on August 13, 2008, 09:53:54 PM
Eventually, I want detailed threads for all of the CAVE ports, showing the differences between them and the PCB versions.

Nice idea! I'm looking forward to the ESPGaluda and DDP DOJ comparisons - will there be any negative points for either conversion?

elf

Quote from: EOJ on August 13, 2008, 09:53:54 PM

PS2 positive changes:
-Added Arrange mode, unavailable anywhere else. That's about it.

Anything I'm missing? Kindly add it to this thread.

How could you forget the awesome Art Gallery?  :(

EOJ

OK, I added the art gallery, and the mention of the graphic censoring.
My score archive

Gwyrgyn

PS2 version has Practice mode which lets you see your rank and how things effect it, which is a really big plus if you ask me.

EOJ

From what I've read, the rank in practice mode does not mirror the rank in the real game, so it's not of much use. Better than nothing though.
My score archive

elf

It'd be nice if you could change the rank as you wish, like in doj. (in practise mode)