Death Smiles Kit Price Drop?

Started by GaijinPunch, January 21, 2008, 09:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaijinPunch

GFront of all places has Death Smiles (new) listed on their PCB list at 168,000 yen.  They are generally the most expensive shop, having never dropped new prices of Pink Sweets below retail.  Fujita's list still states 218,000 yen, updated as of a week ago.  Might be worth inquiring if you're looking for a kit.

EOJ

Interesting, thanks for the heads up. I'd think it would have to be a second print? Perhaps Fujita is trying to get the first print stock sold at full price first.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

bay

GaijinPunch

It's actually kind of standard (and kind of late).
I would've expected 180,000 by December.

Fujita isn't the quickest to update their list, and this is a new item on GFront's list which was updated last night.

EOJ

Just contacted Fujita - They said they did not know about this price, and complained that it is "unfair" for Cave to lower the price without telling them.
So, they have contacted Cave and say they will lower the price soon. But as of right now, their price remains 218,000 yen.
My score archive

Sperrfeuer

EOJ

gfront updated their website with a scrolling message that says "we only have 2 brand new deathsmiles kits left!".
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Yeah, they're blowing through them I'm sure.

Sperrfeuer

I asked yumi today and she told me the price is 168K.....but i still don't know...i have the bad feeling it will drop a lot more in the next 2 months.... :|

EOJ

Quote...i have the bad feeling it will drop a lot more in the next 2 months.... :|

Yep. If Gfront has it for 168K, it will be cheaper at fujita, etc soon. Hopefully in the $1000-$1200 range by summer (that's when I plan to get it).

Must be a second print!
My score archive

GaijinPunch

QuoteMust be a second print!

Not necessarily.  Could be, but obviously they can't keep selling them at 200,000+.
The game is like what?  3 months old now?  They should be announcing their next game soon as well.

gsl

What does just the PCB of Deathsmiles run these days?  I'm planning on taking a Cave PCB back to the 'states with me when I leave in June, and if Deathsmiles drops enough I'd love to spirit that away, but a complete kit's pricing will probably be out of the question (sure would like the poster, though).

GaijinPunch

Haven't seen a board only.  You'll have to wait for some shops to start ditching it.
There's a total of 3 posters:
-Arcade Original
-Arcade Design (unedited, and with no text other than logo)
-The Yoko one

They ran out of the two they had at the festival, I'm sure you remember.
You have the best poster they had there though. ;)

EOJ

My score archive

cannonball

I'm also waiting for this to hit around $1000-1200.  I really hope they do/did a large second print and it drops soon.  It's getting hard not to jump the gun at 160k haha.

gsl

Quote from: GaijinPunchHaven't seen a board only.  You'll have to wait for some shops to start ditching it.
There's a total of 3 posters:
-Arcade Original
-Arcade Design (unedited, and with no text other than logo)
-The Yoko one

They ran out of the two they had at the festival, I'm sure you remember.
You have the best poster they had there though. ;)
Yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with the one I got. :laugh: Now I just need to get a board to go with it and I'll be set.  With as much as I've been getting into Deathsmiles lately, though, I'm starting to appreciate the poster design more.  Think you could preemptively put me down for one if they happen to sell them at the inevitable fall event?

Sperrfeuer

163K.....i guess it's time..... :P

EOJ

163K at Fujita? It's 160K at Gfront now, and they have a bunch in stock. :/ Why is Fujita still more? They must be jacking the price up, which is surprising for them. :whyioughtta:
My score archive

Sperrfeuer

yeah..just saw it...:/...maybe yumi needs a new car?

sven666

fujita @ 158 http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r43761088

one also went unsold with a starter of 130K teh other day, strangeley its up again but with a starter of 145K ?
http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n62597530

as soon as i find one for 100K straight (or i finish my cocktail cab) im taking the plunge on one.

EOJ

Quote from: sven666one also went unsold with a starter of 130K teh other day,
It ended at 151,000 yen actually.
As you noted, the guy has another one up at 145,000 yen - either the last buyer didn't pay, or the dude has 2 to sell.

This is the deal I wish I saw in time - 110,000yen kit. :shock:
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Yeah, I would've jumped on that one in a heartbeat.

Sperrfeuer

got a good deal now....hope it's here until WE....:righton:

EOJ

Quote from: Sperrfeuergot a good deal now...
:o
How much?
My score archive

Sperrfeuer

well good deal is maybe overstated, but i wanted one and so i'm happy with it ;)

drboom

$1000 for a kit and I think I'm on it. I'm still looking for some good footage of the game being played. I've seen all of the youtube stuff. Need higher res! (Anyone?)

EOJ

Tops has these for 162,750 yen brand new, and they are always way overpriced. All the shops seem to have plenty of kits in stock, which is interesting.
My score archive

drboom

Fannie just got at me an said they have Deathsmiles kits for $1,568 USD.

EOJ

Gfront just lowered the price of their brand new DS kits to 150,000 yen. WTF??
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Yeah, it's dropping.  Tempting, but I think playing MMP at EOJ's last week has rekindled my desire to buy that.  Now, to wait.  Unfortunately, I have no art for it so I will wait for a full one.