Has Pink Sweets 1.00 been cleared without infinite lives?

Started by pmp, April 28, 2018, 02:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmp

Has Pink Sweets 1.00 been cleared without infinite lives and does a replay exist? I assume a TAS must have been done at some point, but I don't know where to look.

Muchi Muchi Spork

There's been a video of it online since forever, linked in the strategy guide on shmups.

EOJ

I know a handful of people who have done it. But surely there are many more out there.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Monouchi

Im gonna do it.  :righton:
(...or just resort to the infinite lives trick when my head explodes from memorizing what bullet-type shows up where....)

EOJ

The main problem is the boss fights in the last few stages take forever. So you have to sit there and bomb over and over for a half hour and hope you don't mess up. Ver 1.01 is much better in this regard.

Honestly if you don't do the infinite lives thing in arcade mode the best mode in the PCB version is score attack. But otherwise for all other modes I'd rather play 1.01.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Plasmo

The most impressive non-infinite lives clears are done by the Garegga-god himself, Yamanaka Masato: https://youtu.be/M7pDXAZny-4

First clear is with Meidi&Midi and the second with Shasta. Both runs show numerous techniques throughout, you won't find anywhere else. Very creative play overall, particularly for his innovative use of the rose hips. But what else can you expect from Yamanaka-kun.

Monouchi

Big thanks Plasmo for the links!  :righton:
Especially the Shasta one as I want to play with her. (Her ship design is so awesome, always looks scary when she appears in Ibara.)