Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label Extra [JP X360] - Patch is out!

Started by EOJ, November 14, 2008, 06:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentsg

How do you submit a patch to MS without realizing that it crashes the game?

lmagus

well i have finally lost faith

i have been waiting for this patch for over a year... i had hopes until this last announcement

if it breaks the game... sounds like it's hopeless

oh well, at least i don't mind too much the loading times and still play it a lot.. but i'd really like to practice stages =(

EOJ

It seems this patch was made with the programming equivalent of rubber bands and duct tape.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

njiska

Quote from: brentsg on December 02, 2010, 06:47:29 PM
How do you submit a patch to MS without realizing that it crashes the game?

Easy, Microsoft will put it through the ringer. Akira/5PB probably only have a limited testing evnironment and a basic dev setup. MS has pretty much every combination of hardware and software at their disposal. It may very well have worked on Akira's test rigs, but not on certain combinations Microsoft has.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

moozooh

Combinations of? what exactly? I was pretty sure the Xbox only had one set of hardware and very limited set of software.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

bcass

The type of testing Microsoft undertake isn't the same type of testing that the developer would do in-house. Microsoft's testing centers around how the software functions within the dashboard, for example. They're more concerned with how your software effects the environment your code is running under.

emphatic

I saw this @ shmups and for those who no longer frequents that site I'd like to share it here:

:laugh:

Source http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19021&start=2668

njiska

EOJ

Another update on the patch telling us to wait for another update:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=514
My score archive

Aliquantic

Can we get EOJ an award for patience, stamina and creativity in tracking down all those "updates"? Mihara doesn't seem the sort to easily give up, though...

Does anyone have a list of what's the patch is supposed to improve by the way, aside from the obvious suspects? I've skimmed through the thread but I can't find anything specific :-\ Thanks EOJ! I'm not sure how I missed that when it's just two weeks old...

EOJ

Quote from: Aliquantic on December 04, 2010, 12:37:36 AM

Does anyone have a list of what's the patch is supposed to improve by the way, aside from the obvious suspects? I've skimmed through the thread but I can't find anything specific :-\

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=295

Just type "Daioujou patch" into the search box on the front page to get all the related stories.
My score archive

t3ns0r

Blah...more delays.  And, here I thought the patch would have been released back in September. 

I picked up the game used in August...load time are terrible, but I've had a blast playing Black Label and X-mode.  Since I'm more of a casual player, I never noticed any bugs and I never played White Label so far.  At least Black Label plays well once you get into that mode.

njiska

Quote from: t3ns0r on December 04, 2010, 04:33:51 PM
Blah...more delays.  And, here I thought the patch would have been released back in September. 
That was your first mistake. Believing any subsequent posts of Mihara would be further mistakes numbered accordingly.

I'll say right now that I am so confident that we won't see the patch before the new year that i'll donate $100 to charity if we do.

dorakyura

Quote from: njiska on December 04, 2010, 07:09:35 PM
I'll say right now that I am so confident that we won't see the patch before the new year that i'll donate $100 to charity if we do.

Charity? Hm, I guess EOJ could use the money to cover the costs of running the site :-)

BTW: Do you plan to have some kind of donate button, EOJ?

moozooh

I suppose affiliated Play-Asia links on the main site already serve as those, albeit indirectly. ;D
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

Not sure about the donate button thing yet. I'm trying to just raise funds through adverts, stuff that doesn't actually cost members anything. We'll see how that goes.
My score archive

skykid

Quote from: EOJ on December 04, 2010, 12:22:33 AM
Another update on the patch telling us to wait for another update:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=514

Srsly fuck these assholes, they can keep their damn patch.  :mad:
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

njiska

Quote from: dorakyura on December 05, 2010, 09:48:25 AM
Quote from: njiska on December 04, 2010, 07:09:35 PM

Charity? Hm, I guess EOJ could use the money to cover the costs of running the site :-)

BTW: Do you plan to have some kind of donate button, EOJ?

That's alright, i doubt a single penny will leave my pocket. Though there's a new Mihara update so who knows.

Aliquantic

And MAME support for DOJBL (on par with Ketsui) came out before the patch after all... I wonder how long we'll have to wait for Mihara to comment about that  :-X

Third_strike

Well about DOJBLMaMe I could note this:
hyper don't affect:
- GP meter speed.
- Rank after hyper mode finish

Van_Artic

Quote from: Third_strike on December 11, 2010, 05:48:26 PM
Well about DOJBLMaMe I could note this:
hyper don't affect:
- GP meter speed.
- Rank after hyper mode finish
i second these issues, there are still these problems related to the rank getting stuck at the bottom, so the game is ridiculously easy

Sapz

Thirding this. The game felt really slow compared to usual, it threw me off quite a lot.

Shalashaska

Really? The game seems to be fine to me. All of my chains work as they do in the PS2 version; the GP meter is definitely slower when in hyper and rank is still elevated after the hyper finishes. People on shmups are saying the game feels too fast while people here are saying it's too slow....  ???

cstarflare

Is there any chatter on 2ch about this? Would love to know if some 2-ALL or 1 bil+ players have played this and how they feel about the emulation accuracy.

EOJ

My score archive

emphatic

I'm really glad they keep pursuing this. Let's hope they've nailed it this time.

EOJ

FINALLY

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=823

My guess is it will hit in the middle of next week, as that is when updates tend to become available on XB live.
My score archive

Monouchi

drunkninja

Holy crap.  So what, almost 2 years to release a patch?  :righton:

Shalashaska