Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label Extra [JP X360] - Patch is out!

Started by EOJ, November 14, 2008, 06:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monouchi

Come on 5pb......
*looks under rocks for the patch*  ???

EOJ

Mihara posted something about this last week. Basically the developer Aqua Systems has been busy with "something else", and hasn't even started on the patch work yet.  :laugh: That's why I didn't bother posting the news.

Mihara worked on the patch, but there were problems, as we all know, and apparently to fix these problems Aqua Systems needed to look at their own code and fix it, as apparently their code is so fucked up no one else can do much with it. Now we have to wait for those bums to actually get off their asses and do it (they've been doing nothing on it for over a month). Since this is the new situation, I would not be surprised if the patch never actually gets released. Quite a shame, but at least the game is still quite playable in its original form.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Monouchi

5pb, Mihara, Aqua systems, Microsoft.....
I am so confused right now..  ???

I am waiting for the patch BEFORE I play alot of BLEX.
I am soooo lucky I have Futari and Galuda2 (Ketsui prolly too..) to play around with in the meantime.

emphatic

EOJ

Mihara posted today on his blog that users have been overwhelming him and 5pb with questions & complaints about the patch over the past couple weeks. 5pb has said they will respond on their website some time later today.
My score archive

emphatic

Quote from: EOJ on May 11, 2010, 04:16:29 PM
Mihara posted today on his blog that users have been overwhelming him and 5pb with questions & complaints about the patch over the past couple weeks. 5pb has said they will respond on their website some time later today.

Wow, so there's still hope then? I guess the Ketsui port's ?ber-quality really made DOJ-BL EX owners see what is possible for 5pb to deliver.  :righton: I just hope those Aqua System douches won't pull some more shenanigans.

cstarflare

Is Aqua Systems even in the picture anymore? Seems like any involvement they have would have been ended a long time ago. Or at least should have been.

EOJ

Quote from: cstarflare on May 11, 2010, 06:59:29 PM
Is Aqua Systems even in the picture anymore? Seems like any involvement they have would have been ended a long time ago. Or at least should have been.

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=434.msg16511#msg16511

They're the only ones who can read their own fugly code, so unfortunately yes, they're still in the picture. If not, this would have been done a long time ago.
My score archive

Elixir

It would be really nice if this came out soon. To think that we've seen Futari, Galuda 2 and Ketsui before it...

EOJ

Well 5pb has posted the message on their HP: http://5pb.jp/games/ . Basically they apologize for the 1000th time, then say "we are currently in the final testing phase of the patch, both inside and outside our company. As soon as it is confirmed to work properly, we will make it available for download. It should be just a short time from now."

My score archive

moozooh

Wel, considering how much time people waited for Ketsui and what was the result, it might be just the same case. I'd say if the patch brings the game to Ketsui's level of porting quality and general usability, it should be worth it, hmm?
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

lmagus

Elixir

Good lord, did Mihara really ban foreign access to his blog?  :laugh:

neomoe

Assuming the patch does come out and works, I'll be so gay for 5bp.  I mean, Blex (even w/ the obnoxious load times) and Ketsui are probably my 2 favorite ports, and I don't hold grudges.

Monouchi

lmagus

trev1976

Tried playing this tonight ,1st the loading was doing my head in

I also wanted to watch a decent replay so downloaded one of the leaderboard but the ship just kept bombing and hugging the left side of the screen  :whyioughtta:

chucked it to the back of the cupboard till a decent patch comes out , i dont have the patience's for it atm

Jockel

Yeah, you can't possibly enjoy PLAYING a game with a broken replay function.

ave

I just played it at a meet a week ago and thought it was very nice. The loading times are deadly, but once the game has started I didn't notice too many differences to the actual arcade game / ps2 port. The smoothed graphics also look nice on an LCD (RGB is better though :P), I didn't bother with X Mode and replay downloads though.
東亜プラン4ライフ

trev1976

Quote from: Jockel on June 19, 2010, 05:41:33 AM
Yeah, you can't possibly enjoy PLAYING a game with a broken replay function.

Quote1st the loading was doing my head in

Did you even read this part of my post , the menu's , loading , fucked up replays , not being able to have the leaderboards and menu's in TATE etc etc got on my nerves

I agree once you actually get into the game its fine but trying to move back and forth from game to game to menus just takes to long

Anyway thanks for your input it was great  :righton:

Jockel

Well you summed it up pretty nicely; once you're ingame it's all A-OK.
So i really don't know what your problem is.
Enjoy the game and the possibility to play DOJ Black Label without having to shell out ridiculous amounts of money.

emphatic

Quote from: Jockel on June 19, 2010, 09:24:11 AM
Well you summed it up pretty nicely; once you're ingame it's all A-OK.
So i really don't know what your problem is.
Enjoy the game and the possibility to play DOJ Black Label without having to shell out ridiculous amounts of money.

Incorrect. Perfect menus or GTFO.  :-*

Lusche

i dont know why people bitch so much about the port ... after the initail loading of the main menu, which isnt that long its working like charm
even the ingame options are pretty good ... you can resize the screen, reposition the screen, add filters, change button config and the menus are in tate too ...
the only thing i dont like is that the replays arent working as intended and the not so good training mode ...
but overall its not as bad as many people are saying, its way better

njiska

Quote from: Lusche on June 22, 2010, 07:40:46 AM
i dont know why people bitch so much about the port ... after the initail loading of the main menu, which isnt that long its working like charm
even the ingame options are pretty good ... you can resize the screen, reposition the screen, add filters, change button config and the menus are in tate too ...
the only thing i dont like is that the replays arent working as intended and the not so good training mode ...
but overall its not as bad as many people are saying, its way better

The problem i have with loading is that EVERYTHING loads.

Logos
Main Menu
Arcade New
Stage 1

Oops I forgot to configure controls

Back to Main Menu
Options
Main Menu
Arcade NEw
Stage 1
etc

None of those loads are particularly short. They aren't all a minute long either, but they're long enough. It's not going to keep me from playing the game, but it does mean it won't be played as often.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

EOJ

Mihara posted on his blog a few days ago that they are working on the patch this month.
My score archive

sh00g

I'm twiddling my thumbs here contemplating if I really want to spend $100+ on this title for a new copy from ebay.

EOJ

My score archive

sh00g

njiska

Quote from: sh00g on July 20, 2010, 06:30:33 PM
I'm twiddling my thumbs here contemplating if I really want to spend $100+ on this title for a new copy from ebay.

If you have any friends in Japan or someone from the forum wants to help you out, you could get it on the cheap. I bought my copy 3 weeks ago from Amazon.co.jp for 6,400 JPY and that was a new sealed copy. Used i think was around the 4,000 JPY mark.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

EOJ

New update on the patch (use google translate to view the post if you aren't in Japan):

http://mihara.sub.jp/top/blog/sb203/log/eid10684.html

Mihara says this week they are fixing a problem with the replays not working that popped up. He says when they fix one thing, they have to recheck everything else, and often something else won't be working as it was before, so then they have to try and fix that. Both 5pb and Arika are working together on it. Apparently this was the only problem with the patch at their last full check, so if they fix this and no other problems pop up, it will be done. But if other problems pop up we'll have to continue to wait indefinitely.
My score archive