Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label Extra [JP X360] - Patch is out!

Started by EOJ, November 14, 2008, 06:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmagus

Medal

Finally. Do you have to have the disc in your drive to download a patch like that, or is there any way to get it on a flash drive or download it without the game present?

njiska

To my knowledge you can only patch 360 titles by loading the game and downloading the patch.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

Medal

Damn. Well, thanks. Maybe I'll find a workaround eventually. If not, the port is still good, so it's not a huge loss. Though it'd be extremely nice.

EOJ

Just hook your X360 up to the internet somewhere. Shouldn't be too hard.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Medal

My J360 is banned, unfortunately. That's part of how I got it so cheap. It's also updated past JTAG date, which is kind of a real downer.

emphatic

drunkninja

There is a site that posts up updates to 360 games for download, which you could then use other programs to load the updates to your 360 storage device with, but it looks like it's down now (not sure if permanently or temporary though).  I have it in my bookmarks for just this situation, cause I'm in the same boat as Medal.

Medal

! If it ever comes back up, please shoot me a PM :) That kind of made my heart skip a beat -- lots of possibilities!

cstle

I think anyone here with a way to connect their HDD to their PC could grab the update from the update cache. Or, if they use a USB stick they could just grab it from there.

dorakyura

Quote from: cstle on September 22, 2010, 06:46:54 PM
I think anyone here with a way to connect their HDD to their PC could grab the update from the update cache. Or, if they use a USB stick they could just grab it from there.

Hm, just wondering ... does this imply that there is a way to preserve patches for "later generations"?

bcass

Everything has already been preserved.  Regardless of what happens to Microsoft or their servers, you will always be able to obtain everything that has ever been made available on Xbox Live from other sources.  Everything you can download from Xbox Live can be downloaded from various unofficial sites on the net.  You just need a JTAGd 360 console to use it all.  This is completely unrelated to the site that drunkninja mentions.

emphatic

I wonder if this will get a Platinum release?  :laugh: Because that's the only really practical way of having all patches from the get-go, right?

StarCreator

I doubt such a thing can happen; I remember reading something suggesting that 5pb's license to sell the game has probably been revoked over the code-stealing controversy, but I can't recall where I read it.

emphatic

bcass

IIRC 5pb already indicated in one of their blog posts (or maybe Mihara's?) that it would not be getting a retail re-release.  I wouldn't be surprised if it appears on the GoD section in the near future though.

njiska

The original plan was to release a "Complete Version" as a new retail release and as paid DLC for DOJ post patch. Since the "complete version" has been called off I assume the re-release has as well.

bcass

Quote from: njiska on September 23, 2010, 01:09:07 PM
The original plan was to release a "Complete Version" as a new retail release and as paid DLC for DOJ post patch.

No, that's wrong.  Both were planned as DLC.  A re-release at retail was never on the cards.

njiska

emphatic

Apparently, there was some sort of update on the patch, but Google is useless.  :whyioughtta: So what say ye who are fluent in the mysterious language of Mihara?

EOJ

Mihara just replies to a bunch of comments that say "thanks for your hard work on the patch". He doesn't give any new info on the patch, though.
My score archive

emphatic

Quote from: EOJ on September 27, 2010, 02:26:52 PM
Mihara just replies to a bunch of comments that say "thanks for your hard work on the patch". He doesn't give any new info on the patch, though.

This is what I get for "sourcing" stuff off the shmups forum.  :laugh: Thanks for clearing it up.

EOJ

Quote from: emphatic on September 27, 2010, 03:14:06 PM
This is what I get for "sourcing" stuff off the shmups forum.  :laugh:

Shmups forum is terrible for Cave info. Almost everything they post is either inaccurate, or ripped right off these forums (without sourcing us). Seems quite a few of them check these forums every day for info to post on shmups.
My score archive

brokenhalo

Quote from: emphatic on September 27, 2010, 03:14:06 PM
Quote from: EOJ on September 27, 2010, 02:26:52 PM

This is what I get for "sourcing" stuff off the shmups forum.  :laugh: Thanks for clearing it up.

sadly you sourced japhei. the poster "domonic cobb" was outed on neogeo a while back.

njiska

StarCreator

Based on Google Translate, I doubt it's saying anything we don't already know.  Getting a translator friend to clarify.

lillin

I bet its just another apology saying that its almost done, and will be delivered soon :rolleyes:

KOA

According to the shmups twitter (I'm not sure how credible it is, myself)
"Daioujou BLEX news (jp: http://goo.gl/VNlD), patch complete, delivery soon. They apologize for the inconvenience, for the long wait, etc."

njiska

That was a twitter post by Elixir who is A: Not Credible, B: A prick and C: Not getting respect on this forum. I'd prefer a corroborating report.

StarCreator

Per translator friend, it basically says: "bla bla bla, problems, we're sorry. patch soon. please to be waiting a bit longer."  Not sure if the "patch soon" part can be interpreted as "it's done, coming out soon" or "we're still working on it".