Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label Extra [JP X360] - Patch is out!

Started by EOJ, November 14, 2008, 06:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentsg

Quote from: njiska on September 30, 2010, 11:58:43 AM
That was a twitter post by Elixir who is A: Not Credible, B: A prick and C: Not getting respect on this forum. I'd prefer a corroborating report.

Didn't realize that was Elixir, thanks.  Unfollowed that one...

njiska

Quote from: brentsg on September 30, 2010, 12:47:24 PM
Quote from: njiska on September 30, 2010, 11:58:43 AM
That was a twitter post by Elixir who is A: Not Credible, B: A prick and C: Not getting respect on this forum. I'd prefer a corroborating report.

Didn't realize that was Elixir, thanks.  Unfollowed that one...

Well two other guys post info too, but they sign their tweets. If it's not signed, it's elixir.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

KOA

I'm pretty sure Elixir signs his tweets too (see -LIX at the end).

njiska

You are correct, but he only seems to do it when he feels like it, which is rare. Normally he leaves them unsigned and posts the exact same comment at shmups forum at the same time. As he did with this one.

EOJ

The 5pb update says the patch will be finished very soon, and they will post another update when it is complete and ready for delivery. I think this might mean they have finished the patch and have submitted it to MS, so after MS approves it, it will be "complete". Mihara posted a terse, cryptic message on his blog that may be in reference to the patch being complete - if so, it's a positive message.  :)
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

New blog post from Mihara (well, a couple days old, from 10/22):

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmihara.sub.jp%2Ftop%2Fblog%2Fsb203%2F&anno=2

He says the problems have been resolved, and they hope to make another announcement BEFORE Daifukkatsu 1.5 X360 is released.

Whoopty-doo. Probably just another announcement of an announcement. This DOJ patch drama is seriously the most ridiculous thing in the history of video games.
My score archive

emphatic

Let's hope this is Microsoft making us wait and not some beating-around-the-bush bullshit.

bad-joey

I'm playing DOJ casually between my Ketsui sessions, but if it gets patched it will get much more playtime.
Hopefully the patch gets released soon

lillin

Its pretty funny that i bought a copy in august because i truly believed that the patch would be released early september :P

emphatic

I just installed the new 360 dashboard. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this bumps any work at the Microsoft offices having to do with the yet elusive patch up a notch.

The dashboard is very snappy and nice, but a bit too bright for my taste.

markedkiller78

Like others here, I bought this & have never placed it in my console.

This is torture! I was hoping to have a good run through BL before DFK is released. What are the chances :?

I think I?ll crack before the patch arrives

I?m not too sure on the new dashboard. It seems too sharp & too white. Time to load up a theme.

EOJ

I love the new dashboard. Streamlined and faster.  :righton:
My score archive

skykid

Quote from: EOJ on October 27, 2010, 06:27:24 PM
This DOJ patch drama is seriously the most ridiculous thing in the history of video games.

For serious man. I almost don't care anymore.

Almost.
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

emphatic

Quote from: markedkiller78 on November 02, 2010, 05:41:35 AM
Like others here, I bought this & have never placed it in my console.

Your loss. The port is very nice once you're in game. You should try it.

markedkiller78

njiska

I don't get the waiting. I mean the Menu system is ass and white label has issues, but black works just fine.

EOJ

My score archive

Monouchi

Sapz

Losing my old replays is irritating, but it sounds sweet for the most part. :righton: Thanks for doing this.

lillin

Quote from: EOJ on November 19, 2010, 04:01:33 AM
For the people who don't check the front page every day:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=295
What is this Microsoft panic? More importantly, why are they panicking?
Anyway, at least we know that its finished. :P
And THANK GOD they removed the 6 hour lock on x-mode, as i had to unlock about 3 times, due to it disappearing all the time.

bcass

The "panic" might be to do with the fact they've just rolled-out a significant hardware launch, together with a new dashboard, that they're still probably monitoring quite closely.

lillin

Oh yeah, i totally forgot about that thing called kinect.  :laugh:

njiska

Quote-There was a ?now loading? sign between stages during a game (this has been removed)
-Smoothing OFF would not actually remove the smoothing (smoothing has been removed completely)
-Loading times were significantly improved
Thank you, thank you and double thank you! It looks like this patch fixes nearly every frustration I have with the port.

sh00g

Looking good. Although yet another delay in its release? Give us a break!

Blue_Rei

Good to know, so when I finally do get this game, at least the patch being relatively close to release will be a big plus!

njiska

The dog say, Woof.
The Cow say Moo.
And the English translation of Mihara's latest DOJ post "http://mihara.sub.jp/top/blog/sb203/log/eid10839.html" says:

<fill in blank>

EOJ

Already translated a few hours ago on the front page:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=491

Protip: if you don't see it here, check the front page. :)
My score archive

njiska

Well i feel like an idiot. But on the other hand i got to use a speak and spell joke. Karma has balenced out in the end.

Thanks EOJ.

Anyone interested in starting release pool? At this point the odds of a release are so random we may as well gamble on it.

emphatic

QuoteHe states Cave is helping out

This is a new twist though, right?  :facepalm:

EOJ

Yep. Cave did help 5pb with the Ketsui port mess, and that turned out well, so who knows. Seems like 5pb can't do much on their own.
My score archive