Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label Extra [JP X360] - Patch is out!

Started by EOJ, November 14, 2008, 06:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antares

emphatic

Wow.  :o Can the port reach PS2 Ibara prices now, please?  :laugh: Seriously though, we need a reversed Facepalm smiley.

EOJ

Quote from: antares on January 14, 2011, 06:33:54 PM
I'll believe it when it's here.

I know what you mean. But this time it's for real. No doubt about it.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

njiska

Are you fucking serious? It's actually done, works without crashing? What sick parallel universe have I awoken to?

Oh well, here's hoping the announcement Monday is that the patch is live as those can be rolled out at any time. Unlike PSN which works on a weekly cycle.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

KOA

Finally, 5pb's posted news about the update in their official DOJBLEX page.
http://5pb.jp/games/div2/ddpdojblex/info.html

EOJ

My score archive

sh00g

Time to get destroyed more often thanks to lessor loading times.  :cool:

njiska

Quote from: EOJ on January 17, 2011, 02:19:21 AM
January 20th.

I can't wait to see how they manage to fuck this up.

Any chance we could get a summary of the patch notes, EOJ?

emphatic

njiska

I remembered seeing those. I just wasn't sure if the updated notes with the latest post on 5PB were any different.

Dude

Well if they did not steal arikas code and use a ps2 emulator for 360 this would not have been a issue lol.  :facepalm:

MikeNeko

Some of the bugs were quite severe... it's odd Microsoft accepted the release, there is no review by MS staff ?

Anyway, good news for the patch, maybe a new shipment planned with the fixed game on disk ?

HVL

Mad props to 5pb and Arika for getting through all of this, instead of giving up like a pussy. :righton:.

Now if CAVE would fix their ports...

drunkninja

Quote from: MikeNeko on January 17, 2011, 08:56:18 AM
Some of the bugs were quite severe... it's odd Microsoft accepted the release, there is no review by MS staff ?

Anyway, good news for the patch, maybe a new shipment planned with the fixed game on disk ?

I'm pretty sure they already said there wouldn't be a reprint...you never know though, I guess.

EOJ

Quote from: njiska on January 17, 2011, 06:51:16 AM
I remembered seeing those. I just wasn't sure if the updated notes with the latest post on 5PB were any different.

They are basically the same.
My score archive

njiska

Cool. Thanks.

Quote from: HVL on January 17, 2011, 10:40:10 AM

Mad props to 5pb and Arika for getting through all of this, instead of giving up like a pussy. :righton:.

Now if CAVE would fix their ports...

Hell isn't frozen over until the update hits my xbox. Then i'll truly believe.

emphatic

I wonder about that offline update via USB. Has this been used by any game in the past? It sounds weird. Also, I wonder when the first .iso of that patch will appear online.  :laugh:

SuperPang

I wondered about that also. There must be code they don't want readily available for them not to offer a download. They probably started the port from scratch  :laugh:

Dude

StarCreator

Does the offline USB update really contain anything not in the online update?  I got the vague impression they were just providing it for people who for whatever reason aren't on Live.

EOJ

Quote from: StarCreator on January 18, 2011, 11:13:27 AM
Does the offline USB update really contain anything not in the online update? 

Nope.

I got the vague impression they were just providing it for people who for whatever reason aren't on Live.

Yes, this is why they are doing it.
My score archive

MikeNeko

Quote from: StarCreator on January 18, 2011, 11:13:27 AM
Does the offline USB update really contain anything not in the online update?  I got the vague impression they were just providing it for people who for whatever reason aren't on Live.

With my previous ISP, after a change of configuration by MS after an update, i couldn t connect to windows live anymore because the packets required were too large... maybe in japan some people face the same issue.
I don t have the problem anymore, i have a better provider but that was frustrating.

supabok

The patch is up now! It's wednesday night in Tokyo and I just updated my copy!!
Finally!
as always, thx for the heads up EOJ   :)

bcass

Interestingly, there's a new Xbox 360 system update out today too.  One of the new features allows you to install game updates onto the HDD instead of having the last 10 residing on the cache.

emphatic

Quote from: supabok on January 19, 2011, 06:11:40 AM
The patch is up now! It's wednesday night in Tokyo and I just updated my copy!!
Finally!
as always, thx for the heads up EOJ   :)

I updated as well. I thought that the leaderboard were wiped clean, but all the old scores/replays were still there.

bcass

They've been wiped now.  All local scores are still intact though.  Button response is still a little flakey in some of the menus though...

supabok

Quote from: bcass on January 19, 2011, 07:25:20 AM
Button response is still a little flakey in some of the menus though...
yeah especially when trying to select leaderboards/achievements/extra!

btw, when choosing level select in new arcade mode, when you go to start the game if you hit the a button you start the level with
no power ups but if you hit the start button you start the level fully powered up. Is this normal? Not that i'm complaining really :) nice to have the option though

emphatic

I watched a replay a moment ago, and I noticed that the bonus between stages weren't skipped, so I pressed A button, and that skipped it. The next stage started playing correctly, so it was a good thing. During stages, the A button acts as a pause button.

brentsg

Quote from: bcass on January 19, 2011, 06:43:26 AM
Interestingly, there's a new Xbox 360 system update out today too.  One of the new features allows you to install game updates onto the HDD instead of having the last 10 residing on the cache.

Is this something that can be configured now?

EOJ

Thanks for the heads up, just downloaded it a bit ago and tried it out. Loads are really reduced, about 15 second for the initial load time, down from the ~1min it used to be. The graphics look sharper without the blur filter, and being able to watch replays is killer! I just watched SIN's 100 billion score in X-Mode. You can pause replays with the A button, and skip forward or backward a stage with the L and R buttons (a great feature in no other Cave port).

This game was playable before, but now it's officially awesome.  :righton:
My score archive