Deathsmiles II X [JP X360, May 27th, 2010 | US X360 GoD, May 17th, 2011]

Started by EOJ, February 26, 2010, 11:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NR777

I'm going out on a limb saying this, but it if the US release of the original Deathsmiles does well for Aksys we may see this hit around the holidays for North America.  Its a longshot, but it could happen.

SuperPang

Quote from: lam47 on February 28, 2010, 03:18:30 PM
The updated visuals really are an improvement. I almost like it as much as the pre rendered DS now :)

Should've gone to Specsavers Laurie  =D
The video on XBL made my Pioneer Kuro cry.

EOJ

For those of you in Japan, amazon japan has started preorders for both the SE and LE. The LE is currently the #1 best seller among ALL games on amazon right now!  :o
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

dcharlie

hehe, jumped on the LE preorder this morning :)

Monouchi

Wonder what will be included in the LE?
...Follet F-pillow!  :P

Edit:   ...omg...what if they included a Lei F-pillow...  :oogle:

Lunchbox

Quote from: EOJ on March 04, 2010, 02:12:40 PM
For those of you in Japan, amazon japan has started preorders for both the SE and LE. The LE is currently the #1 best seller among ALL games on amazon right now!  :o

I think maybe many people have misunderstood the "X" in the title. :laugh:

QuotePosted by: Monouchi  
Insert Quote
Wonder what will be included in the LE?
...Follet F-pillow!  

:-X

No arcades in Spain.

Monouchi

Pre-ordered at PA.  :righton:
The LE is up too, said to have soundtrack.

Wonder if there will be some DLC card with the LE like it was with DS.
I want the DS voice card...

HVL

I don't like where P-A is going with their pricing. $74.90/129.90.  :mad:

Well, I guess I'll preorder the LE because I kind of want it, and it's just money in the end.

emphatic

Quote from: Monouchi on March 05, 2010, 08:04:21 AM

It was mentioned earlier that the first print would ship with a DLC card allowing remixed soundtrack in-game.

MX7

Quote from: HVL on March 05, 2010, 08:29:22 AM

Well, I guess I'll preorder the LE because I kind of want it, and it's just money in the end.

Well, these kinds of games are priced comparatively high anyway.

RRP = 7140 yen = ?53.20 (ish)
PA price = $74.90 = ?50.23

So yeah, not Play Asia's fault! Definitely pricey though.

Edit - Still, I fuzzily remember new Mega Drive games being sold for around ?50 around 18 years ago. Not sure how, since I was only 5, but when you factor in inflation, you've got to remember things are a lot better than they used to be at least  :righton:

Monouchi

Quote from: emphatic on March 05, 2010, 08:33:31 AM
Quote from: Monouchi on March 05, 2010, 08:04:21 AM

It was mentioned earlier that the first print would ship with a DLC card allowing remixed soundtrack in-game.

Yeah, hope this is true for both the SE and LE.

HVL

Quote from: MX7 on March 05, 2010, 08:38:01 AM
Quote from: HVL on March 05, 2010, 08:29:22 AM

Well, these kinds of games are priced comparatively high anyway.

RRP = 7140 yen = ?53.20 (ish)
PA price = $74.90 = ?50.23

So yeah, not Play Asia's fault! Definitely pricey though.

Edit - Still, I fuzzily remember new Mega Drive games being sold for around ?50 around 18 years ago. Not sure how, since I was only 5, but when you factor in inflation, you've got to remember things are a lot better than they used to be at least  :righton:

The RRP of the LE is 9,240 yen, or less than 105 dollars. PA's price of $129.90 is a bit overpriced imo.

Anyway, preordered the LE with no regrets. :righton:

Thanks for the heads up regarding the PA preorders, Monouchi.

StarCreator

I just modified my long-standing order for Ketsui SE and turned it into a DS2 LE preorder.  Kept the $5 coupon and nearly $16 in affiliate credit already on the order, and added another $5 affiliate credit on top of it, making it almost as cheap as if I were paying retail price for it!

... that's just a little sad, now that I think about it.

fuse

Waiting on VGI to open pre-orders for this. After they managed to get ESPGaluda II to me this Monday, they have won my favour. Not sure whether I'll bother with the LE, quite glad that I seem to have broken the habit for this given the ramped up release schedule.

neomoe

hmm...that does seem a bit much.  it's especially surprising given the fact that Espgaluda 2 was only 109...
I'm tempted to place the order, but I think I'll hold off and wait for ncsx....hopefully they will be cheaper.  If not, I may just pass and get the SE since I really don't feel like paying +$130 for it.

this has been a great year for cave fans...but between LEs for Futari, Espgaluda 2, Ketsui and some artbooks from the matsuri (acquired from a mysterious stranger  :cool:) and now possibly the DS2 LE...I spent way too much money on this shit lately  :laugh:

well, regardless, looks like I will be passing on Senko no Ronde Duo and SSF4 for now  :mad:

emphatic

Quote from: fuse on March 05, 2010, 09:34:27 AM
Waiting on VGI to open pre-orders for this. After they managed to get ESPGaluda II to me this Monday, they have won my favour. Not sure whether I'll bother with the LE, quite glad that I seem to have broken the habit for this given the ramped up release schedule.

Amen to that.  :righton: They've always met the preorder bonuses promised as well, and if you're living in the EU, no customs hassle. Let's just hope that that horrible vocal track from the trailer is missing from both game included and DLC soundtrack versions.  :-X

HVL

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2010/03/post-3d89.html

I suppose this will be the LE cover, given the filename. 限定 means limited, right?

I like the wintery scenery (the preliminary picture on P-A's product page) more but on the other hand, this is nice because it has the whole cast of characters.

But yeah, the cover looks like it's from a pedo eroge, complete with a trap character. :laugh:

Plasmo

neomoe

:laugh:.

Ok, I get the bed of roses theme from the original DS LE, but even that was pushing it...but this bed scene in front of a nice warm fireplace... :rolleyes:

Plus, Folette and Rose are showing too much boob...my wife'll get weirded out by this.

I really wanted to get all of the LEs for these games for consistency in my collection...but i dunno, I seriously may pass on this one.

Monouchi

Haha, all characters on a bed, Follet and Rosa showing alot of skin and then casper and her "sneak peak"  :laugh:
I have my games at work cos I play on the lunches...so, hm, no.. :P

EOJ

That's not the final LE cover. Asada says in the blog post it's a preliminary picture. Some aspects will likely be changed, he says, but the general idea will stay the same (i.e. all girls on a bed in front of a fireplace).

I only buy SEs, so I don't care. I think all the LEs released thus far have less appealing cover art compared to the SEs.

Also in that blog post are some pics of a mode called "Tsukaima race". A mini racing/puzzle game.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

ckong

Quote from: emphatic on March 05, 2010, 11:39:09 AM
Quote from: fuse on March 05, 2010, 09:34:27 AM

Amen to that.  :righton: They've always met the preorder bonuses promised as well, and if you're living in the EU, no customs hassle. Let's just hope that that horrible vocal track from the trailer is missing from both game included and DLC soundtrack versions.  :-X

VGI as in ....... ?

emphatic

lam47

Videogameimports They have been in business here in the UK for years. If Chris is still in charge he is a top fella.

Doh, too slow.

Elixir

Are M2 working on this? It's being released pretty early, and Cave's been busy with Galuda 2. I'm not sure what they've been doing since Futari.

StarCreator

They also mentioned some time back they've greatly increased their production speed on the 360 ports, and it helps this one is being ported from PC-based hardware - more similar to the 360's architecture than the hardware the other ports have come from.