Dodonpachi Maximum [Windows Phone 7]

Started by Muchi Muchi Spork, March 02, 2012, 11:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muchi Muchi Spork

There wasn't a dedicated thread for this so here is one I guess. I'm bringing it up because there was a teaser video posted. The intro is pretty rad, a throwback to 1970s kungfu movies.

http://youtu.be/sGMKOi6hw1g

ookitarepanda

Quote from: Muchi Muchi Spork on March 02, 2012, 11:49:38 AM
There wasn't a dedicated thread for this so here is one I guess. I'm bringing it up because there was a teaser video posted. The intro is pretty rad, a throwback to 1970s kungfu movies.

http://youtu.be/sGMKOi6hw1g

I wonder if it's a trend for Cave for that kind of throwback, considering NIN2-Jump.

A47A47

Quote from: Muchi Muchi Spork on March 02, 2012, 11:49:38 AM
a throwback to 1970s kungfu movies.

Is this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf_c9jHAjqY

By the way, the current issue of Famitsu Xbox360 has a little article of Dodonpachi Maximum.

A47A47

Muchi Muchi Spork

Including a gameplay vid:
http://youtu.be/c5wgq7FrXOc

Can't really go wrong for 5 bucks...

moozooh

Oh hey, it's... rRootage... Death Label! Nice idea! :laugh: :righton:
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

ssfsx17

Anyone know if Kenta Cho himself was involved? I recall that he was working on XNA stuff for a while and then suddenly went silent.

sh00g

After seeing that trailer, I can't say that I'm salty about it anymore. :laugh:

MagicT

moozooh

QuoteYou may think making the games easy may attract new players but it actually isn't that simple because then it wouldn't be any fun for hardcore players. We also believe games need to have a certain level of difficulty to keep people playing for a long time.
If we try to make it easier by cutting down on the number of bullets then it wouldn't be a manic shooter would it?
So we decided to take a different approach -- Let's just make some good games.

:righton:
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Shalashaska

QuoteCAVE has ported several of its games to iPhone and you just released Dodonpachi Maximum for Windows Phone. Does this mean your company is leaving the console market to focus on mobile phone games?

That is a big possibility. I don't know for sure because it all relates with how the market changes but Japanese people nowadays have less time to themselves so they don't really have time to really sit back and relax at home to play videogames. Compared to consoles, games on mobile devices can be played during commuting or waiting for something - generally short durations of time so we consider that market very appealing considering the current state of Japan and its people. There's no point in developing games if people don't have time to play them.

:'(

sh00g

Quote from: Shalashaska on March 26, 2012, 03:18:59 PM
QuoteCAVE has ported several of its games to iPhone and you just released Dodonpachi Maximum for Windows Phone. Does this mean your company is leaving the console market to focus on mobile phone games?

That is a big possibility. I don't know for sure because it all relates with how the market changes but Japanese people nowadays have less time to themselves so they don't really have time to really sit back and relax at home to play videogames. Compared to consoles, games on mobile devices can be played during commuting or waiting for something - generally short durations of time so we consider that market very appealing considering the current state of Japan and its people. There's no point in developing games if people don't have time to play them.

:'(

You do what you got to do to survive. I respect that. At the same time though I think I'd be done with them. Not in a sense that I wouldn't want to play their games or whatever, but more into the fact that I wouldn't bother following them and see what they are planning, releasing, etc.

ookitarepanda

So we decided to take a different approach -- Let's just make some good games.
[/quote]

How the hell is that a DIFFERENT approach, Cave? Give yourselves some credit for your library  :P ;)

MagicT

CAVE has ported several of its games to iPhone and you just released Dodonpachi Maximum for Windows Phone. Does this mean your company is leaving the console market to focus on mobile phone games?

[/quote]

Understand this thing ...

But the new arcade games (dodonpachi saidaioujou .. etc) will always be normal console port ... That's all I want!
(And it would be quite a decent Ibara port)
Otherwise be more mobile games, does not bother me ...

EOJ

Interview with the development team in Japanese:

http://app.famitsu.com/20120619_71759/

I skimmed through it but didn't find too much of interest.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999