Shibuya Kaikan - Cave Cabs

Started by TheSoundofRed, October 24, 2011, 09:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSoundofRed

I'm out in Tokyo for a bit and stopped into Shibuya Kaikan as the 50 yen plays seemed hard to pass up. If you don't know the setup there, on the basement floor (B1) they have 5 Cave cabs (ESPGaluda II, Mushi Futari 1.5, Ketsui, Akai Katana, Deathsmiles). It's relatively quiet and you can usually sit down at any of the cabs without much of a wait, if any. The most interesting bit of my visit was watching a woman dressed in business attire Ura Loop Ketsui while I barely managed to hit Stage 4 in Mushi Futari Original.

I wasn't expecting this particular spot to be as chill and fun given the hectic nature of Shibuya. Has anyone else been to this spot, and how was your experience?

Also, are there any other good arcades with Cave cabs with a similar atmosphere? I've heard HEY is a good spot, but it seems like it's a relatively busy place.

EOJ

Cool beans. If you have time to swing by Kyoto, I can show you around the arcades here.  :righton:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

emphatic

Quote from: TheSoundofRed on October 24, 2011, 09:05:35 AMThe most interesting bit of my visit was watching a woman dressed in business attire Ura Loop Ketsui while I barely managed to hit Stage 4 in Mushi Futari Original.

Hot!  :righton:

Monouchi

Cool. Have to check out that place when I go to japan next time.

A month ago I was in Tokyo and played at HEY, it was very quiet around lunch in a weekday.
...though I preferred Taito staition across the street.  :)

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: EOJ on October 24, 2011, 09:15:58 AM
Cool beans. If you have time to swing by Kyoto, I can show you around the arcades here.  :righton:

We're going outside of Tokyo on Wednesday, but then flying out to London then back to the states Thursday morning. I'll let you know if we head to Kyoto for sure.

Tesuman

Shibuya Kaikan is teh business! 

It's one of a few places that keep it real and not resort those damn 3zillion-in-one emu-cabs.

matrigs

i really like this arcade :

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214227984162705971022.0004b1ecffe6825d7dc61&msa=0&ll=35.689337,139.702178&spn=0.003568,0.002897

in the basement they have several cave-games. not very crowded and a kind of "underground" atmosphere. liked it much more than the hey which was too crowded. spent most time in hey at launch day of akai katana.

if memory serves me right there was also a nice very quiet place in akiba. getting out of the akiba hey, on the other side of the main road, a bit further down away from the station and the entrance was not from the main street but from the back side. and there was a small elevator up. i searched a bit on the internet and i think it's the "try amusement tower" but not sure bout that.

Monouchi

Quote from: matrigs on November 17, 2011, 07:01:46 AM
i really like this arcade :

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214227984162705971022.0004b1ecffe6825d7dc61&msa=0&ll=35.689337,139.702178&spn=0.003568,0.002897

in the basement they have several cave-games. not very crowded and a kind of "underground" atmosphere. liked it much more than the hey which was too crowded. spent most time in hey at launch day of akai katana.

if memory serves me right there was also a nice very quiet place in akiba. getting out of the akiba hey, on the other side of the main road, a bit further down away from the station and the entrance was not from the main street but from the back side. and there was a small elevator up. i searched a bit on the internet and i think it's the "try amusement tower" but not sure bout that.

Yep, thas The Try tower, very nice and quiet.
I liked Taito station also.